Want to take the next step

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

limmy01

Good Day all, 

Would love some advice on taking the next step from being a clay shooter once every two weeks with a bunch of friends at the same ground to going around the midlands having a go at some competitions at a novice level... The club we use does not do any comps its just a turn up shoot some traps have a bacon butty and go home happy.

I would like to get out more and do some beginner comps, i would also like to book in with a coach to see where i can improve, what steps do i take to move in the right direction?

Kind rgds Jamie 

Join the CPSA, do a search of registered shoots in your area and get stuck in. It's really that simple and if you approach a small group of people and ask whether they'd mind you tagging along the chances are you'll find friends for life. 

If you're looking for a coach in the midlands I can thoroughly recommend Ed Solomons.

Exactly what Hamster said 👌🏻

Just get out there and get involved mate, I have done it recently! It’s nothing scary at all full of friendly people and helpful advice. You will see targets you’re not used to but that only helps with you’re progression. I got my sgc in December followed very shortly by cpsa full membership and had shot my first registered by the end of January, signed up for the cpsa premier league and have been shooting in that regularly, shot the Essex masters last week and am shooting the British open at highlodge in August. 

Just do it......and more importantly just have fun whilst doing it 

Exactly what Hamster said 👌🏻

Just get out there and get involved mate, I have done it recently! It’s nothing scary at all full of friendly people and helpful advice. You will see targets you’re not used to but that only helps with you’re progression. I got my sgc in December followed very shortly by cpsa full membership and had shot my first registered by the end of January, signed up for the cpsa premier league and have been shooting in that regularly, shot the Essex masters last week and am shooting the British open at highlodge in August. 

Just do it......and more importantly just have fun whilst doing it 
cheers all, will be signing up to the cpsa this week, my nearest ground is kegworth so will get my classification done there and then start venturing out a bit. Really like the sound of cpsa premier league so will look into that.. 

Cheers again Jamie 

Good Day all, 

Would love some advice on taking the next step from being a clay shooter once every two weeks with a bunch of friends at the same ground to going around the midlands having a go at some competitions at a novice level... The club we use does not do any comps its just a turn up shoot some traps have a bacon butty and go home happy.

I would like to get out more and do some beginner comps, i would also like to book in with a coach to see where i can improve, what steps do i take to move in the right direction?

Kind rgds Jamie 
Hi Jamie, I’m also in the West Midlands and I also would like to take my shooting forward, I shoot at the holly bush and the farm Clayground in alternate Sundays, as you say turn up and blast away go home! It’s great otters , I’ve also joined the CPSA, please let me know how you are progressing, I would to take the next step and enter a new shooters comp’ I’m not very good at it! . but I managed a PB of 22 out of 50 last Sunday! Cheers John.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Jamie, I’m also in the West Midlands and I also would like to take my shooting forward, I shoot at the holly bush and the farm Clayground in alternate Sundays, as you say turn up and blast away go home! It’s great otters , I’ve also joined the CPSA, please let me know how you are progressing, I would to take the next step and enter a new shooters comp’ I’m not very good at it! . but I managed a PB of 22 out of 50 last Sunday! Cheers John.
 John,

Cheers for the reply, have you done your classification yet with a cpsa shoot? If not and fancy meeting up we could pop our cherries together..

Let me know Jamie 

Hi again Jamie, sorry for the delay in answering, I don't come here very often! just wondering how you are getting on with the competition side of things, I've only been out shooting once since the last time I was on here! where is the nearest CPSA shooting ground to you? I definitely would be interested I'm in between Wolverhampton and Stourbridge a little place call Dudley you may have heard of it!! ., I must look and see if these a CPSA shooting ground near me! best regards, John.

You can use the fixtures filter on the CPSA website, play with the filters for fixtures

Capture.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back