Time for change

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maddmatt,

Not sure i understand the question......

But if i have it right your asking if as a member of NSSA you could enter the CPSA skeet majors (for example) - then my answer would be NO you couldn't.

You could however enter the NSSA majors held here in the UK - Ironman, UK Open, BSSA Open, European Open. Plus any NSSA registered shoots as you NEED to be a member to enter these.
That is interesting, is that a skeet specific rule or in general?

Maddmatt,

There are also fee's applied to EVERY TARGET you shoot in NSCA / NSSA which are collected by your "zone" and HQ. I am not familiar with the NSCA method but the NSSA method here in the UK is as follows:-

BSSA (UK "zone" of NSSA for want of a better description) - £1.50 per hundred targets.

This is used to "top up" the prize funds at the major shoots and also for the running of the "zone" as required.

NSSA (HQ) - 0.04 cents per target (eg:- $4 per hundred)

0.01 cents per target ($1 per hundred) goes to the "marketing plan" which is used to promote the sport.

0.03 cents per target ($3 per hundred) is for admin and running NSSA as required.

EVERY SINGLE shooter who shoots registered targets pays these fee's at ALL shoots irrespective of wether you take any of the benefits by attending the majors etc.

To answer your question about if its "skeet specific" or a general rule - no idea! I am not on the board for this - just my understanding.

I have no idea how it would work in terms of NSCA over here in the UK as far as i am aware there is no UK based "zone" for the NSCA here so you would be reliant on "zone 8" which is the catch all zone outside of the USA. How you would stand with regards entering the CPSA majors in sporting - again i don't know although i would imagine you could enter the "world sporting" as its a combined CPSA / NSCA event?

Last edited by a moderator:
Did not know that, but it is an interesting concept, the more you shoot the more you contribute, seems fair. Have asked the CPSA for some clarity, will post when I get an answer...

Did not know that, but it is an interesting concept, the more you shoot the more you contribute, seems fair. Have asked the CPSA for some clarity, will post when I get an answer...
Now there is a man with time on his side! :spiteful:

Out of interest, if someone stopped being a member of the CPSA, they could still shoot registered shoots, although would be classed on the day so probably wouldn't win much (not a huge issue I hear you say)  BUT not shoot any majors?

So, if that someone joined the NSSA or French Federation they would be entitled to shoot all the Majors in this Country, is that correct?
If you are not a CPSA member you can only shoot a registered event on a have a go basis. Your score will not win any prize money or trophies.

Response from HQ

"Shooters who belong to other national governing bodies, with which we have a reciprocal arrangement, such as the NCSA, are permitted to shoot in CPSA Major Championships and to win prizes. The regulations are in booklet no. 5 section 1.2"

Guess that answers my question...

maddmatt & who ever you contacted at CPSA ?

Thank you so very very much.

NSCA annual membership $40 =  £24.89  

NSCA Life membership for a Veteran $250

Current rate of exchange 1.607 Dollars to the Pound Sterling = £155.56 for lifetime membership

The NSCA magazine is very good also (at extra cost to overseas members ) but the savings will be worth it.

Well i do not know about change.........it seems to be all change at the minute......again.....

Is it true that Mr Jellicoe has stood down as Chairman of the CPSA at the Board meeting today.........?

Guess who is now Chairman.........

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Would you like me to do a block booking for NSCA membership?

For all of those looking for an alternative organisation we may have a cheaper , better option.

Would you like me to do a block booking for NSCA membership?

For all of those looking for an alternative organisation we may have a cheaper , better option.
I am in the SCTA.

What is the cost for SCTA and WCTSA ? I'll bet it is more than NSCA and no magazine .

Come on someone please tell me that the Admiral has not resigned only to be replaced by  Bobbett. Where is Joe Kitson when you need his honesty?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well.....we will have to see what Ben comes up with.....this new British Pro Tour could be very interesting.....and I do not think the backer will let anyone interfere with its set up.

The future could be looking bright.

The future is not looking too bright for CPSA members. 

It just goes to show how after the membership voted in a National ballot to remove the Chair, by the back door we have now restored him to post.

If this is how our association can operate, can we have any real faith in them serving the membership with honesty and integrity? Can we really believe that they have the best interests of the membership and the future of clayshooting in safe hands?

Well i do not know about change.........it seems to be all change at the minute......again.....

Is it true that Mr Jellicoe has stood down as Chairman of the CPSA at the Board meeting today.........?

Guess who is now Chairman.........

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Unbeeeeelievable!

The members clearly said they didn't want him as a national director, he walks back in by the back door as SW director and low and behold, because the directors can choose their own chairman, he somehow gets back in as chairman. How is that possible? How fair are the new Articles of Association now?

Someone suggested gin! Well it seems they must all be stewed in the stuff the way they are carrying on!

Luckily I can also claim to be Welsh so perhaps that's the best place for me!

Latest posts

Back