World FITASC 2015

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi randy , i hope youre well and still smiling , this sounds really interesting we might have to come over and do this , instead of Dubai maybe !!!!!

one qeustion can i get steaks easily ????

steve

:crazy:  BA Fights + 4* hotel (2 pools spa, gym 2 resturaunts at £360 per person!  LHR- Budapest for a WEEK :nyam:  .

Congratulations on making the podium Randy. I have shot Caribou and I am certain that the targets will be great. But as you said, the good hotels are North of the club and North of yours. It did take me more than an hour to get to Caribou from the Hilton Garden. Airfare from Canada to Minneapolis is as expensive as flying into Europe for us. Meanwhile, I have been waiting for 6 months to get my Form 6 renewal because of Obama. I can get a Hungarian permit in 30 days. You can get a Canadian permit when you land. It is not your fault but, it is annoying! Steve, you can have steaks at your hotel as I remember seeing only two restaurants close to  Caribou Gun Club.

Henry

Hi Henry, accommodation done already, looks like about 30 min. away in Mankato.

The hotel manager is very very positive and helpful and looking forward to our visit, we are booked in for the full 2 weeks!!!

Hope they (BICTSF) have worked out some new GBR team kit by then for those who win new caps next year..or GBR team members who just want more kit...polo shirts etc.......because at the minute you ain't getting sh*t.

British Shooting ....has run off with the ownership of the Adidas GBR kit. It has taken the rifle, pistol and the ISSF clay shooting discipline teams only with it ...but kicked out the Fitasc discipline teams.

Ho hum...!

I cannot stand children who run off and take all their toys with them.

Ho hum...!

would it be worth writing a letter to Helen Grant, minister for sport?
I think the minister for sport will be getting several letters on various topic over the next few months.....

I am looking at flights etc for Caribou next year, can anyone recommend the best/easiest way to fly there as it looks like you definitely need to connect from somewhere?

:fie:  Yes, You need to fly from Cardiff to Heathrow before flying to America Taffy. :crazy:   :crazy:   :crazy:   

Sorry Rob.

Rob, you would want to fly into Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport.  The airport code is MSP.  From there, you would rent a car, and drive approximately one hour on major freeways to Le Sueur, MN to Caribou Gun Club.

Rob, Delta fly direct to Minneapolis from Heathrow and carry guns.

Air New Zealand to San Fran then Delta/United to Minneapolis (one each way) who have both said they will look after us, and were keen to hear details of the shoot. Not the normal response from some airlines that I have encountered in the past.

We arrive late after 1100PM on Sunday 12th ready for 2 weeks of fun and enjoyment!!

Rob, Delta fly direct to Minneapolis from Heathrow and carry guns.
Thanks for the tip, I have looked on line, £1065 cattle class, £2166 bus class flight only, looks like an expensive couple of weeks!

:fie:  I told you so!     European nr Budapest BA flights and 4 star hotel  £360.00 pp for a week! beat that? :crazy:  

Rob, and others, I can't guarantee it'll work every time, but if you're looking for tickets from the UK to the US (or anywhere else long haul for that matter) in premium cabins, and have some time when you travel, have a look at booking from mainland Europe, e.g. Frankfurt, Amsterdam, Lisbon, to London to Minneapolis.
You can often get much lower prices on American or BA; Delta sometimes. You have to start in Europe, so you need to get yourself to Frankfurt or Amsterdam, then come back to London. On the return you can build in a stopover in London and ignore the last leg. My last ticket to South America via New York on American, starting in Amsterdam, cost me £2000 when business class from the UK, on the same flights was £3700, and I've managed to pick up a return to Capetown on BA in business later this year for £1400.
Structure it right and you might be able to check-in the guns in London. Similar price advantages often exist for flying from the UK via somewhere else, e.g. on Lufthansa via Frankfurt, KLM via Amsterdam, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very tempted to shoot the Worlds this year, its likely to be an expensive trip but well worth it I'd imagine. Have people started booking hotels and flights yet? Are you staying near Le Sueur or closer to Minneapolis and traveling each day?

Latest posts

Back