Whitewater Shooting Ground, Blyth, Notts

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhilS

Just thought I would mention a new ground that I went to today (newly opened rather than just new to me).

Whitewater Shooting has been open for a couple of months now and a friend of mine texted me this morning to tell me about it.

With the ground being only 20 mins from me I chucked the gun in the car and went for a look.  

The clubhouse is large and clean with very friendly faces behind the counter.  They do bacon and sausage sarnies plus other goodies as you might expect.  The ground does Sporting, Compak (they call it Pro sport - 30 bird layout over 5 stands), DTL and Skeet (2 layouts).

I only had a quick go on the Compak as the wind was absolutely howling and brought a bit of rain with it, but the targets were testing.  Based on this I would expect the same from the Sporting layout.

The owner, Mark, is very friendly and welcoming and just wants to build a ground with something for everyone.  If you are in the area it is well worth a visit.  The ground is just off the A1 at Blyth (Notts).  It is still undergoing a little bit of shaping etc but do not let that put you off.

I wish him and his team all the best.

www.whitewatershooting.com

Last edited by a moderator:
A group of us, from Lincs, went to Whitewater today and we reckon it is well worth a visit but remember it is in it's early days having only been open for three months.

There is, at the moment a 50 bird Sporting layout off five stands, skeet, DTL and a version of 5 stand we hadn't come across before called Pro Sport. This a 30 bird shoot off 5 stands and 5 traps with 3 report pairs per cage.

All the sporting birds were testing but fair with nothing silly.

Give it a try, it's off the southern end of the Doncaster bit of the A1M at Blyth.

Vic.

I visited Whitewater ground today along with some shooting friends from Sheffield. Now I have to say any new ground is good news but I had my doubts about a sporting ground on flat fields so these were my findings.

The ground is 1 minute from the A1 at the Blyth turn off and very easy to see from the motorway. A lane runs directly from the A1 roundabout into the ground, so far so good.

A good sized clubhouse is located next to the car park with clean toilets inside the clubhouse for both gents and ladies which will please my wife. A sound and filling breakfast awaits anyone who fancies hot food and very friendy staff.

The site has walk ways to all stands and layouts and although not finished as yet, very well laid out and by next summer these will be extended to satify anyone who would like to walk around the site in white silk trousers  :nyam:

We shot skeet, DTL and sporting today with good birds, well presented. Sporting on a flat field does not sound interesting particularly as I had a week down at John Bidwell's High Lodge where you are shooting in woods making bird presentation very interesting BUT I have to say while all the birds come from ground level and all quite killable, a few really made you think and caught a few of us out. Quite testing at times but nevertheless enjoyable.

A warm welcome awaits any of you who visits Whitewater from the owner, Mark and his team.

I enjoyed the day and will be back for some more, I wish mark all the success his efforts deserve.

Phil

Latest posts

Back