Zoli

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just had a look at Lock stock's link to fawcetts. I like the look of the Kronos trap even though I have never really liked black action. £1750 for a detachable trigger trap gun !

How bad can it be ?

For that money if I was in the market for an affordable trap gun I would have a punt on one. 

Just had a look at Lock stock's link to fawcetts. I like the look of the Kronos trap even though I have never really liked black action. £1750 for a detachable trigger trap gun !
How bad can it be ?
For that money if I was in the market for an affordable trap gun I would have a punt on one. 
Yes very cheap drop lock gun mate! Mind you I'm very wary of makes that I don't really know, just never seem to see the things in the hands of trap shooters, at least I haven't.

Have seen a few but as you say not many. Doesn't mean there not good though, you could get one and start a trend.

How bad can it be ?

They're superb guns for that money, I bought one (unseen) and it was a cracker except the barrels weighted more than I personally like.

Hammy

how did it handle what was quality of build etc

Hammy

how did it handle what was quality of build etc
I've not owned a P or K gun, only Beretta, Browning, Miroku, Remington, Laurona and of course the Zoli. The K80 does have an air of engineering about it I have to admit but the few Perazzi I have shot or handled didn't seem better. I am no engineer of course, I go by the ease of opening and closing and the way it's put together, the sounds it makes and how it fires. The Zoli felt like a DT10 to me, very solid with no shakes, the trigger was a joy, I could easily have improved on the basic recipe had they had the forethought to consult me :king:  , like the grip shape and girth but essentially it was a very good gun. The POI was spot on too.

I think it is the cheapest way of getting a drop lock mech if that's your fancy. Today I drove to Ashford on a whim to view a Salvinelli Monza, pretty gun, handled a treat, probably due to it being quite light but it made the sort of shutting noise that I couldn't live with !

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers they sound ok to me

this shutting sound was it like a CG ?

If so then i know what you mean

Back on topic, on another thread I think ShootClays very own gun reviewer Ed has given a brief comment on the brand, it was a bit short, reading between the line I took it as he thought the gun in question was "overpriced"

The Kronos is a Perazzi style gun something like the CG, neither have one of Perazzi's best features that is the interlocks on the cheek faces, I think the Zoli's fore-end metal is aluminium alloy but other than that they certainly appear beautifully made, IMHO a street or two ahead of CG in that department. The horrible depreciation won't be because of poor quality though market forces tend to decide such things.

One of the new top end Webley and Scott over and unders is a rebadged Kronos complete with detachable trigger group and for incredible money.

Strange that so many CG users seem to be overcoming the apparent mechanical issues that they are supposedly handicapped by according to some to win rather a lot of events....a World Sporting title, some ISSF Golds and a fair few other events and competitions. Interesting to note that resale value on them seems to be holding up well, though that may have something to do with the fact that demand is so high for them that the factory cant keep up.  I guess there must be a lot of people looking to buy an inherently fault ridden gun..........GOOD GRIEF!  

Think they might have just given Melanie Sykes one...wonder if that will help?

She has definitely been 'tweeting' about them...
D'yer want a flake with that luv?

1175349_10151693889933800_452270596_n.jpg

Perhaps I should justify my previous comments by stating that I am a (recent) previous owner of a CG and a previous user of a Kronos!

Back