zoli z gun

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I shoot in Italy quite regularly and there is quite a Zoli following among Italian trap shooters, far more in sight than Caesar Guerinis.
Only my opinion however I think that Zoli guns are well made gun where the engineering has been well thought about whereas I think the Guerini gun is a gun that is made to fit a manufacturing budget... that is not to say they don't perform well... I would not buy one though... not that, that means much :lol:

whereas I think the Guerini gun is a gun that is made to fit a manufacturing budget...
Trust me, all viable manufacturing businesses build to a budget, even Purdey. Speaking as a retired businessman I guarantee that Zoli, Perazzi and every other ongoing gun maker does the same. What CG got right was to pick their market segment and build a range to sell successfully into it, so did Perazzi, Krieghoff and various others before them. Sadly, Zoli, like several other Italian makers, don't seem to have identified where in the market their products fit. Something which has led to the disappearance of many, many gun makers over the years. I'm sorry to have to say this but issuing guns to a handful of trap shooters is no substitute for proper product planning and marketing.

Q1: How many open days have Zoli held? No idea, probably none!

Q2: How many open days have CG held? No idea but certainly lots and lots!

It doesn't matter how good the guns are if (a) No one knows much about them and (b) They're only attractive at deeply discounted used prices. Because without sales of new guns, the used market dries up.

Trust me, all viable manufacturing businesses build to a budget, even Purdey. Speaking as a retired businessman I guarantee that Zoli, Perazzi and every other ongoing gun maker does the same. What CG got right was to pick their market segment and build a range to sell successfully into it, so did Perazzi, Krieghoff and various others before them. Sadly, Zoli, like several other Italian makers, don't seem to have identified where in the market their products fit. Something which has led to the disappearance of many, many gun makers over the years. I'm sorry to have to say this but issuing guns to a handful of trap shooters is no substitute for proper product planning and marketing.

Q1: How many open days have Zoli held? No idea, probably none!

Q2: How many open days have CG held? No idea but certainly lots and lots!

It doesn't matter how good the guns are if (a) No one knows much about them and (b) They're only attractive at deeply discounted used prices. Because without sales of new guns, the used market dries up.
I am not at odds with you on that Westward the point is Zoli realise you cannot make a good gun on too short a budget. Their marketing down here seems to be good to be honest they had a stall at the French Champs at Ychoux and they had one at Lonato for the UT euros as well could it be the are not really focused on the UK ? I don't know to be honest. One thing about this thread which for me at least is interesting. Since I bought my present gun have never even thought about changing my gun. I KNOW its me not the gun. If you are willing to admit that you will save a lot of money and bad shooting experiences chasing a dream. People change to more expensive cartridges , their safety glasses allsorts of things that they hope... mistakenly ... are going to miraculously improve their performance but at the end of the day you have to be honest and say the person pointing the gun is the arbiter ! 

could it be the are not really focused on the UK ?
Hmmm it's possible... Prior to Edgar Bros their distributor was a fishing tackle shop in Lancaster.

Product distribution needs very a different business model from operating a shop, so it's no surprise that for years Zoli's sales languished. I was potentially in the market for a Kronos about 3-4 years back but I wasn't going to drive 225 miles each way to look at one in shop and they weren't interested in sending one to a local RFD (who happened to be one of their appointed dealers), much less suggest a way I could actually try one. IIRC, after Edgar Bros took over, the folks in Lancaster were selling off Zoli stock at massive discounts but I'd already bought a CG by then.

I'd be very surprised if they weren't serious about the UK because this is the 2nd biggest market for shotguns after the USA. If I was running Zoli I'd be dead serious about the UK market.

Hmmm it's possible... Prior to Edgar Bros their distributor was a fishing tackle shop in Lancaster.

Product distribution needs very a different business model from operating a shop, so it's no surprise that for years Zoli's sales languished. I was potentially in the market for a Kronos about 3-4 years back but I wasn't going to drive 225 miles each way to look at one in shop and they weren't interested in sending one to a local RFD (who happened to be one of their appointed dealers), much less suggest a way I could actually try one. IIRC, after Edgar Bros took over, the folks in Lancaster were selling off Zoli stock at massive discounts but I'd already bought a CG by then.

I'd be very surprised if they weren't serious about the UK because this is the 2nd biggest market for shotguns after the USA. If I was running Zoli I'd be dead serious about the UK market.
Salvinelli appear to have followed a similarly dreary route into marketing their wares, half hearted single agent which seemed disinterested in sales now replaced by a more energetic gun shop with excellent retail reputation, at least they've declared they're not trying to capture a huge slice of the market. 

wow,that's lovely mate. Stunning wood, nice engraving ?

you shot it yet ?

how much ?

That would be after Italy then ?

wow,that's lovely mate. Stunning wood, nice engraving ?

you shot it yet ?

how much ?
Exhibition grade wood;

100% all hand engraving;

Custom fit stock in Italy at Zoli stock maker, and then Zoli factory finished;

Plus multiple Zoli accessories;

£16k

First shoot with it tomorrow :smile:  

Last edited by a moderator:
beautiful that mate ?

let me know how it shoots ?

looks high and quite parallel in the comb !!

That is a nice piece of kit  :smile:  I have an erection now  :oops:

Exhibition grade wood;

100% all hand engraving;

£14k

top draw ,  beautiful  , hope all goes well !  

Exhibition grade wood;

100% all hand engraving;

£16k

Absolutely beautiful. A bit out of my reach though . ( a bit more than 1/3 of my annual salary before taxes and such). But I love the fact that people can and will buy equipment like this :) , and I really appreciate the craftsmanship in it also. 

Lars

Last edited by a moderator:
Back