THE Troy Foods Classic FITASC - New Thread

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dynamic,

Your calculations MAY well be correct but you do not have to pay what you think is an extortionate entry fee.

The choice is yours, no one is forcing you to enter.

But maybe you have forgotten one vital thing?

Steve Lovatt is a Farmer by profession and he by nature loves subsidies and if he chooses to use £20 & £50 notes as his set-a-side, that's his business not ours.

Have you ANY idea how many handbags and boots Allison has? Obviously not! 

you call yourself dynamic , i call you a clueless tosser , you obviously have never set up a commercial clay shooting business, or even set up a clay shoot for that matter.  You have no idea what overheads we entail (overheads and fixed costs inc VAT  have to be paid month in, month out - regardless of the entries at shoots.  Ever heard of make hay while the sun shines?).  We only set up competition shoots, we have a finite number of weekends in any one year to make our living, we don't run The Clay Shooting Company on the back of other full time paid employment - this is it.

I'm not justifying myself any further to idiots like you, as mentioned by others on this thread, you haven't got to come through the gate and and support any of our shoots.  We would prefer it if you didn't.  We're trying to make the sport more professional, providing shoots that people are proud to enter, enjoy being a part of and where the title for the winners means something.  People like you are trying to hold it back to where it has been all these years, a low level pass time. 

Thank you to the shooters who have defended us whilst I've been out all day working to set up the Classic - a shoot that no doubt Dynamic considers we are making another £20k out of and only takes me a couple of days to set up.

Get real dynamic and go rattle someone else's cage.  You're boring.

so back on track this will be run along the same lines as the other 150 fitasc shoots we have done over the last 4 years , it will have 8 layouts but in effect you will only go out 4 times so 8 hoops a layout and two refs a layout ( maybe if i cut it down to 6 refs as our dear freind suggests i could make more money , but my maths aint that good so will leave it at 8 and risk losing out !!!!!

it will be a mixture of new system and old system as the two work well together in some areas , target quality you will not be disappointed as a few changes in the ground are happening and more towers are being brought in , would anyone want to donate these please !!

some people in this game make me friggin savage !!!!! clueless 

look forward to seeing you all there 

steve

Cool, semi new system, 4 layouts, 8 sub layouts, 4 hoops per sub layout, 1 ref per sub layout...

8 x 4 hoops = 32 hoops = 96+ Target presentations to entertain us over 150 targets...sound about right Steve?

so back on track this will be run along the same lines as the other 150 fitasc shoots we have done over the last 4 years , it will have 8 layouts but in effect you will only go out 4 times so 8 hoops a layout and two refs a layout ( maybe if i cut it down to 6 refs as our dear freind suggests i could make more money , but my maths aint that good so will leave it at 8 and risk losing out !!!!!

it will be a mixture of new system and old system as the two work well together in some areas , target quality you will not be disappointed as a few changes in the ground are happening and more towers are being brought in , would anyone want to donate these please !!

some people in this game make me friggin savage !!!!! clueless 

look forward to seeing you all there 

steve
So..................how much £££££ profit are you really making !!!!!!.............. :spiteful:   :spiteful:   

Value for money is about the quality of product received/enjoyment of the experience for every pound spent...it has nothing to do with the profit generated by the provider.

The value for sponsors is in the smiling faces and connection with a successful product, not what profit the provider makes,,,

I hold my head in my hands...when will some people in this country begin to understand the difference between value and price?

The British Achilles heel...know the price of everything and value of nothing!   :banghead:

Beware the devil  :devil:  isn't his name Lovatt?

Steve

No need to resort to school boy tactics and name calling. Yes you are correct I have never set up a commercial clay shooting business, but I own a very successful business and DO understand costs, overheads etc.( I would spread them and not try to collect on one sale) As for justifying yourself to "idiots" I don't think you have justified yourself to anybody. (YET?)

Yes I agree that it is the individuals choice of which grounds they support. A pat on the back for trying to make the sport more professional (what is it you are doing that others are not?) As for holding the sport back, I don't see how you can say that, when all I am looking for is justification and clarification of why this event has the price tag of £120 when there is such a great deal of outside sponsorship. 

The fact is normally birds only it would be around £60 what extra from YOU do we get for the other £60????(£60=Value of the shoot £120=Price)

My experience and ability may not be good enough to come away with any prizes, but wouldn't it be great if we could all share in the generosity of the sponsors (maybe use some to reduce the entry fee?)

