Time for change

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well said Lynn.

You know more than most how things worked.

What was the spin about the 'new articles' ....oh yes....we are doing it in the best interests of the members.

So peeps just remind me......

The membership that voted in the national vote of Bobbykins v Michelle......voted clearly....(well those that put in a vote).....for Michelle.

Then conveniently the SW director 'found something else to do' and vacated the post before his term was ended.

Mr J was elected Chairman....and when i spoke to him at EJ Churchills WESP was really looking forward to taking the CPSA forward....I wished him the best as the 'new broom'....

Then we find that the SW could not be arsed to find someone amongst their thousands of members....to stand......so Bobbykins slides back on to a board that he has just been put off.......by the CPSA membership....!!

Then.....in the first board meeting ....Mr J resigns.....and Bobbykins is back as Chairman.

WTF is going on....?

It needs a few more people to do as my wife and I did in December last. Renewal time, no thank you. It will stay that way as long as and untill the Cpsa proves to me it can see in a member more than just another subscription payment. Early days yet but but it's BASC for us.

Michael,

Good for you and your Wife.

This is certainly the way to go for all of us, because frankly we are being treated with disdain by The Board who actually do not appear to give a tinkers cuss about the sport, the rules, the membership or making any improvements to the well being of the association.

We have Bobby Watkins smiling and cajoling us to part with our hard earned cash to become members and as fast as he signs members up, even more throw in the towel and leave, because frankly we get nothing for our membership apart from a classification.

Could someone explain to me why despite having a fulltime development officer and a very enthusiastic membership recruitment officer (team), for over forty years we have hovered around 24,000 members? If as I believe there are 500,000 shotgun certificates out there why are we not growing as a sport?

I know many such as my self are members of both associations, but you only have to look at the number of clayshooting facilities that operate weekly to realise we have a massive shortfall in membership.

But can you blame people for not wanting to be part of CPSA?

As anyone ever bothered to look into how much these Board meetings cost the membership ? Hotels, Meals, travel allowance. Value for money?

I think not.

Tinker or Joe if you are looking in !

How much does it actually cost the association ( very approximately ) to hold these Board meetings?  If we had an idea maybe then we could say we are getting value for money. 

If you read the Board minutes they are hardly ever making decisions that help or enhance the sport, it seems akin to meeting at The Old Boys Club.

Negligible ...you are taking the wrong tack.

Directors only get paid their mileage and hotel.

Nothing wrong at all with this because they give up a day's time for free and have to get there.

Sometime issues are discussed in the hotel the night before which helps move the day on.

These meeting should only take 1/2 a day if the ones in them did not get distracted with 'all our yesterday stories' and could focus on the points.

It would also help if more of them knew how to read P&L's ....or any form of large documents and understand them. Now there are new people on there I have no experience of how they operate. But Fossils....when there are many long stories there :laugh:

This whole CPSA saga is once again starting to look like a farce! It's no wonder that so many clay shooters don't join the CPSA, there has always been politics surrounding HQ and the people at the top, no change there then! I first joined the CPSA back in the 1980's when they operated from pretty small premises out in Essex, they didn't have much in the way of staff, yet it almost seems that today's operation is much bigger than it was then, but the membership level would appear to be about the same! How curious! As I've said before, local committees do a great job from what I've seen, they always have too, it's just such a tragedy that the CPSA top brass operate in such a weird fashion. I will not knock any particular person within the CPSA, the members allowed changes to take place, but I fail to see how the CPSA can call itself the representative of clay shooting when so few clay shooters are actually members! I know of ten clay shooters who live within a mile or so of my house, but none of them belong to the CPSA, yes I've asked them why they don't join and basically the reason is that they do not feel that the CPSA has anything to offer them! They are not into shooting registered comps or getting a classification, they mostly shoot straw balers, so what else would they get  from membership other than insurance and a badge? Nothing really by the look of it.

Renewal time for me and MrsH and have been delaying sending forms back for a few weeks.

i joined the CPSA a couple of years ago because I believed the hype on the website.

The situation with the chairman, just leaves a bad taste and confirms the board are only interested in looking after themselves.

Will almost certainly not renew. Looking into alternative insurance/membership at the moment.

BASC at £106 looks good value.

A chap gave me an interesting comment the other day.

If Mr. Jellicoe is far too busy with other commitments to Chair Board meetings, will he be relinquishing his directorship?

A chap gave me an interesting comment the other day.

If Mr. Jellicoe is far too busy with other commitments to Chair Board meetings, will he be relinquishing his directorship?
Mmmm!!!! Makes you wonder Pete!

Back