Weekend Competition - Guess the Ground!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right - inspired by our little bit of fun last weekend, I'm kicking off another weekend competition - very simple, all you have to do is guess the grounds from some pictures.  Simple... right? 

There are three pictures, all taken by me all taken in the last few years - the theme is 'green'. Send your answers by PM - otherwise the first person that gets them all right, will just get copied  -all the correct entries will get put in a magic cup, and I'll draw a winner out. 

Please don't post the answers in the thread, otherwise you'll reduce your chances of winning to zero, because i'll ignore it. 

One entry per person please... my decision is final, blah blah blah. 

Ground Number 1 - fantastic ground, decent targets, handsome scissor lift  :???:  :

Ground Number 2 - possibly my favourite view at any ground I have been to:

Ground Number 3 - one of my favourite grounds, I love this view of an area that usually kills my scorecard!

Right - 

1. IPS's idea of a sporting shoot, well we all drive Range Rovers  :cool:

2. Balltraps back garden, where else do the lamb shanks come from...?

3. The wild wild West...!

i was going to do it later this evening....but now is as good as any...

I had four entries! (note to self... I will make it easier next time) - well done everyone that had a go. 

So - the answers:

1. Barrow Heath
  2. St Dials
  3. Westfield
And I drew @Sian out of the magic cup of destiny.... so I have a hat and badge to go in the post for her. 

Congrats Sian..?....Well done everyone, well the other 3!

Thank you Matt for posting the results earlier than planned. It looks like there are a few grounds I will need to visit as they look beautiful to shoot.

Looking forward to the next competition, mind you I probably would have no idea where they are !

Congrats Sian..?....Well done everyone, well the other 3!

Thank you Matt for posting the results earlier than planned. It looks like there are a few grounds I will need to visit as they look beautiful to shoot.

Looking forward to the next competition, mind you I probably would have no idea where they are !
The competitions are on here?

general opinions...

too hard?

too easy?

prize not worth me typing a message?

don't bother matt we only want to shoot?

Not hard or easy for me as I have only shot in 3 shooting grounds in Kent, Sporting targets in Riseley and High lodge, Suffolk....I think? (I don't get out much!!)

Thats why I have no idea, but love to see pics at the other grounds that are available and the banter is great fun, so please don't stop you do an astounding job. Keep up the good work ?

PS. Hat and badge sounds good to me as a prize..

Last edited by a moderator:
i was going to do it later this evening....but now is as good as any...

I had four entries! (note to self... I will make it easier next time) - well done everyone that had a go. 

So - the answers:

1. Barrow Heath
  2. St Dials
  3. Westfield
And I drew @Sian out of the magic cup of destiny.... so I have a hat and badge to go in the post for her. 
never been to any of them

Back