THE Troy Foods Classic FITASC - New Thread

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ed, have you ever shot a FITASC shoot with a prize fund like the classic before??? (Excluding Dubai)
I have....many times in the past ...

The Words always had about 80,000 Euros and the Europeans slightly less 50,000euros (give or take a few 1000). I have also come away from several Grand Prix's (now called Word Cups) with 850 euros etc etc

Sadly the money was removed by Paris.....but I heard last night that there is now a fight on to get it back...

Hope that helps.

Found out today a friend booked me on for Sunday 1st Fitasc shoot can't wait looking forward to some awesome targets , I think that gets me the fully house for Steve and Ally's majors: Classic, Troy foods Fitasc, Sport trap British, ESP British, White Gold cup --- suppose I need to qualify for the white gold to be a true Full House!

Great events, great targets keep up the excellent work - will be shooting them all next year as well!

thanks sp clay

hopefuuly this will be a great event we have to date 290 booked in so makings for a great atmosphere and as it isnt registered we might have some laughter too ,see you then 

Steve - will you be able to provide me with sleeping facilities...after driving back from France the evening before - I might need a nap in between layouts. 

Sadly we were unable to book in for this excellent sounding FITASC event, due to prior family commitments.

It is disappointing to read all the negativity that has emerged on here though, although I can understand some of it.

Matt (MM) I'm sorry to say that I did read your post in a negative way too . . . . . for me anyway, comments such as   -   "set at £120 to ensure only the very serious shooters enter" and along the lines of "not set up for C/D class shooters whingeing due to a bad score" or something like that !

We have shot quite a few FSP events now and, as way way short of a neuro surgeon could quickly work out, my wife has come last in most of them. However she pays her money, shoots with a constant smile on her face, and always gets on well with all the other squad members who almost without exception have given her encouragement. I too sit firmly in D class despite having come close to C Class scores on odd occasions. 

We both always really enjoy the challenges placed before us and never ever whinge about difficult shoots. In fact, from my experience it is usually the higher classified shooters who are the biggest whingers in FSP and ESP, complaining about difficult target presentations being unacceptable etc etc, although it more than often just comes across as bruised egos.

I am not trying to say that you meant those things, and out of context they probably look even worse, but I do think that everybody needs to be careful with the written word as individuals will always read things differently.

I would certainly hope that ALL levels of shooters could feel comfortable entering even the biggest shoots without any fear of being looked down upon. Without that, there is a risk of promoting the sport as an elitist only activity.

As for Steve and his shoots at Westfield, I have not yet had the pleasure to participate in any event, but I hear and read only glowing reports. Hopefully we can get along to a shoot soon (PM sent to Steve). It certainly amazes me that people like Steve Lovatt, Phil Moss etc maintain their level of enthusiasm considering the negative comments that some people make.

Hey ho, keep smiling and I'm off on Sunday for a first time visit to Barbury  :thumbsu:  

hi GG we agree with everything you said and the main sponsor who is a very good freind of mine also agrees as in from the very start of this he wanted to give serious money back to the classes such as c and d as they have supported him over the years by turning up to events and making up numbers so the top guys have somewhere to go 

i havent recieved a message , and yes it would be great to see you sometime soon , and all shooters that enter my shoots will tell you that i cater for everyone 

thamks steve

Tried to send you a PM but a pop-up states that you cannot receive any more messages . . . . . I guess your mail box must be full up and need clearing out ?

So my message is copied and pasted below : -

Hi Steve  - as stated in a recent post, we have so far not been able to attend any of your Westfield shoots. It is a long way for us and for the past year or so we have been nursing a poorly Springer Spaniel. Sadly, as you may have recently read on the forum, he recently lost his battle and we still miss him badly.

However, we are now in a position to travel further to shoots and will gradually get round to doing so. Also from the forum you may have read that I do suffer some mobility problems. Not disabled I hasten to add, but being Diabetic with constant back, hip and knee pain I can only walk 50-100yards before needing to sit down for a few minutes. I even take my own seat around with me.

So, finally getting to the point, could you please let me know about the topography of Westfields and whether you genuinely feel we could manage the course without too much trauma ?

We look forward to your response and, even more so, look forward to the possibility of meeting you and Ally and experiencing the challenges that most people seem to enjoy so much !

