UK Visitors permit

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zippy

Do you any of know what the situation is requiring a visitors permit to bring a shotgun into the UK for shooting?

Obviously  I have my European firearms license and had a quick look on UK government website etc regarding visiting 

shooters, my question is as a UK citizen, allbeit living in Europe, still having my place in Uk , with shotgun cabinet still fixed in place,

as I was cert. holder when I left Uk, do I need to be 'invited' to shoot back in the country of my birth where my house still is ?

Any help, appreciated.  

my circumstances are different but to shoot in the UK as I do regularly I have to get a BVP every year.

There is a link on the CPSA website that list all the possibilities and they will "sponsor" you, don't

think you have to be a member (I am so never looked) but you pay a relatively small admin fee.You do it online and it is easy

You do not need to be invited if you go that route and it resolves the sponsor issue if you haven't got an available family member.

You have to say where you will be visiting so your UK address would be perfect.

They warn police take up to six weeks at busy times, mine was a month this year (but less than a week last) could be the "world sporting".

Keith

Hi, Here's the link to apply for a VSP, which we will sponsor. https://www.cpsa.co.uk/vsp

If you are a member of another recognised clay shooting association then you do not need to join the CPSA, if you are not then you need to join as at least a clubman member. Please note though that if you have a UK residential address but live overseas the police will not issue a VSP, you would need to apply for a Shotgun Certificate.

Hope that helps. Please contact us on 01483 485400 for any further information.

Thanks
Stuart Oldman

Hi,

you said yourself that you used to have a cert, if you now don´t have one then you do need to have an invitation.

Thank you very much for the replies and to SO1956 for the link, I did check the Met. website and it seems that it all goes through one central office now.

I do have my place in UK, with cabinet still bolted to the wall and family living there, so that should not be a problem regarding a sponsor and location of the shotgun while in the UK and I'm a FITAV member here, so that's fine.

Cheers,

M

Back