Please don't ignore the the newcomers to the sport or indeed the lower classes who will make up a great part of the entry.

Not sure all of the prize pool is coming from sponsorship, so a percentage of the entry fee will go in to the prize fund. The entry also includes food and drink and I'm sure that will be more then half a sandwich and a cold cup of tea...

I'm not clear or do not understand what your post hopes to achieve, do you want Steve to show you a complete breakdown of costs, income, sponsors fund and profit? Personally I think birds only entries should be banned from competitions and only be allowed at registered and unregistered shoots, so the entry fee of £120 is almost irrelevant IMO, there are a percentage of shooters who will be in the money and are entering because of the prizes available and there will also be a percentage of shooters who will enter just to have the chance of shooting one of Steve's fitasc courses.

If Steve and Ally make a decent profit well done them, but I suspect if Steve broke down his and Ally's time, placing traps, maintaining traps, charging batteries, unloading hundreds of clay boxes, humping those boxes to the traps and then filling the traps, administrating entries, cancellations, changing squads or days for shooters, etc etc their actual hourly rate would not be outrageous. 

I'm pretty sure if I asked you to justify your costs within your business on a public forum you might give me a similar response!! 

PS - what squad are you on Dave....?

Not sure all of the prize pool is coming from sponsorship, so a percentage of the entry fee will go in to the prize fund. The entry also includes food and drink and I'm sure that will be more then half a sandwich and a cold cup of tea...

I'm not clear or do not understand what your post hopes to achieve, do you want Steve to show you a complete breakdown of costs, income, sponsors fund and profit? Personally I think birds only entries should be banned from competitions and only be allowed at registered and unregistered shoots, so the entry fee of £120 is almost irrelevant IMO, there are a percentage of shooters who will be in the money and are entering because of the prizes available and there will also be a percentage of shooters who will enter just to have the chance of shooting one of Steve's fitasc courses.

If Steve and Ally make a decent profit well done them, but I suspect if Steve broke down his and Ally's time, placing traps, maintaining traps, charging batteries, unloading hundreds of clay boxes, humping those boxes to the traps and then filling the traps, administrating entries, cancellations, changing squads or days for shooters, etc etc their actual hourly rate would not be outrageous. 

I'm pretty sure if I asked you to justify your costs within your business on a public forum you might give me a similar response!! 

PS - what squad are you on Dave....?
Thank you Mad Matt :)

Dave Dynamic the prize fund is not entirely made up from sponsorship money.  We can't shout from the rooftops though that we are putting money into it as that can belittle the effect of sponsorship so you'll just have to 'get over it' as they say.

The £60 you quote for FITASC entry fee is for 100 birds, this is 150 birds.  We are also including free food, tea and coffee all day.  Please do direct me to the forum where the public can have a go at your business and what you do, fair is fair after all.

As for looking after the lower classes of shooters and new comers, you really do need to check your facts before you open your mouth.  If you're new to the sport as you suggest then you have little back ground knowledge about what we have done, what we have changed and how we operate.  We welcome new people into the sport and welcome their opinions too.  You many have noticed that C and D class shooters on this event are receiving the same amount of prize money as the B and A class?  How is this not looking after the 'lower classes'

So seriously, if you have a problem with Me, Ally, our company or what we do, that's your preoperative. You don't need to come onto the forum though and spit venom in our faces.  Your tone, your accusations and your whole posture is rude and provocative.  I hope you enjoy the world of sporting shooters, it's full of friendly, open, helpful people that enjoy good fluffy rabbits and exchange of stories and wisdom (!?).  Carry on like you've started though and I think you'll find it quite a lonely place to visit.

Happy shooting.........

Ally and Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=medium]I don’t post much on this or any other forum, however I would like to say in my opinion dynamic requires a good kick in the bollocks. The price is the price and if you don’t like it shop somewhere else.[/SIZE]

Thanks everyone for all your support on this , I have no time in my life for people like this who hides behind a false name , so dave smith is not actually true is it Kevin ????

Screw it. I'm in on this. Steve,can you book me on for Saturday 26th please? 10-11am start if possible?

Steve & Ally

Firstly I would like to apologise as I was told that you were not putting any of the entry fee into the prize fund. Please make the amount known so you can be included in the list of financial sponsors,

The lower Classes I know you will say have an equal chance of getting into the final, but really they should not, apart from the odd "sandbagger". So the finalists (A/B class) will receive £8950 which is almost half the prize fund plus their class prizes. Fair??

