2017 March Entries

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The irony is.. FSP shooters of old say they don't like Sporting because of the waiting around. Well you have to watch 13 people shoot before you have a go in a 7 squad. 

Hi Will, how do you have to watch 13 people before you shoot on a 7 man squad? I don't get that?! :blink:

Hi Will, how do you have to watch 13 people before you shoot on a 7 man squad? I don't get that?! :blink:
Sorry, I meant if you shoot first on the singles for example. You watch everybody else, then shoot last on the doubles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will, your knowledge & history of attending, competeing & even watching FITASC shoots can be written on the back of a stamp with room for your full name & address.

When youve got some mileage under your belt with more knowledge & experiance you will be well placed to comment !!!!  :cool:

Untill then watch, learn & listern lease, on another note..............NO wind tomorrow show you should be ok  :angel:

There's a waiting list, if you don't like it...
:baby: :baby: :baby:

Sorry, I meant if you shoot first on the singles for example. You watch everybody else, then shoot last on the doubles.
Will, that is 6 people, shooting single and double, on a 20 bird layout that's a maximum of either 4 singles each and 2 doubles or 5 singles and 1 double on any hoop, no hardship (for me anyway). If I'm first in the single, i shoot my singles, put the gun back in the slip, put my jacket on (it's always cold up here) drink some water...then I look at the menu to see what the double(s) will be, by that time 2-3 have shot, then I decided how I'm going to shoot the double...by which time everyone has shot the singles. I watch the first two shoot the double to confirm my plan. Drink some more water, pick gun back up, when two in front steps into the hoop, jacket off, gun out of slip, one in front steps into hoop, I really switch on, watch the birds closely and confirm hold points/kill points...then I'm on. It all goes by quickly...for me!!!

Will, that is 6 people, shooting single and double, on a 20 bird layout that's a maximum of either 4 singles each and 2 doubles or 5 singles and 1 double on any hoop, no hardship (for me anyway). If I'm first in the single, i shoot my singles, put the gun back in the slip, put my jacket on (it's always cold up here) drink some water...then I look at the menu to see what the double(s) will be, by that time 2-3 have shot, then I decided how I'm going to shoot the double...by which time everyone has shot the singles. I watch the first two shoot the double to confirm my plan. Drink some more water, pick gun back up, when two in front steps into the hoop, jacket off, gun out of slip, one in front steps into hoop, I really switch on, watch the birds closely and confirm hold points/kill points...then I'm on. It all goes by quickly...for me!!!
Yes fair enough, I do similar, but find 5 or six to be the perfect number. 7 becomes slightly long. It's matter of degree. The biggest step forward in making FSP a palatable day is the increasingly popular 50, break, 50. Works so well for me and many others.

Last edited by a moderator:
And the ground owner still pays the ref's the same amount of money, even though they have put through the equivalent of more squads....

6 man squads are perfect, 7 & 8 man squads are sheer bloody murder on the ref......

Sadly it seems to be a common occurrence , with a number of grounds adopting the practice.

And the ground owner still pays the ref's the same amount of money, even though they have put through the equivalent of more squads....

6 man squads are perfect, 7 & 8 man squads are sheer bloody murder on the ref......

Sadly it seems to be a common occurrence , with a number of grounds adopting the practice.
Your obviously not being looked after (unlike my refs !!!?)

get at least 2 reliefs per day & good rates of ££ plus free food & drink

BTW ..... every squad was in front by 30 mins, so all shooters were happy ???

These days you go in high, you can rarely get your clients to accept a price hike big enough but you can always drop the price a bit.

There are some very astute pricing algorithms around these days, used a lot on websites, that can extract a premium from the market. I'm surprised some of the more cut throat operators haven't tried it yet with comp entries. 

On line booking portal, say 250 places available on a comp with a capacity of say 300.

Early bookers get entry for say £55 . 50 get sold on first day. Price rises to £70 another 50 go. Demand drops off and price slips gradually to 58. A few days before and price is back to 55. On the day price is 50 There are only 20 takers but 265 people shoot.

The ground sells 265 at an average price of say £65 but gets a good up front commitment, money in the bank early, few if any no shows and the comp is full.

These days you go in high, you can rarely get your clients to accept a price hike big enough but you can always drop the price a bit.

There are some very astute pricing algorithms around these days, used a lot on websites, that can extract a premium from the market. I'm surprised some of the more cut throat operators haven't tried it yet with comp entries. 

On line booking portal, say 250 places available on a comp with a capacity of say 300.

Early bookers get entry for say £55 . 50 get sold on first day. Price rises to £70 another 50 go. Demand drops off and price slips gradually to 58. A few days before and price is back to 55. On the day price is 50 There are only 20 takers but 265 people shoot.

The ground sells 265 at an average price of say £65 but gets a good up front commitment, money in the bank early, few if any no shows and the comp is full.
Any ground that charged a different price at any point would never get my money and i suspect nearly everybody would feel the same,being honest i could never see it happening.

Hallelujah a side game to keep those of us with attention deficit happy.  I missed out this time but next time Phil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back