What cartridges

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam McNally

Have been shooting express English sporting 27g 7 1/2 fibers and want to try something else but nothing to expensive any ideas please

Plastic or Fibre? 

Edit: 

Actually no matter. Look at Eley Firsts/Gamebore Kent Velocity/Hull Superspeed. All less than £170 per thousand and all pretty good. 

Last edited by a moderator:
So much of this depends on the reality of what you can find locally, or at grounds at which you shoot. You then choose the most appropriate shells from what's on offer..

dunno where you are,,, but Haywards guns have 28g 7.5 fibre for 155 a 1000.  they break any target,  depending on the user's ability.

not seen any cheaper that that, ,,

Power Blues are a definite option. Gamebore Evos are pretty nice, but don't pattern that evenly.. (Bit disappointed) but shoot nicely enough.

A mate gave me a few RC4's to try. Apparently £260 or so? Bloody horrible, like shooting artillery shells, even through an ISIS!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not had any problems as of yet and for a sub £200 shell i rate them as the best i have ever used and that includes some very expensive brands also in black!!! Balls of dust even at range and pretty quick which installs bags of confidence. give them a try you won't be disappointed and the fact that my local ground is struggling to keep enough in supply to meet demand is proof of the pudding.

I had thought about trying the Fiochi's, by what I had read on here, they would only go off if they were on target and my gun would never again need cleaning. Have recently read of several people from various parts of the Country having issues with misfires. Now either there is a problem, or the wet weather has caused a mass firing pin shrinkage. For the time being I will stick with the Superfast, which are working well enough for the small group that I shoot with. When you arrive at my age and ability the last thing you need is a misfire, you have to consider that you may not be around long enough to do the 'pair again'!

Latest posts

Back