As for me having a problem with you or your company that simply is not true. I have no intention of being either rude or provocative, I have not called no one names or made any threats. You obviously are doing a great job and have a good following.

My quote of £60 comes from the birds only cost of the 150 target GB FITASC where a ground owner makes a decent profit. My question is is £120 an indecent profit! Throughout this thread I have only asked for clarity on this one event. I am not asking to see your accounts or to discredit you, just to be clear.

I have nothing further to add to this thread.

Dave

Dave - the £60 cost of doing the 150 target GB selection shoot is the cost the ground charge BICTSF, the cost to the shooter is £99. If you want to be in the 'prize pool' you pay an additional £10. Events like the Troy Foods Classic FITASC should NOT cater to birds only shooters, if you want to shoot birds only then maybe the course can be left on (similar to the Beretta Worlds) for another day.

With a entry fee of £120 I would hope to see squads of shooters who all want to perform well, enjoy the event and maybe place high enough to win some prize money. It has IMO been set at £120 to ensure only the very serious shooters enter, this event is (nor should it be) designed or aimed at the occasional straw bale shooter or D class shooters expecting to get an easy time of it while they learn the craft of shooting FITASC. It should allow shooters who are at the top of their game shine and therefore be in the money or super final for the gun.

We have already discussed where most of the entry fee goes, and I don't think anyone else is that bothered what percentage Steve is putting in to the prize fund, we are just pleased a ground owner and generous sponsors have got together to put this event on.

Dave - the £60 cost of doing the 150 target GB selection shoot is the cost the ground charge BICTSF, the cost to the shooter is £99. If you want to be in the 'prize pool' you pay an additional £10. Events like the Troy Foods Classic FITASC should NOT cater to birds only shooters, if you want to shoot birds only then maybe the course can be left on (similar to the Beretta Worlds) for another day.

With a entry fee of £120 I would hope to see squads of shooters who all want to perform well, enjoy the event and maybe place high enough to win some prize money. It has IMO been set at £120 to ensure only the very serious shooters enter, this event is (nor should it be) designed or aimed at the occasional straw bale shooter or D class shooters expecting to get an easy time of it while they learn the craft of shooting FITASC. It should allow shooters who are at the top of their game shine and therefore be in the money or super final for the gun.

We have already discussed where most of the entry fee goes, and I don't think anyone else is that bothered what percentage Steve is putting in to the prize fund, we are just pleased a ground owner and generous sponsors have got together to put this event on.
Thanks Mat.... I can't add much to that!

Except..... Dynamic, sponsorship works in giving the people that want the title full exposure and credit.  The amounts they have put in are up to them to disclose IF THEY WANT TO. But from our point of view, we want you to see and receive a good reward, the sponsors to get the Kudos from titling a great event and for us to put on and run a good show which ultimately reflects well on them and us.  Simple.  

Gamebore are Title Sponsors for The Gamebore Gold Cup - this is our event, they have bought the title, that's not to say they are putting in all the prize money, what they pay covers some of it.  Just because someone is sponsoring something, DO NOT assume they are picking up all the costs.  Gamebore are also receiving all the credit for The White Gold Challenge we run, people assume that they are paying the prize fund of £11,200 - they are not, they are supplying the name in sponsorship only.  

Perhaps you need to understand all of this better before you continue to make your opinions so vocal and so public.

Aspire - Wayne, I've booked you in for the FITASC at 10.30am, you'll see your name on the squadding list but can you send me your email address please so I can send you confirmation.

Ally 

Dave - the £60 cost of doing the 150 target GB selection shoot is the cost the ground charge BICTSF, the cost to the shooter is £99. If you want to be in the 'prize pool' you pay an additional £10.

It has IMO been set at £120 to ensure only the very serious shooters enter, this event is (nor should it be) designed or aimed at the occasional straw bale shooter or D class shooters expecting to get an easy time of it while they learn the craft of shooting FITASC. It should allow shooters who are at the top of their game shine and therefore be in the money or super final for the gun.
Matt, your on the sub committee, 150 GB shoots are £105 not £99 :eek:nthequiet:

"Only very serious shooters should enter...it should allow shooters who are at the top of their game shine and therefore be in the money or super final for the gun"

That's a bit patronising!!! Does that rule you out then? :crazy:  What, are you suggesting only the top fitasc guys should shoot this? No C/D class guys? You could shoot it over two days then...there are classes to shoot for, that's why I'm making the effort to drive 5+ hours...to have a crack at a C class with a prize pot worth going for!!! :spiteful:

Latest posts

Back