Whats your favourite single malt

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aberlour or Dalwhinnie if I have to drink the stuff!
Thank F some of you imposters can actually spell the name of the distillery properly! :)     And for F's sake BUSHMILLS is not whisky its some rot gut made in F'n Ireland ! For me try some Mortlach 18 year old. I very slowly drank a bottle of that and even gave some to my friends absolute nectar from the gods.

A 1972 single cask, single malt from a private collection, now down to the last half bottle :frown: :frown:

A 1972 single cask, single malt from a private collection, now down to the last half bottle :frown: :frown:
Not being picky... but I am .. but the year the whisky was put cask is only relevant if we know the year it was put in the bottle .

I don't drink but judging by the replies and the fact your all better shots than me i might have to start :)

1/2 a shandy ????

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't drink but judgingby the replies and the fact your all better shots than me i might have to start :)

1/2 a shandy ????

There are a few on here after a few drops of the hard stuff turn into the best shots in the world :lol:

Get a life.
That's not very nice! You are stating its a 1972 cask single malt... if the whisky was bottled in 1976 its a three year old ... nothing too remarkable about that...on the other hand if its bottled in 1997 there could be a very remarkable difference. What I am saying for the hard of thinking is the year in which the whisky was put in the cask tells us nothing at all about that whisky.

Thank F some of you imposters can actually spell the name of the distillery properly! :)     And for F's sake BUSHMILLS is not whisky its some rot gut made in F'n Ireland ! For me try some Mortlach 18 year old. I very slowly drank a bottle of that and even gave some to my friends absolute nectar from the gods.
I was given some 30 year old Bushmills once, seemed OK (although I was noticeably long of Guinness at the time!)

There are a few on here after a few drops of the hard stuff turn into the best shots in the world :lol:
Nearly everybody at our club has what the call a duck before they shoot. It is a full sized sugar lump soaked with Armagnac just enough to loosen your mind so they say... I never take one I am bad enough with out alcohol :)   I shot a comp on Sunday the smell of alcohol on the stand after lunch was like being in a boozer :lol:

Nearly everybody at our club has what the call a duck before they shoot. It is a full sized sugar lump soaked with Armagnac just enough to loosen your mind so they say... I never take one I am bad enough with out alcohol :)  

:lol: at least you know about yourself

That's not very nice! You are stating its a 1972 cask single malt... if the whisky was bottled in 1976 its a three year old ... nothing too remarkable about that...on the other hand if its bottled in 1997 there could be a very remarkable difference. What I am saying for the hard of thinking is the year in which the whisky was put in the cask tells us nothing at all about that whisky.
As I said earlier, Get a life.

ok, what's your favourite blended.....

mine is "high commissioner" cheap but a cheeky little number.

When Wynno had more abundant supplies of his whisky a lot of years ago I was foolish enough only to buy a couple of bottles from him. I ought to have had my bumps felt - it was the best whisky I have ever had, before or since, I should have bought two dozen!

Now I have to make do with Glenlivet or Macallan. Both poor substitutes but we struggle on.

Latest posts

Back