zoli

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are very good guns indeed, I have a Kronos and the finish on it is excellent.

Done a fair bit of research on the market for these and one thing puzzles me.....you can buy a new 12g game gun with det trigger etc for £15/1600 . So why is a Zoli One 12g sporter with fixed trigger etc approx £2800 ??? Look identical actions and making a stock doesn`t cost any more for a different shape....

I saw a Floyd Patterson youtube 'Gun Shorts' the other day and he was saying that the Zoli 'Z' guns are big sellers in the USA as he got a number of messages from American viewers that these guns are very well respected over the pond unlike the UK where second hand prices are very low, just do not hold their price.  As long as I can remember in 55+ years of shooting, we do have the habit of knocking certain guns which tends to stick for many years and a similar case with rifles.

I recall many years ago I used to have a 26'' Arkrom skeet gun that came with me on the sporting competition circuits to handle very close driven to which it was superb, never missed a beat in all the years I owned it BUT whilst I do not remember who the family was that made them, there was another family member that made another gun known as utter crap and my little Arkrom was tied with the same brush, it is typical of the the English mentality unfortunately.

Long live the underdog.......
Floyd Patterson was an American professional boxer who competed from 1952 to 1972, and twice reigned as the world heavyweight champion between 1956 and 1962. At the age of 21, he became the youngest boxer in history to win the title, and was also the first heavyweight to regain the title after losing it.

url

He did not, as far as I am aware run a youtube channel...

Unfortunately the majority of dinosaurs in the sport (read older people) only know three names for guns B,B,M so to any newbie starting anything else is crap no matter how good it may be 😄
I don't believe that is the case.  I have taken many people to get their first gun, after I had taught them to shoot. Although I don't own one, I do like the current Zoli guns, however, would I recommend them to a 'newbie' shooter  ?  No, I wouldn't.  The sole reason being, a newcomer is highly likely to be looking to change that first gun in a short space of time and for reasons already given, they stand to find it difficult to part chop, or will take a massive drop on the purchase price. I know to my cost, having just had to take a big drop on a Ceasar Guerini Apex and I fall into that 'Oldie' bracket. As a result I would be reluctant to recommend a CG to anyone and the same applies to the Zoli.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice looking guns, but of no fault of their own their signature brand of a plain Z  has been hi jacked by Russian invaders. 

Floyd Patterson was an American professional boxer who competed from 1952 to 1972, and twice reigned as the world heavyweight champion between 1956 and 1962. At the age of 21, he became the youngest boxer in history to win the title, and was also the first heavyweight to regain the title after losing it.

He did not, as far as I am aware run a youtube channel...
Well thats just being picky 🤣

I don't believe that is the case.  I have taken many people to get their first gun, after I had taught them to shoot. Although I don't own one, I do like the current Zoli guns, however, would I recommend them to a 'newbie' shooter  ?  No, I wouldn't.  The sole reason being, a newcomer is highly likely to be looking to change that first gun in a short space of time and for reasons already given, they stand to find it difficult to part chop, or will take a massive drop on the purchase price. I know to my cost, having just had to take a big drop on a Ceasar Guerini Apex and I fall into that 'Oldie' bracket. As a result I would be reluctant to recommend a CG to anyone and the same applies to the Zoli.
There's nothing wrong with buying a used Zoli as someone else has taken the "hit" just like you did when you sold your Apex.

My Zoli when new was £3500, I bought it for £2000, never used or shot  and it had just sat on the dealers rack for 15 years.

Compared to a B,B,M, I bought a very good gun which is well balanced with an excellent trigger and has very little recoil.

Nice looking guns, but of no fault of their own their signature brand of a plain Z  has been hi jacked by Russian invaders. 
I did wonder why I keep getting punched in the face whilst wearing my Zoli cap.

There's nothing wrong with buying a used Zoli as someone else has taken the "hit" just like you did when you sold your Apex.

My Zoli when new was £3500, I bought it for £2000, never used or shot  and it had just sat on the dealers rack for 15 years.

Compared to a B,B,M, I bought a very good gun which is well balanced with an excellent trigger and has very little recoil.
My CG was USED when  I bought it, I still took a massive drop compared to any of the 3 top brands I have owned over the years. Hence my not looking at a Zoli. 

My CG was USED when  I bought it, I still took a massive drop compared to any of the 3 top brands I have owned over the years. Hence my not looking at a Zoli. 
The only winners are the dealers methinks 🤔

Not sure why CG don't hold their price as they have established themselves with some big hitters using them. Mine is a 30'' which handles really well and I had some shots with a 32'' and again it shot very well indeed and to be honest just as good as my old DT10 but with a better grip.

Not sure why CG don't hold their price as they have established themselves with some big hitters using them. Mine is a 30'' which handles really well and I had some shots with a 32'' and again it shot very well indeed and to be honest just as good as my old DT10 but with a better grip.
If you like your gun and it seems that you do. it does not matter who made it 😃

If you like your gun and it seems that you do. it does not matter who made it 😃
Agreed.  I think I will be getting a 32'' version after our cottage is sold and take my 30'' to Doveridge /Premier guns to have an adjustable comb raiser fitted to suit my wife.

Agreed.  I think I will be getting a 32'' version after our cottage is sold and take my 30'' to Doveridge /Premier guns to have an adjustable comb raiser fitted to suit my wife.
That's a good idea 😃

Same old story, stick with the main brands you'll sell it on or trade it in and won't loose hardly any thing, well I've had all the main brands and can tell you that's not the case.

In fact I think that saying was started by the 'main brands'

Back to CG,  Invictus Allsport and yes I lost on my Summit when I traded it in, but no different to the other main names when I and others I know traded their 'stick to the main brands in etc 😁

Interestingly yesterday in my rfd we were talking about this very subject and they found that in their catchment area, many less experienced clay shooters and those who are new to the game were giving more favour to guns like Kofs, ATA, Rizini & Yildiz instead of higher grade second hand guns and this also extended out to club shooters who were not interested in competition shooting but wanted to spend a maximum of a grand or less on a new gun. 

I did buy an ATA Supersport for my wife and to be honest it handles well for the money, it is not however anything like a Beretta in my humble opinion.

I did buy an ATA Supersport for my wife and to be honest it handles well for the money, it is not however anything like a Beretta in my humble opinion.
Can confirm. My wife's ATA is... OK. But in put-together-ness it's well short of my Beretta. It just feels a little less precise, a little less done. The tolerances are greater, level of finish is lower.

I was really considering a yildiz pro but if it feels as 'budget' I'm glad I went deeper into my pocket. Its possibly ruined me on future guns though!

Can confirm. My wife's ATA is... OK. But in put-together-ness it's well short of my Beretta. It just feels a little less precise, a little less done. The tolerances are greater, level of finish is lower.

I was really considering a yildiz pro but if it feels as 'budget' I'm glad I went deeper into my pocket. Its possibly ruined me on future guns though!
I had the same thoughts when I picked up my CG Allsprt  compared to a Beretta 😄

Back