try before you buy in SE

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rammy

Any grounds in the south east have try before you buy demo guns, interested in 525/mk38 sporter or Caesar guerini summit.

I'm in north Surrey area myself... thanks 

Last edited by a moderator:
Firstly, Churchills near Lane End had a whole load of what you would consider beginner guns (Miroku, Browning, Beretta...) in their gun shop that are used for lessons which you can use/try out if you book a lesson or two and was gonna be the option I took before I saw what ended up being my 525 for sale, buuuut... secondly, most gun shops appear to let you borrow second hand guns to try out one at a time if there's a range nearby, as long as you have a valid shotgun or firearms certificate to show them, and probably some will want a returnable deposit for collateral or summat I'd have thought. Look on Guntrader & Gunstar would be my advice and go from there if there's guns you might actually buy... but probably advisable to not take the p1ss and just go shooting for fun, have a look at what you might ACTUALLY buy from a shop, not what you fancy having a jolly with. They're not daft!

Be amazed if you'll be able to try anything brand new though cos it knackers the resale for shops, obviously.

Can't speak highly enough of William Evans at Bisley (your area), but no idea what their policies on trying are. You might be allowed to take something to Long Siberia, the Pay & Play at Bisley, but you'll also need insurance to shoot there and it ain't cheap!

Potters at Tunbridge Wells let you take out their second hand or demo guns.  West Kent (only open weekdays) and Willow Farm aren't too far away.

I can recommend EJ Churchill (Jon who runs the gun room will let you try anything 2nd hand, they've a range of demo guns). 

Williams Evans at Bisley (it's quite close to me too) allow you to take guns out as El Spavo says - though I've always found them to be expensive should you decide to buy from them. 

When I was buying a gun I went all over the place, Oxford Gun Co, Chris Potters, local shops etc. I actually ended up buying one through a shooting contact and had it RFD'd!

Caesar wise Owls Lodge have a number to try being sponsored, you can give Richard a call beforehand to check he has what you want to try on-site. 

Latest posts

Back