Where to try....?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you see a short woman with a very faded blue cap shooting a Kreighoff poorly with a tall grey bearded bloke with a green hat feel free to say hi.

If you see a short woman with a very faded blue cap shooting a Kreighoff poorly with a tall grey bearded bloke with a green hat feel free to say hi.
And if you see a beard bloke on his own trying to sell a 725 after missing everything give him a hug and tell him it will get better...😁

I went to Kingscote today, but didn't bump into any of you 😞

But I was adopted by a really nice bunch of guys from Caterham who scored for me and made me feel really welcome to be with them.  

I just shot the 725 (the sporter) and was so pleased to break the first pair with it.  Always a nervous moment, that first shot - especially with a small crowd of new friends watching.

Very pleased with the overall 55 /80.  Had a wobble on stand 7 where I only got two, but understand why I was missing the ones that got away, and so pleased I got the new gun.  Last time out with the Beretta there were some stands where it felt utterly pointless - just throwing lead in the air and hoping for contact; but with the Browning I have a connection that means I know if I do it right, the clay will break.  Hope this continues...

Tomorrow I plan to go to Bisley with the Trap gun and have a pay and play at DTL and OT.  Maybe even take the sporter and shoot some skeet.  Anyone likely to be there?

We were at Kingscote today. Group of 4 of us two blokes, two women. Got there about 9.50, paid and waiting to start on Stand 4 as soon as it struck 10. I did look out for a lone 725 shooter, but didn't see you. Didn't spot Donna either.

Was Stand 7 the low left to right orange crosser as the first bird? Was tricky to pick up against the varied background. I found picking it up visually while it was coming through the trees helped me on that one. Can't recall what the second bird was.

Did see a black lab...  ah well, next time.

Can't remember what stand 7 was, just looked the score card.  It might have been the rising pair.  

We got there late I’m afraid, about 12. Started really well then realised they were shutting stands down (I thought they were open til 2!) so we ended up rushing a bit as they were waiting for us to finish!  I think stand 7 was maybe the low crosser from left as first target? I struggled with seeing over the bush so moved in the stand to the left hand side and just attacked it, gave a fair bit of lead and hit last 2. Stand 1 was our last stand and rushed it as the car park was empty at this stage. Phil straightened it but I never hit any of the 2nd target at all.  But good targets as I would expect from the Peckhams and enjoyed it, even more so as it wasn’t too far from home!

We got there late I’m afraid, about 12. Started really well then realised they were shutting stands down (I thought they were open til 2!) so we ended up rushing a bit as they were waiting for us to finish!  I think stand 7 was maybe the low crosser from left as first target? I struggled with seeing over the bush so moved in the stand to the left hand side and just attacked it, gave a fair bit of lead and hit last 2. Stand 1 was our last stand and rushed it as the car park was empty at this stage. Phil straightened it but I never hit any of the 2nd target at all.  But good targets as I would expect from the Peckhams and enjoyed it, even more so as it wasn’t too far from home!
We shot Stands 1 and 3 last.  My worst two scores.  Hit the 1st pair on 1, altered my hold point and missed the first bird on the 2nd pair and then missed the third pair completely.  Deep breath and hit the last pair.  The second bird I saw as needing no lateral lead, but I had to be below it.  Stand 3 hit the first of the battue targets and then didn't touch it again, think I started to over lead it.  Finished on 67.

Enjoyed it as it was a lovely morning, but the constraints of the space they have means that there are a lot of teal, quartering or away type targets.

Latest posts

Back