Which Beretta for Sporting

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fortis Mark

A little advice needed please.

I've entered the Beretta World, and I don't own a Beretta.

I am looking to buy one but know nothing about which models would be best suited to 'sporting' apart from multi chokes and 30" barrels . I'm not looking to spend a fortune, it wont be my main gun.

682 and 686 have been suggested - can anyone offer any pointers

Thanks

Anything with Beretta on it, preferrably a Sporter, any spec. you like....................

But you will shoot best with the one that fits you best regardless of model.  Try before you buy, or better still, borrow one for the day and save yourself heaps of cash. There's a few of them about out there.    :biggrin:

PS I tried that. Shot like a one armed blind man and sold the gun the week after in the car park of Coleys.
Enjoyed the shoot though.

+2 on the gold best gun beretta ever made imo

Thanks for the reply's. I will of course make sure it fits first and foremost.

I'm thinking 30" as there is a slim chance I may get Mrs Fortis out shooting. (My gun is 32")

Not knowing the models I would rather spend money on 'sporting' biased models and avoid the field guns. I presume the Silver Pigeons I see are field based ?

682 gold or even a 686 there is no other option imo. 686 is basically a 682 but without the adj trigger and less action bling.

You welcome to try mine if your ever at SW2000 and see me about  :)

If you currently are using a Miroku or Browning the swap to a 680 type or DT may take a bit of getting used to.

Get a 303 or 390 auto. They are cheap reliable and Will hit anything an SO can. Plus with the 390 you can adjust the fit easily with shims.

Last edited by a moderator:
A little advice needed please.

I've entered the Beretta World, and I don't own a Beretta.

I am looking to buy one but know nothing about which models would be best suited to 'sporting' apart from multi chokes and 30" barrels . I'm not looking to spend a fortune, it wont be my main gun.

682 and 686 have been suggested - can anyone offer any pointers

Thanks
Next time you see me at Longridge you are more than welcome to have a use of mine, (32 inch) after you've finished the reg of course!

Back