To Choke Or Not ?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Choke was always a measurement taken as tighter than the actual bore of the gun. Measured in thousands of an inch or roughly .25 of a millimeter per quarter choke. So every ten though is an extra 1/4 choke five thou the in between chokes Skeet 3/8” so on. Bit annoying when in today’s world 40thou is extra full and full would have been 7/8” a few years ago. That’s using measurements if by pattern percentage in s circle cart choice can make a decent difference. So pattern your gun as it is with a choice of carts to see what it’s actually putting out regardless of what it measures at the choke. Fixed choke is less hassle and normally better balanced.
I do really like the way the gun moves and don’t want to upset that. But it would obviously be nice to be able to change the chokes if needed. Although I am shooting it good at the minute.

Teague multi choked a MX2000S for me, thin wall, have also had them remove a stuck choke (operator neglect) and then make chokes for my MK38 Trap which is Briley cut, this by the original owner, the service at all times was first class, I know of a great may others that use the company, none has had a bad / poor word, in a sport where we are not shy on pointing out / rabbiting on about poor service that's impressive.

Just my own experience(s) of course.
Good to hear 👂 many thanks 👍🏼

I do prefer extended chokes mainly for the barrel protection, it’s also easier to tighten. I tried some ported chokes, needless to say after shooting one round of sporting the filth all over the barrel end and front bead made the decisions to sell them easier.
Yes I got some ported for a beretta I had. Loved the look of them the clean up not so much. I am an avid gun cleaner tho so it’s not too much of an issue.

Just an update we have decided to……… choke. Dropped it at Teague on Friday. Good feel to the place guy couldn’t spend enough time with me talking through the options etc. even offered to let me collect the gun when it was done with some flush chokes for me to use as I have opted to have extended ones coated black which adds on to the time taken quite considerably so I could have had the gun back before the chokes are done. Really impressed 👍🏼

Choking has been completed as has the steel shot proofing. Which is a massive relief 😮‍💨. Just waiting for the chokes to go to coating then it’s a case of waiting for wood back from James the Woodworking Gunsmith @ thimbleby. Then a little trip to Alan Rhone for a service, titanium barrel hanger and trigger and project K80 is complete.

Attachments

• a344cd5b-e3e4-48d4-915d-1c487256abea.jpeg
    a344cd5b-e3e4-48d4-915d-1c487256abea.jpeg
    677.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 61ce706a-6e87-47be-a2e2-c43b8b761f9c.jpeg
    61ce706a-6e87-47be-a2e2-c43b8b761f9c.jpeg
    625.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 3f644ff5-ed67-4afe-a7c8-d3beb261f97c.jpeg
    3f644ff5-ed67-4afe-a7c8-d3beb261f97c.jpeg
    506.5 KB · Views: 2
Choking has been completed as has the steel shot proofing. Which is a massive relief 😮‍💨. Just waiting for the chokes to go to coating then it’s a case of waiting for wood back from James the Woodworking Gunsmith @ thimbleby. Then a little trip to Alan Rhone for a service, titanium barrel hanger and trigger and project K80 is complete.
According to the tinternet Alan Rhone has stopped people dropping their gun off and waiting for it. RFD deliveries only.

According to the tinternet Alan Rhone has stopped people dropping their gun off and waiting for it. RFD deliveries only.
Oh right I will have to double check with them. I did speak to them a month or so ago and they didn’t mention anything at the time. Even quoted the costs etc. Maybe something has changed in the interim ? Hopefully not 😂 thanks for the heads up 👍🏼

Oh right I will have to double check with them. I did speak to them a month or so ago and they didn’t mention anything at the time. Even quoted the costs etc. Maybe something has changed in the interim ? Hopefully not 😂 thanks for the heads up 👍🏼
I suppose if they know you it could be different, I used to like it when you could wait while they fettled your gun :D

That’s what was discussed. To be fair it was only an exchange of email so perhaps I may have been taking to someone who wasn’t up to speed with the new rulings. But it was to query what they knew of my gun date of manufacture last time it was serviced etc. I did mention the same day service and it was offered and even quoted pricing etc. as I say it was a month or so ago I will obviously double check and let them know that the website is hopefully miss informing people

That’s what was discussed. To be fair it was only an exchange of email so perhaps I may have been taking to someone who wasn’t up to speed with the new rulings. But it was to query what they knew of my gun date of manufacture last time it was serviced etc. I did mention the same day service and it was offered and even quoted pricing etc. as I say it was a month or so ago I will obviously double check and let them know that the website is hopefully miss informing people
I must admit I was surprised to see it, but I cannot remember where I saw it.

From personal experience I would swerve the trigger, bit of a cheesegrater

Back