What do you think you see

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have known some odd scorers over the years, yes some very odd ones partictlarily those half blind ones who didnt see that little chip. Yes very odd.

I think a lot of people here are confusing what they do and what they see, with what they are distinctly looking at. Just goes to show that we look subconsciously I suppose. I am a fairly analytical person, many are not, so I feel more certain of where I am staring. Could be wrong..
Yes so can I suggest that you read 'the quiet eye' because it scientific proves what you see and what the brain registers. And actually it has been shown that in elite athletes of any sport looked at.....the are able to scan for relevant points in a landscape ignoring the rest. And that The elite athlete holds their fixed gaze longer than a non-elite athlete .....even if they are on the same team. Then different again for the beginner.

It is all there if you read it. Plenty of case histories fir you ponder or argue against. Proof is in the pudding....Simples.

when I'm shooting well, I am not consciously aware of what I've seen until a micro second after the shot has left the barrel, then I see or recall what my subconscious just did. Of course this scenario is rare these days and I measure too many targets if given enough time. Fast trap or short window shooting can still bring it on though.

Can I just say.....very politely of course.....that everyone sees the barrel whether they register it or not. You have your face pressed on the comb....and when you look out ......it is that big black lump of metal that goes out in front of you.

What you train your brain to do with that info and how it helps you is entirely up to you.

The only ones who do not actually seen their barrels in their vision or peripheral vision.....are blind shooters......or people with their head sooooooo far of the stock that it does not matter.

The secret people is not to be scared of information going to your brain.....it is to know what information to use and how to use it.

.......true story.........just saying....!!

Just like any other stick and ball game.  Eyes on the ball and swiiiiiiiing the stick.

You can't hit a ball looking at the stick and you can't catch the ball looking at your hands.

Luuuuke ............  be the gun

HTH

What do you think you see - Well I tend to see small pieces come off the clay sometimes but the referee does not.  :haha:  

Yes so can I suggest that you read 'the quiet eye' because it scientific proves what you see and what the brain registers. And actually it has been shown that in elite athletes of any sport looked at.....the are able to scan for relevant points in a landscape ignoring the rest. And that The elite athlete holds their fixed gaze longer than a non-elite athlete .....even if they are on the same team. Then different again for the beginner.

It is all there if you read it. Plenty of case histories fir you ponder or argue against. Proof is in the pudding....Simples.
Nic,

do you have vickers's book? can i borrow it to read?

s

I have the Quiet Eye book at home, ready to read - its a heavyweight tome, so I'm waiting for a good time to get into it. 

Nic,

do you have vickers's book? can i borrow it to read?

s
Newbie it is always in use as a reference.....can I suggest you look on Amazon for a cheap copy....that it what I did and got a 2nd hand one (obviously someone did not get through it all - it is a heavy read.......and certainly not Jilly Cooper....!!

Newbie it is always in use as a reference.....can I suggest you look on Amazon for a cheap copy....that it what I did and got a 2nd hand one (obviously someone did not get through it all - it is a heavy read.......and certainly not Jilly Cooper....!!
just bought it. i've read several pdf extracts but doesnt appear specific to shooting.

just bought it. i've read several pdf extracts but doesnt appear specific to shooting.
It is nothing specific to clay shooting....it is about how to use your eyes in sport (what ever sport you do). .....and what you see and why......and how to control what you see and why etc etc

Back