White gold xlr

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonky70

Well guys I shot a 100 white gold xlr today and found them really smooth and very nice I'm really impressed with gamebore products I used blue diamonds before and found them good to but the white golds was a lot easier on the shoulder and still left my gun easy to clean unlike other products I've tried so I recommend these a lot

Iv been shooting with white gold originals for a while now and i can safely say i would never change , the kills you get with them are amazing there is hardly anything left when your right on the money . Im paying 202 a thousand which compared to some other top end shells isen't to bad , carl

I've been shooting the 24gram XLR for the last few months. Haven't shot a better value cartridge.

Same here, I'm using White Gold XLR 28g 8's and they kill well when I put the pattern in the right place.

I was using Blue Diamonds but switched to the XLR's and am happy with them.

I only use Gamebore now, they perform well and are very clean, I can put thousands through my auto without significant carbon buildup.

Jon.

So White Gold XLR's have been discontinued....... has anyone tried the new Gamebore Evo Sporting ? How do they compare??

I've been shooting the 24gram XLR for the last few months. Haven't shot a better value cartridge.
You should try the Clever Mirage Supertargets at £158 per K, smooth and consistent,cleanest shell I have seen In my life.

Shot 50 through bottom barrel recently during a coaching lesson and you would not need to clean it, had to look twice as it was same as top barrel.

Chiefy

Hi,

Yes, I have tried the Evo's and am really impressed with them, they still have all the quality of the White Gold XLR's but the Evo's are a little softer on the shoulder. I have heard similar feedback from others.

I only bought a couple of slabs to try them out but will switch to them full time when I run out of White Gold XLR's which will be a good while ;)

Jon.

You should try the Clever Mirage Supertargets at £158 per K, smooth and consistent,cleanest shell I have seen In my life.

Shot 50 through bottom barrel recently during a coaching lesson and you would not need to clean it, had to look twice as it was same as top barrel.

Chiefy
I'll keep an eye open for them - thanks

Hi everyone,

Shot the 24gms XLR at Barby Sporting and was immediately impressed. Since I was given these to have a go, I was hoping somebody can let me know where I can buy some from in the Midlands, I live in Nuneaton, just outside of Coventry.

Many Thanks

Steve

Hi everyone,

Shot the 24gms XLR at Barby Sporting and was immediately impressed. Since I was given these to have a go, I was hoping somebody can let me know where I can buy some from in the Midlands, I live in Nuneaton, just outside of Coventry.

Many Thanks

Steve
They're not making them any more, replaced by Evo

They're not making them any more, replaced by Evo
Have youshot the EVO yet? Anybody shot these cartridges? I liked the XLR because they were a 'snappy' cartridge. The Blue Diamonds I shot were a bit more thumpy I thought.

Have youshot the EVO yet? Anybody shot these cartridges? I liked the XLR because they were a 'snappy' cartridge. The Blue Diamonds I shot were a bit more thumpy I thought.
I've shot Evo, didn't notice much unusual about them either way :p

I never feel any recoil in my shoulder, I'm more likely to notice it in my head. "Punchy" cartridges give me a headache but that's all.

There aren't any that do that now, because new Black Golds and Kent Velocity don't kick like they used to :)

I never feel any recoil in my shoulder, I'm more likely to notice it in my head. "Punchy" cartridges give me a headache but that's all.
Exactomundo same for me :mellow: , have to be very careful not shooting silly stuff and not more than 200 in a day if poss.

I tried a box of Evo's, generousity of Jon who was down my way a few weeks ago :) . Managed a 93 mid week practice with 3 boxes of English Sporters and then the Evo. Definite low recoil compared to most other shells out there, fantastic breaks, love the fact they were true English 8's and by all accounts not rip off prices either.

I had my Brother & Father down at the weekend. We went through Fiocchi F-Blu 24 & 28gm 7.5, Blue Diamond 28gm 7.5 and White Gold XLR 24Gm 8's. Everybody liked the White Golds the best. Since we aren't Professional Clay shots, the breaks we were getting at distance with the White golds were as good as Blue Diamonds & Fblu. F-Blu 24gms were a close 2nd, in our humble opinion for breaks and comfort. We went through 650 all told. Now if the Evo S shoot the same I want a slab of those if I can. Anywhere in the midlands doing good deals on the Evo S?

Cheers everyone.

Latest posts

Back