Troy Foods Fitasc

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome shoot, serious targets, awful weather! 

6+ hours of torrential rain, yet still will probably go down as one of, if not the best targets of the year. That is what a shotgun is for! Great mix from inside 10 to over 70 yards, straight at thems to over 20 foot on one or two birds! Stunning job by Steve and ally, thanks to Mr Kempley for supporting it again.

Well I enjoyed the Troy Fitasc very much.  It was tiring but my squad were lovely and good shots and very encouraging.  I managed to hit the half way mark 75/100 which I am happy about.  The shoot itself was very organised and ran very smoothly, the weather was good, food was excellent particularly the chocolate cake.  The super final was also exciting and a pleasure to watch.   Knackered by the time I got home but an extremely enjoyable day.

I was reffing top field 3&4, and to say the weather on Thursday was challenging is an under statement. For Richard Foulds and Stuart Cumming to shoot a 140 is a testament to their skill and concentrating.

It was great meeting up with the forum members, and some shot my layout like pro's, one that springs to mind is Andy Grey 16 out of 20 bloody awesome.

Now I have to lie in a darkened room and try and get the words   score, zero,   zero zero out of my head.

On a personal note, I'd like to thank Trevor Stanton for the kind use of his gun and shells so that I could have a go at the tower bird on peg 4, Don't see what all the fuss was about 6ft lead and its dust :) 

I loved this shoot, such a great day out but I am absolutely shattered today...

Might have have to start doing a bit more FITASC...more bloody expense.....

Very happy with my score and some of the things I have been working on are all starting to come together nicely....

I was reffing top field 3&4, and to say the weather on Thursday was challenging is an under statement. For Richard Foulds and Stuart Cumming to shoot a 140 is a testament to their skill and concentrating.

It was great meeting up with the forum members, and some shot my layout like pro's, one that springs to mind is Andy Grey 16 out of 20 bloody awesome.

Now I have to lie in a darkened room and try and get the words   score, zero,   zero zero out of my head.

On a personal note, I'd like to thank Trevor Stanton for the kind use of his gun and shells so that I could have a go at the tower bird on peg 4, Don't see what all the fuss was about 6ft lead and its dust :) 
​So was it you who introduced a new rule into FITASC Sporting when you made me take the long R to L crosser off the tall cherry picker on peg 3 again after I'd killed it first barrel?  It seems my gun, with the stock well below the FITASC line, was "moving around like a wand" when your rules state it must be perfectly still!  Now I thought I knew the rules but even so I revisited them when I'd got home and started to dry my kit out and I cant see that rule anywhere. You didn't accuse me of having my stock above the line and I definitely didn't shoulder the gun until the target appeared (rule 3.1.2). You could see the target on the trap arm (through the raindrops) so I wouldn't have had a great deal of time to start "waving the gun about" after I'd called pull.  As you may recall I hit the target 1st barrel after my dressing down and considering that was one of the toughest birds on the shoot I was mightily pleased.  The other 5 squad members to a man all i) congratulated me on hitting it for the second time under duress, ii) couldn't see that I'd done anything wrong the first time and iii) had never heard of the "waving the gun about" rule either.

The rain and wind had tried its very best to put a damper of one of the best set of targets I've ever had the pleasure of shooting at and it was only one target (albeit a stonking one)out of 150 but you came very close to ruining my day. 

Mr Potter

​So was it you who introduced a new rule into FITASC Sporting when you made me take the long R to L crosser off the tall cherry picker on peg 3 again after I'd killed it first barrel?  It seems my gun, with the stock well below the FITASC line, was "moving around like a wand" when your rules state it must be perfectly still!  Now I thought I knew the rules but even so I revisited them when I'd got home and started to dry my kit out and I cant see that rule anywhere. You didn't accuse me of having my stock above the line and I definitely didn't shoulder the gun until the target appeared (rule 3.1.2). You could see the target on the trap arm (through the raindrops) so I wouldn't have had a great deal of time to start "waving the gun about" after I'd called pull.  As you may recall I hit the target 1st barrel after my dressing down and considering that was one of the toughest birds on the shoot I was mightily pleased.  The other 5 squad members to a man all i) congratulated me on hitting it for the second time under duress, ii) couldn't see that I'd done anything wrong the first time and iii) had never heard of the "waving the gun about" rule either.

The rain and wind had tried its very best to put a damper of one of the best set of targets I've ever had the pleasure of shooting at and it was only one target (albeit a stonking one)out of 150 but you came very close to ruining my day. 

Mr Potter
​Yes you did kill it, and yes your stock was below the fitasc line and NO the rule is not mine.

What the rule states is "the gun must not move until the target appears"

I stand by my call and would not hesitate to do so again. If you can see the clay as it's sat on the plate prior to being launched, some 60m away and some 20m in the air then you are a better man than I. 

Back