Zoli pics

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hamster

Some pics I managed to take today, hope they come out OK.

The one from above is trying to show the pitch difference between the 682 on the right, it's very close now but I kept the comb alterations sensible too in case I decide to sell it. It's still more Sporter than Trap.

post-29-0-83194700-1342606563.jpg

post-29-0-22956400-1342606573.jpg

post-29-0-67495700-1342606580.jpg

post-29-0-30756500-1342606588.jpg

post-29-0-49218700-1342606597.jpg

post-29-0-59380300-1342606613.jpg

post-29-0-81795500-1342606623.jpg

Attachments

• Zoli 002.jpg
    Zoli 002.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Zoli 003.jpg
    Zoli 003.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Zoli 004.jpg
    Zoli 004.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Zoli 005.jpg
    Zoli 005.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Zoli 006.jpg
    Zoli 006.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Zoli 008.jpg
    Zoli 008.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Zoli 009.jpg
    Zoli 009.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 0
hello, i like your barrel they seem lighter than mine due to you don't have rib between the two barrel , look like some Kemen or Perrazzi sporting model

hello, i like your barrel they seem lighter than mine due to you don't have rib between the two barrel , look like some Kemen or Perrazzi sporting model
Hello Epic,

The gun did have a mid rib but I had this removed to lighten the barrels and it has worked, I have also always had a soft spot for ribless O/U guns anyway as they are bound to be a little less affected by cross winds on bad days!?

oh ok, good idea, zoli barrel are heavier than beretta one. who did this modification?

oh ok, good idea, zoli barrel are heavier than beretta one. who did this modification?
Chris Symonds out of Essex, but he sent it off elsewhere for the re-blacking. It took a long time to find a gunsmith prepared to remove the rib, most seemed to think it was beyond them!!

this kind of barrel are often special command directly at the factory, remove the mid rib can change the convergence of the gun.

this kind of barrel are often special command directly at the factory, remove the mid rib can change the convergence of the gun.
I was a little worried by this but having done before and after POI tests I'm pleased to say there's been no change. It baffles me why manufacturers don't routinely look at removing mid ribs in order to change the shooting characteristics of their guns.

Many have resorted to making the barrel walls thinner to achieve a reduction :yell: :eek: , even Krieghoff have a solid rib on their latest Parcours Edition despite the fact that reducing weight off the barrels was one of their primary aims!! :huh: :mellow:

Nice stuff Hamster - I had a few shots with a Zoli this morning, quite impressed.

I was a little worried by this but having done before and after POI tests I'm pleased to say there's been no change. It baffles me why manufacturers don't routinely look at removing mid ribs in order to change the shooting characteristics of their guns.

Many have resorted to making the barrel walls thinner to achieve a reduction :yell: :eek: , even Krieghoff have a solid rib on their latest Parcours Edition despite the fact that reducing weight off the barrels was one of their primary aims!! :huh: :mellow:
i believe they took the wieght out by thinning the barrel profiles and then adding the mid ribs to put back in the lost strength.

Nice Gun, is this the Kronos or Z-Sport?

Maybe i should consider geting rid of the mid-rib on my gun as vell :D
It's a Kronos, the Z is the new one I believe which should hopefully be half sorted anyway. The odd article I've seen since the re-launch of the make here haven't impressed the hell out of me though.

The price of £3800 is a tad over what the make can muster right now, £3100 would have made it much more saleable, they could have achieved this easily by making the weight system optional. The other mistake in my view is that the guns look too plain for that kind of money.

i believe they took the wieght out by thinning the barrel profiles and then adding the mid ribs to put back in the lost strength.
I don't doubt that Emmsy, but my first 2 guns were Laurona which lacked a mid rib and always impressed with their strength and looks. They're even chromed dontuknow and all for a few hundred quid back in the day. :) :)

I just can't see why Krieghoff couldn't have made the Parcours with ribless tubes like their other offerings?!

They wanted to have something a bit more traditional looking for the game croud and those who thought the ribless look was a bit radical.

I shot a 32" Zoli today on a pool shoot at WLSS. It was a trap gun, but seemed about right for a sporter to me, pretty similar in weight and shape to my MX12. If I could have made some small alterations to trigger size, recoil pad and trigger pulls ( all detail stuff) then I would say I could be very happy with it. Looked like a good ish Perazzi copy for half price. Good value really.

The Krieghoff Parcours is a copy of a Miroku MK38 Grade 5, but priced to satisfy the ego's of Krieghoff customers. Stock shape and contours copies of West Country Guns Krieghoff custom stocks, copied off a Miroku MK38 and sold very successfully by Haggis.

I bet you can't guess what gun I shoot???

Latest posts

Back