ZZ?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wylye

With one or two obvious exeptions, does anyone on here know what the two initials, ZZ stand for? No looking it up mind! Have a stab at it.

Zinc zurito (according to Chris Potter on a youtube video I watched ages ago).

ziga zaga ziga zaga,,,, oy-oy-oy--  I hit one !!!!,, if I remember correctly ,back in the day,,,

Like Bebo says. The Zurito was the type of pigeon used in the original format with the first artificials being made with zinc.

Often mistaken for Zig-Zag describing the erratic flight of the new game.

But then, you knew that anyway Ian. ☺

Like Bebo says. The Zurito was the type of pigeon used in the original format with the first artificials being made with zinc.

Often mistaken for Zig-Zag describing the erratic flight of the new game.

But then, you knew that anyway Ian. ☺
Well I wouldn't have asked the question if I hadn't known the answer !  I'm amazed at the depth of knowledge on this site, every day reveals another layer of useful facts and information that is essential to our shooting lives. 

If I remember correctly, in the early 70's the targets were about 10/- each? whereas 100 reg ISU skeet comp was a fiver. :fie:   

Apparently it's to do with the country it was shot. Early targets were Zinc coated metal targets. Zinc or whatever it is called in that country was abbreviated to ZZ and it stuck..

Latest posts

Back