2012 British Open Sporting & Sportrap - Fauxdegla SG

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlenPresley

So it has been officially announced now that this will be held a Fauxdegal Shooting Ground in Wales. I have never shot there myself but I believe they have held some major Fitasc Comps in the past and I think Elvis has been there. If my mind serves me correct based on the fitasc that has been held there it has had some very good reports. It also helps that it is a ground most do not shoot that regular. Thoughts from all and who is going? Glen.

Never been there myself either so I think I would enjoy shooting new ground. Might have to sneak over this spring and try their sporting Looking good for the majors this year so far.

I've never shot there but looks like a nice place and the guy seems to be making a real effort. Good luck to him, I have heard they have some good ground.On the other hand disappointed that the english is down at Southdown. I will hold of entry until I find if it is down the track or not; if it is I'll save my 50 odd quid!

Overall seems like the CPSA has taken note and tried to give the shooters what they want this year. Worlds  - with Steve who has shown he is probably currently one of the best course setters out there at the moment. British is with a ground which had rave reviews regarding it's fitasc a few years back I believe and somewhere different and interesting. Things are looking bright this year at the moment may even think about a return to make the effort to do one this time around!!! Glen.

Yep, holiday booked. Just need to decide what I want to shoot. Will probably skip the fitasc and just spectate maybe do sportrap but probably just prelim and main event. Roll on Feb to het my entry in

Yep - going to book holiday as well... not sure I'll be able to afford everything, but definitely the Sporting - but I'm goin to hang around for a lot of it and liveblog scores.

Fauxdegla have a Fitasc selection shoot in April for those who want a look.

shootclay admin said:

Yep - going to book holiday as well... not sure I'll be able to afford everything, but definitely the Sporting - but I'm goin to hang around for a lot of it and liveblog scores.
 Live reporting of scores? What the heck do you think you are doing man? You keep your `I'm going to act like it's later than 1995` to yourself.Have you no sense of tradition? You will deprive hundreds, if not thousands of interested parties from their much loved 2-5 day wait for scores. What will become of this multi-day `dwell`, where we all go through a lovely process of extreme curiosity, which fades to frustration, before finally not caring because it was all too long ago.. This is what we know and love. Bloody newbie. This is not the Gadget Show. Sod off back to 2012 where you belong. CSC3, on behalf of the whole shooting fraternity and places with buckets for toilets everywhere. Hmmphh.. 

Blimey - smash the presses - the luddites have arrived /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif I tried some liveblogging last year over on the main site - and I had amazing, record numbers of scores... if I can get live scores (and I'm going to be asking everyone to take my text number and text me stuff at the big events I'm not at), I'll carry them and really build up some interest in the big events. I might even talk some of the people that work at grounds how to do it themselves direct to the site (Allison - I'm looking in your direction) It's 21st century stuff...

Ooooh a little bit of peeee just ran down my leg in excitement!! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif

All if it!!! just uncontrollable all this excitement tonight!!! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif

I can recommend Tena for Men  /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

One day… each referee will have an iPad (other products are available of course /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif) to provide live scores and results as the clays break. /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gifWe also tried tweeting breaking results for the first time at the British Open last year. Matt, we can share results with you as we record them.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like things are looking up!!/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

Yes the british at Hodnet was a great success to follow on twitter with updates and the like. Well done.Ipads in the rain though /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif dont think i would be using mine outside unless it was glorious sunshine /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif

Maxum said:

Yes the british at Hodnet was a great success to follow on twitter with updates and the like. Well done.Ipads in the rain though /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-frown.gif dont think i would be using mine outside unless it was glorious sunshine /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif
At this years CES there is a company which has developed a waterproofing solution for iPhone, Pod, Pad etc. and the future is looking bright with technology :)I don't think the iPad would be feasable due to A, Fatigue and B, Battery life.  Probably a more workable solution would be for every shooter to have a barcode below the number on their skeet vest and small unit's like UPS etc carry with custom software to cover every discipline and communicate straight back to HQ, scan the shooter as they enter the stand then results updated straight away.  No more magic pencil, makes it easier for refs to record gun malfunctions, warnings etc. As these devices have a unique MAC address like all PC network cards, mobile phones with WiFi etc. it's secure, properly planned the CPSA could go out to some of the larger grounds and get a commitment together to make the initial investment per unit cheaper but if well planned the ROI could be easily determined as they can save a lot of money and time, shooters can pre-register for the shoot on the CPSA Online booking system therefore no need to queuetake cash to the ground which saves time, particularly for the people shooting back to back.  A simple photo membership card with said bar code scanned on entry to the first stand, then a rescan to confirm the shooter confirms the score on exit. This technology has been around for years and I doubt it would be silly expensive to implement but the obvious benefits are live scores, potential reduction in costs for ground owners and shooters. WinWin so far as I can see. Time to fire up the DeLorian and head back to 1995 :)  Jon.

Back