THE Troy Foods Classic FITASC - New Thread

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thankyou to everyone that made this event what it was , it was a bit worrying for me on thursday as the first squads went out to see how it shot but when they all came back in with grins and laughter it was like a ton weight off my big toe .ed solomons i can see how you won the world champs you shot that course like no one else could and there were a few good shots there these last four days 

the shoot off , i wanted to keep the crowd pleased as i knew alot were coming back to watch without making the shooters look silly , and it worked a treat right down to the doubles on peg 4 anyone of four could have won it , big congrats to martin myers , by the way some of those midi crossers and loopers off that telehandler were getting on for 85 yards when they were shot and these guys made it look like skeet station 2 . i hope someone somewhere has pictures to post of this 

so the future , this event will run again next year but more pressing we have done the classic sporting , troy fitasc ,nows the time to think about the british open !!!!!

I have a few pics of the shoot off Steve which I will post later today... 

Matt

As I said before Steve, brilliant Job by all involved, probably my favourite event of the year, and we have had some good ones!

Might not have won, but had an awesome time losing! Roll on the British :)

First go at a big FITASC comp it was well over a year ago I tried one of Steve's FITASC reg and didn't do too well! Was a bit worried but once I got going really enjoyed it! Had a great time and even put a half decent score together for me. I will be up for it next year for sure.
The shoot off was great to watch, I recon it would have been good to have a go at the targets but without the crowd watching! ..

Just like to say thanks for such a great event. The targets were the best I've ever shot and I'm so pleased to have hit some of the longer ones. The timing ran first class, food was excellent and hospitality as good as always. Think Ali even did a good job with the weather. Not wishing to blow smoke but how did this feel like such an EVENT, a real social occasion and something special yet this doesn't happen at some of the majors? Think that the attention to detail is the answer, I thought the entry fee was a lot but having shot the event and seeing how much background work had gone into it I would be the first to book for next year,

Well done

My first go at FITASC and thought it was great, some massive targets that you just don't get to see much, nothing that couldn't be shot and plenty that had a smile on my face when I hit them only one layout took me to the cleaners otherwise pretty happy with my score.

The event had a great atmosphere, and as expected run very well, welcome breakfast bap and coffee to start, fresh salad rolls through the morning, lovely fresh buffet lunch through the afternoon and free drinks to finish oh and 150 Westfield targets - a must for next year.

Final was a display of top class shooting and shows how these guys are able to build massive scores week in week out, a must see if you ever get chance. Even got a quick word with the great man Mr GD on the way to the car and he was happy to chat about the final and the quality of the targets, even joked about the target he couldn't hit saying he missed it in the main shoot as well - great day that will take some topping - Bring on the British Open Weekend

Many thanks to all involved to create such a great event, long may they continue

Firstly I would like to thank Steve and Allison for the great atmosphere, set up and targets. The event was outstanding. I look forward to next year but I have to address something that has been on my mind since Sunday.

Classifications!   

I feel this needs to be addressed in some way by the CPSA or by who ever. Even so this was an unregistered (unsure) event it seems unfair.

How can a AAA sporting shooter be in D Class in FITASC ?

The way I see it as, All because they have not shot enough to get classified or got classified by putting in bad scores as higher up the classes they won't be anywhere but the middle of the table.

Need i say more.........!

Seriously is it just the prize money that brings these people out.

Calm down mr angry the lad that won D class is out shooting as much as he can afford like the majority of us so maybe cant afford to shoot fitasc sporting much hence the class and i can assure you that he aint droped to D he just aint shot it since he last got classed in D.I shot in c against a england team member also classed in c at a british open sportrap and came second to him by a couple of clays ,my fault for lack of concentration,not his because he didnt do enough sportrap to go up classes.Get on the cpsa board ,get the other board members to agree with your ideas to change the rules,but untill then blame the rules but please dont blame shooter. 

FSP is a gun down discipline....it takes a bit of getting used to. Not everyone can.....simples

Steve & Ally

Firstly I would like to apologise as I was told that you were not putting any of the entry fee into the prize fund. Please make the amount known so you can be included in the list of financial sponsors,

The lower Classes I know you will say have an equal chance of getting into the final, but really they should not, apart from the odd "sandbagger". So the finalists (A/B class) will receive £8950 which is almost half the prize fund plus their class prizes. Fair??

As for me having a problem with you or your company that simply is not true. I have no intention of being either rude or provocative, I have not called no one names or made any threats. You obviously are doing a great job and have a good following.

My quote of £60 comes from the birds only cost of the 150 target GB FITASC where a ground owner makes a decent profit. My question is is £120 an indecent profit! Throughout this thread I have only asked for clarity on this one event. I am not asking to see your accounts or to discredit you, just to be clear.

I have nothing further to add to this thread.

Dave
Are you some kind of communist, or just a troll who knows a little bit about clay shooting?

If you are a proper shooter you should try being a Trap shooter, we can only wish there was a Ground-owner like Steve who can arrange sponsorship and organise these types of premium events to reward those who've spent decades developing their skills.

All of this takes a lot of hard work and business risk, who the hell are you to question his business, you're a potential customer that's all it's nothing to do with you.

You should be grateful.

James you really do need to think before you type...

... competitions that C/D classes might wan't to partisipate (sic) in???" is complete horse sh*t. Pretty much like 99% of what you attempt to write. I couldn't really careless if you or anyone else think it's patronising or not. Enjoy your 5 hour drive...

With a entry fee of £120 I would hope to see squads of shooters who all want to perform well, enjoy the event and maybe place high enough to win some prize money. It has IMO been set at £120 to ensure only the very serious shooters enter, this event is (nor should it be) designed or aimed at the occasional straw bale shooter or D class shooters expecting to get an easy time of it while they learn the craft of shooting FITASC. It should allow shooters who are at the top of their game shine and therefore be in the money or super final for the gun.
Matt, you must have easy/soft FITASC shoots round your way for you to make it to B class...the way you talk I thought you were one of 'the elite'. Was your 106 is a bit under your 'serious shooter' target? It would have put you half way down the lowly C class shooters results who are there just learning. I had a lovely 5 hour drive to Westfield for the Troy foods, shot very average 114, was 1% under this years FITASC average of 77%, next year target will be another 1 per hoop and hopefully be in the money, time will tell. All the best Matt, keep smiling pro!!!

Yeah they are all like compak, end of barrel stuff really, you could of course look up my averages from all grounds and then leap to more wild assumptions. Next time you are down this let me know, would be happy to shoot a round of sporting or fitasc with you, will let the shooting do the talking :)

Mount Farm...? West Yorkshire... Get a bit further south, that is nearly five hours in the car, so you have more chance of finding a scot with a sense of humour than getting me to drive five hours to a farm shoot :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Much more than a farm shoot, 120 good targets and a lovely golf clubhouse that becomes shoot clubhouse for the day!!! :) 5 hours, that's half way!!!

5 hours is half way! Can't you pop down to westfield? It's only a few more miles for you, I will buy breakfast, by which I mean a cup of tea :)

Back