World FITASC 2015

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well that is all about to change, from next year you will need to be a member of BICTSF in order to shoot GB Selection shoots and therefore represent Team GB and you will no longer need to be a member of the CPSA when entering the Euro's or Worlds, don't have details yet but will post them when I hear.

In 2004-2005 when I was Chairman of the FITASC committee at a meeting of the BICTSF I suggested that the BICTSF went independant of the CPSA and do there own thing!   "It ain't going to happen "  was the outcry, Boakes choked on his coffee and from then on I was a villain.

I have put your post in a folder so that if and when it happens I will either give you credit for it or rip into you as a numptie only time will tell?

Another useless bit of info from when I was Chairman is that a businssman offered £10,000 to be used for fitasc shoots, as prizes and expences toward fitasc teams going to the Euro/World C/ships and promoting Fitasc Sporting.

I was told in no uncertain terms that any moneies had to be paid into the BICTSF coffers and shared out between the disciplines? guess what the answer was from the sponsor? "Tell Boakes and the rest of them to go F**k themselves! and that was the end of the matter.

Well that is all about to change, from next year you will need to be a member of BICTSF in order to shoot GB Selection shoots and therefore represent Team GB and you will no longer need to be a member of the CPSA when entering the Euro's or Worlds, don't have details yet but will post them when I hear.
Please let this happen as I have no wish in Spending another £65 for crap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys.....there has been a series of crossed wire on the info given around. There is no way that the BICTSF board will vote that you only have to be a member of them and not your home association....because when this was muted when i was on the board....all hell broke loose....with the NGB's thinking that they would lose their competition members and be left with just clubman.

The idea of a membership of BICTSF and a card etc was one that I and Crofty pushed for. They kept moving the goal posts each time it came up. They said it would only happen if there was a nominal fee paid....but that each person had to be a member of a home NGB.

Hope that helps.

Superb!!! Now it will cost even more to shoot GB fitasc shoots...so what's the incentive to make the team?

P.s. When we changed BICTSF to a limited company (again when i was on there....(not as a Chairman of a sub-committee) but as a director) we made provision in the new articles for a membership to be created at a future date.

Unlike lots of guesses on this topic...................I still have all the board paperwork and minutes on the subject.....so trust me....I am right :)

However.....like others......I would prefer a stand alone membership of BICTSF.......but it just ain't going to happen...!

:crazy:    Correct   Nicola, it ain't gorna happen! :spiteful:   

CPSA rules  O.K.

Last edited by a moderator:
This point was raised at the bictsf agm at doveridge and the big fear was that there would not be enough members to get a good deal on insurance to make a split from the cpsa.There was talk about having to pay for membership to bictsf but no price could be given(which caused a bit of a stir).

:crazy:    Correct   Nicola, it ain't gorna happen! :spiteful:   

CPSA rules  O.K.
Guru ...are you being very stupid ...or just provacative....

CPSA does not rule on that board (apart from when i was the CPSA director on there :wink: ).....it is a board of 20+ people ...if you can get them to all turn up at the same time....Majority wins any vote. 

Full stop.....!

Now i will have to leave you to play nicely as i am very busy.....behave or i will send for Nursey...!!

The BICTSF is going to be tied to the CPSA ass for the forseeable future! end of story!

Meanwhile the topic was about shooting the World FITASC Sporting in the US! Not for me as there are few hotels in the area and it is a drive from a major city. I will shoot the Euro in Hungary! It is cheaper and much more fun to be in Budapest! Besides eating better and cheaper!

Henry

Yes Henry you are correct!  when the world fitasc is held in the USA its very expensive with the travel, hotels,entry fees, car hire etc.,  Hungary would be at least half the cost? 

Caribou Gun Club is located in Le Sueur, Minnesota - a small town slightly to the southwest of Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota.

The shooting grounds at Caribou are fantastic - a river runs through the property, it has lots of terrain, woods, open meadows - pretty much everything a target setter would dream of when one goes about setting targets for a World FITASC.  And, Caribou has tons of experience with hosting large events, including many Regional and National FITASC events, and the very successful US Open.

To answer some of the comments made earlier in this thread:

The Minneapolis St Paul International airport is approximately a one hour drive from Caribou.  With nearly 1,500 flights per day, there are hundreds of options to fly into this airport.  There are dozens of direct flights from many European and South American locations into MSP.  Once you arrive at the airport, there are many different options to choose from for rental cars.  Once you arrive, you will find the road system to be fantastic, and there are interstate highways that run within five miles of Caribou.  So, it is really very, very easy to drive to the shooting grounds.

There are literally thousands of hotel rooms within 45 minutes drive of Caribou.  Many shooters stay in the city of Mankato, which is approximately thirty minutes to the southwest from the shooting grounds.

Personally, I would be inclined to drive thirty to forty five minutes northerly (back towards the suburbs of Minneapolis) and stay in hotels in that area.  There are hotels of every price point - from economy to absolute luxury five star hotels.  And, with hundreds of restaurants in that area, there is simply no shortage of great options for dining.

The assertion that it is too expensive in the area to compete in the 2015 World FITASC is total rubbish.

I have absolutely no direct connection to Caribou Gun Club (I am involved with the Minnesota Horse and Hunt Club, which hosted the 2006 World FITASC, so I do have some relevant experience) but I simply couldn't let the negative comments made on this board go without correcting them.

Sorry if I sound a little annoyed, but I find some folks have a tendency to negatively slam everything, and everybody.  I know that Randy Voss and the Caribou Gun Club will put out every possible effort to make the 2015 World FITASC a great event. 

I look forward to the 2015 World FITASC, and look forward to seeing you there.

Randy T

The Minnesota Horse and Hunt Club

Randy

Well done on making the podium in Portugal. how's the clubhouse coming on?

if the pound stays strong against the dollar around 2:1 no need for GB visitors to complain about prices once there.

believe for 2016 it's Umbria in Italy hosting world's.

Best wishes

Leigh

Randy

Well done on making the podium in Portugal. how's the clubhouse coming on?

if the pound stays strong against the dollar around 2:1 no need for GB visitors to complain about prices once there.

believe for 2016 it's Umbria in Italy hosting world's.

Best wishes

Leigh

Randy - thanks for your expert views. Good to hear from you - and I hope you are well.

A few of us are thinking about making the trip for this... will be in touch,. 

Matt

n76rl.jpg

Thanks, Leigh and Matt.  It is always fun to make the podium - more importantly, I really enjoyed the shoot.  Great people, always fun to meet with friends from all around the world.

As for the new clubhouse - we are making really good progress, and still are aiming for completion by the end of August.

We have a photo gallery on our website (www.horseandhunt.com) if you would like to see the "before and after" photos.

Best wishes,

Randy T

Latest posts

Back