Malc

I am not much good at playing top quality golf as I am just a lowly club player with a handicap of 30 and being a nurse in the NHS I do not get chance to get out much to practice.......but.....anyone out there got any contacts that can get me into the Masters...? Or failing that I would love to enter the British Open on a non-competition basis and if you can arrange it, can I get on a foursome with Tiger Woods and 2 other hot players. I am happy to help them on the way round with lots of stories and laughs to keep their spirits up if they are not playing well.

Best wishes,

Dolly. X

So Nic . . . . your last post was useful on what basis ?

Is it to be read as a sarcastic analogy such as, "Don't be silly, of course you can't expect to shoot with the big boys, so don't bother trying" or am I missing the point?

If the above is how the post was intended then firstly, I don't see how it was helpful and, secondly, I would be disappointed if that was genuinely your point of view !

If not . . . . . . . then I'm just asking ?

GG I agree completely with your post. The biggest whingers certainly seem to be the wannabe front runners. Scan through these forums and you will see very few of us D class shooters moaning about the quality of targets.

We pitch up, make up the numbers. ............ and the prize pot ........ shoot, enjoy the day and the company ( sometimes ) and go away happy.

So Nic . . . . your last post was useful on what basis ?

Is it to be read as a sarcastic analogy such as, "Don't be silly, of course you can't expect to shoot with the big boys, so don't bother trying" or am I missing the point?

If the above is how the post was intended then firstly, I don't see how it was helpful and, secondly, I would be disappointed if that was genuinely your point of view !

If not . . . . . . . then I'm just asking ?
Yes you missed the point.

GG I agree completely with your post. The biggest whingers certainly seem to be the wannabe front runners. Scan through these forums and you will see very few of us D class shooters moaning about the quality of targets.

We pitch up, make up the numbers. ............ and the prize pot ........ shoot, enjoy the day and the company ( sometimes ) and go away happy.
Glad to see you got my point.

I am not much good at playing top quality golf as I am just a lowly club player with a handicap of 30 and being a nurse in the NHS I do not get chance to get out much to practice.......but.....anyone out there got any contacts that can get me into the Masters...? Or failing that I would love to enter the British Open on a non-competition basis and if you can arrange it, can I get on a foursome with Tiger Woods and 2 other hot players. I am happy to help them on the way round with lots of stories and laughs to keep their spirits up if they are not playing well.

Best wishes,

Dolly. X
This was a true request....I am a crap golfer....although my ex hubby was a scratch golfer, my mother played off 9....father played of 10 (one up for the girls).

I have always wanted to play in the Masters....or the British Open. (Been to the British Open lads of times as mummy is on the golf boards....and yes...they are as crap as the shooting ones)

I would love to play with Tiger Woods as I think I can up his mental game...if he did not mind me chatting to him on the way round.

So I do not quite understand you post GG. Are you saying I should not want to play in these comps or want to play with a hero?

(I did not understand the following one either but agreed with it anyway).

"So I do not quite understand you post GG. Are you saying I should not want to play in these comps or want to play with a hero?"

Not at all Nic, in fact far from it. I just did not understand the relevance or context of your post made at that time within the comments going on in the thread, and it simply could have been read that you were using an analogy to say that we shouldn't expect to enter sporting competitions with the top shooters.

You have now clarified for which I am grateful since, as I stated, I would have been disappointed had that been your stance as you have generally in the past spoken out against elitism in our sport.

Good.

There is no such thing as Elite in our sport although the term is sometimes used for description clarification purposes .

Any one who really thinks they are Elite ....no matter how much they have won.....should remember that old Italian proverb "When the game is over the King and the Pawn goes back in the same box".

This is particularly true about shooting.

Although I know some do like to act like Prima Donas .....but Karma has a way of sorting that out.

P.s. You can read anything the way you want to ....this is the power and curse of the Internet :laugh:

count down has begun for this event , with one layout set yesterday and another will be done today 

can i please just ask people that are booked in to check your squad numbers and more importantly your start time as every morning now there seems to be hold ups on most motorways and roads and as such we need to keep timings exactly to time so we will not be waiting for late arrivals on the first rotations , sorry but if we lose five minutes on the first rotation it will end up being 45 mins at the end of the day .

this will hopefully be a great event , see you all next week 

steve

Nicola,

If you are good enough , you can play in The Open as an amateur, you must of course qualify.Possibly won't be squadded with Tiger on the Thursday, but if your around on Sunday , you will stand a chance. 

Nicola,

If you are good enough , you can play in The Open as an amateur, you must of course qualify.Possibly won't be squadded with Tiger on the Thursday, but if your around on Sunday , you will stand a chance. 
Awwww shucks......just sold the bats...!!

Back