Whats your favourite Pilla lens colour and why?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My take is I like them therefore I have them and I have 6 lenses all of which I use at some point and I will probably be getting a 7th lens.  I like that I have a clear field of vision without interference and that they do make the clays "pop".  I do have problems in certain lights with certain colour clays and certain backgrounds and they have made a difference to me so I am happy to be called stupid, more money than sense or whatever else as it is my decision alone and yes occasionally you will see me out with a pair of clear lens oakleys which I like to use as well.  At the end of the day we all purchase things for whatever reason is good for us.  I see lots of very expensive guns in the hands of people who clearly cannot shoot well but hey their choice and I respect that.
You are right Sian if you want them buy them and wear them it is what you want and I suspect it is probably another mind settler. It is funny though how people differ. The person I refer to in the post above wears fairly inexpensive sunnys shoots a B25 he bought years ago and had re- worked, shoots Berzinan cartridges at €200 per thousand and yet he shoots at a level that most other trap shooters want to be at... myself just a dream. So you do get the flash and the plain ordinary type of shooter

You are right Sian if you want them buy them and wear them it is what you want and I suspect it is probably another mind settler. It is funny though how people differ. The person I refer to in the post above wears fairly inexpensive sunnys shoots a B25 he bought years ago and had re- worked, shoots Berzinan cartridges at €200 per thousand and yet he shoots at a level that most other trap shooters want to be at... myself just a dream. So you do get the flash and the plain ordinary type of shooter
Actually it's most definitely not a mind settler as I have a form of colour blindness.

Actually it's most definitely not a mind settler as I have a form of colour blindness.
Sorry to hear that. So more a case of trying to solve issues. I have a form of colour blindness as well when I am meant to be shooting the orange bit I shoot at the blue bit :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
At the end of the day we all purchase things for whatever reason is good for us.  I see lots of very expensive guns in the hands of people who clearly cannot shoot well but hey their choice and I respect that.
Cheeky.  I can't help it if I'm sh*te.  :wink:

Cheeky.  I can't help it if I'm sh*te.  :wink:
. ? 

I am am editing because the question mark that is there in my response was typed as the short version of laugh out loud which showed when I responded and showed for a long time but has now changed to a question mark?  Why?

Over last 10 years+ I've tried and still have a multitude of Oakleys, Ziess prescription products and now have now added a pair of Pillas, the Pillas are, through my eyes a marked improvement on what I can see, everyone though has different experiences, am of the opinion that there's no one single product that will satisfy us all. 

Oops forgot to add, having worn a few I settled on the 44N, worn it in various light ranges, happy bunny 

sorry to hijack thread but....

what's a used set of pilla panther no post with four lens's worth (unmarked as new condition) ?

sorry to hijack thread but....

what's a used set of pilla panther no post with four lens's worth (unmarked as new condition) ?
Don't know really somebody has been selling off lenses on ebay for 25-35 so i'd guess 150/200 depends on lense colours....they all seem to be shades of orange/brown?

cheers yes I was thinking £200 ish. Thing is as much as I like the pills (clarity is by far the best I have tried) I got fed up with having to choose a lens and have opted for clear tactical type glasses recently. I am a simple man, I don't like adjustable things and I can do without choices. So, they may as well go towards the cost of a driven day next season.

may bung em on shoot at thing ?

I have a couple of lenses that i really like, all of which are dark to some degree as i'm rather light sensitive. There was some interesting claims on another thread about lenses and light transmission...

My favourites are the 10ED for full sun, the 22N and 44N for general shooting conditions and the old Max Orange 80 for low light.

We've recently had the new 55Peach lens which certainly has a positive effect on orange targets, but for me it is too bright. However, of the 15 lenses we had in last week, we have only 2 left now so seems very popular!

Shootclayers do get a discount from us remember ;)

I think perhaps my favourite ever lens is the Randolph CMT, especially for shooting orange targets - i'm currently working on how to make this in prescription but its proving challenging to say the least!

Ed

Shootclayers do get a discount from us remember ;)

Ed
Make sure that's added to my bill please, @EdLyons ? Should it have counted for the consultation part as well? ?

I've used Pillas for a year which are fantastic but I'm awaiting some prescription RE Rangers for Ed. The only reason for the change was the shooting consultation with Ed. When I get them I'm expecting it to be like going from a 720p TV to a UHD 4K ?

Back