U/T Selection shoot Beverly

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yip Charlie you could have the choice of shooting a worlds UT or nipping down to Barcelona to watch the goat Valentino Rossi duking it out with Jorge Lorenzo , Marc Marquez etal. at Montello ... did I tell you these bike are pulling the thick end of 215 mph down that main straight and the lean angles ... is that really possible???............. YEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! you bet its Gonna be a beezer this year at Barca!

sorry I should be more restrained ... but if the hair on the back of your neck does not stand up when one of these 1000c monsters rip's past at way over TWO HUNDRED MILES OER HOUR  there has got to summat wrong!

Still would have liked to do the UT at Ychoux but as said it would be wrong to duck out of what we had planned.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am shooting at Mirande also known as Association de Tir de l'Astarac Mirande a great club with FU and FO. It has had some top notch shooters in its time including an FU world champion and a third place in the FU worlds. Most of the really good shooters are vet and S vet now but there are some new up and coming shooters on the scene... unfortunately I cannot be included into either category ! I actually shot my first rounds of FU and FO at Mirande and shoot there nearly every weekend during the summer.
​Yep that about a 2.5 hour drive each way.  So who is your World Champion and bronze medallist, as if it's after 1991 they won I'll surely know them. 

Guy Escuer won the world FU don't know the year and Guy Commers was third don't know the years unfortunately but Guy Escurer is an SV now and Guy Commers is a Vet so I think early 90's ? I will find out on Saturday. Another handy shooter is Christian Pagotto, although he has not been shooting that great of late but on his day he can make a good score.

Tongue In Cheek Humour John.  

My apologies if it came across otherwise. You know me better than that.

I know Guy Commeres, he's in the veteran category with me. I don't know Guy Escuer, I've got the overall winners back to 1983, the first World Championship to be held, prior to that it was called the Grande Mondiale, and from 1991 for all other categories and his name doesn't appear, perhaps he won the veteran title before then. I don't know when the veteran category was introduced but the super veterans was introduced in 1997. I've also got the European Championship winners back to 1969, although there are odd year gaps in the 70's and early 80's when perhaps they weren't held. I've also got the full results back to 1991 of both championships barring the odd year when FITASC refused to give them out to anyone other than the team manager.  

Guy Escuer was  a world champion at FU in whatever format it was then... either that or they have knocked up a photograph of him proudly holding the trophy with the medal round is neck which hangs in the club house. He is in super vet now and in the photo he looks to be mid late thirty's so could have been a long time back? Either way he is claimed to be a world champion by those at the club... which poses the question what do you class as a world championship? I will ask about it on Saturday... understandably the club are very proud of his achievement. Guy Commers is a great shot who still wins plenty down here ... he has already won three 100 target comps this season with 98, 97 and 95. You may know Christian Pagotto too he shoots a lot with Guy and Alain Delom.

edit

Phil will find out on Saturday about what Guy won but just thinking could it have been Olympic trench?

Just doing an autopsy on the results and would point out that while Jack W posted a stunning 98 on both days, Adam Gutteridge actually pipped Jack on Sunday by posting a 99 ex 100.  I was scoring Adam for a couple of his rounds on Sunday and he straighted both. Also watched Jack for a few rounds (as Harry was on the same squad). The pair of them are like machines.

Phenomenal shooting from both of them I say.

Now all I have to do is emulate what they do :wink:

DT

At ranton last year adam had a round where something went wrong with the trap or something,he just walked off to one side, relaxed and when called for got back on the peg looking like nothing had happened,and that's the sort of thing that makes the top shots like machines.

He also probably picked up some tips watching me the other weak :lol:

Just doing an autopsy on the results and would point out that while Jack W posted a stunning 98 on both days, Adam Gutteridge actually pipped Jack on Sunday by posting a 99 ex 100.  I was scoring Adam for a couple of his rounds on Sunday and he straighted both. Also watched Jack for a few rounds (as Harry was on the same squad). The pair of them are like machines.

Phenomenal shooting from both of them I say.

Now all I have to do is emulate what they do :wink:

DT
​The underlined is in my very limited experience the most important part of shooting trap. I think we have spoken much on this in the past but to be successful at trap in its many forms I personally think you have to be able shoot like a robot. The speed at which the robot performs its task is, to an extent, immaterial. The important thing is the ability to give 100% reproducibility of the task it is performing, anything less than 100% is reflected in a lower score. Its not rocket science you have a set of targets tat do exactly the same every time they are thrown but in a random order. If you do not approach every target in exactly the same way you are going to under perform... you don't know what is going to come out so you hedge your bets and take exactly the same approach for every target called. The only thing I an think about that requires constant change is how you place your feet.

I note with most of the UT shooters down here that hold point while, as with everything, is personal choice. However there is a great tendency amongst the really good shooters to not rob Peter to pay Paul, in other words hold point is nearly always around the centre of the five. In ,many ways I think that makes perfect sense with respect to eye alignment with the gun but others may disagree.

I know Guy Commeres, he's in the veteran category with me. I don't know Guy Escuer, I've got the overall winners back to 1983, the first World Championship to be held, prior to that it was called the Grande Mondiale, and from 1991 for all other categories and his name doesn't appear, perhaps he won the veteran title before then. I don't know when the veteran category was introduced but the super veterans was introduced in 1997. I've also got the European Championship winners back to 1969, although there are odd year gaps in the 70's and early 80's when perhaps they weren't held. I've also got the full results back to 1991 of both championships barring the odd year when FITASC refused to give them out to anyone other than the team manager. 
​What have you got missing from the 1970s Phil?

Phil I did not see Mr Escuer last weekend but I will make enquires this weekend. I think he won what ever he won many years back he is quite young looking in the photograph and is super vet now could have been forty years back? I will get more info on Saturday.

Phil I did not see Mr Escuer last weekend but I will make enquires this weekend. I think he won what ever he won many years back he is quite young looking in the photograph and is super vet now could have been forty years back? I will get more info on Saturday.
Any joy John?

Hi Phil tried to mail you but my mail does not work for some reason? I could not find out much at the weekend as most of the guys were out at another club shooting practice for a comp Guy included, turns out he won the su vet cat. I did speak to someone I know who told me he was a champion but did not know the year. I will get the mystery solved this weekend because I will be shooting in the league championship and all the older members of the club will be there.

Latest posts

Back