Thames Valley firearms department

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GavB

Does anyone have any contact info for the TVP FEO. I can get through to the main department but through to my local FEO which used to be Steve King but he has now retired?

Your FEO will depend upon where within the Thames Valley Police area you live. Being such a large force they'll employ lots of them. 

Call their Firearms Licensing department, tell them where you live and they'll probably give you your FEO's mobile phone number.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been through their website and tried the numbers over the last few weeks during the opening times and no answer,and cant leave a message either so was wondering if the website was up to date?

Ive emailed thames Valley firearms department, hopefully they will give me different numbers. 

I emailed them to ask about progress on my wife's cert. They replied quite quickly. The renewal took almost 4 months though, even with no visit, just a phone call.

Just an updated European Firearms pass, which last time took a week! The department have had my pass for eight working days (recorded delivery)but somehow it hasnt found its way to the relevant office at the same address. Was hoping my local FEO could look into it for me?

That's terrible service. 

I was in a gunshop in Surrey today mentioned my cert is up this year they advised put in early as Surrey are taking ages due to staff changes. 

I was thinking 3 months early might do it even earlier. 

Do they date new cert from when the old one expires. 

Sent my renewal in at the end of Jan(27th) as a reminder letter came, cheque was cashed at the start of Feb, FEO is visiting this Monday 13th April. So if you have a renewal notice from TVP, I should get it in ASAP.

Same here. Reminder letter says give 8 weeks. Sent back end of Dec. Cheque cashed early Jan. They called to do a house visit 3 weeks before expiry 6th march. New cert arrived 6 days before old one expired. Previous renewal they were a lot faster.

When my FAO visited from Thames Valley he said there had been a lot of staff changes and cuts, so now applications were taking a lot longer.  My application took three months.

Looking through my old e-mails, this was the FAO that visited me.  :)

Chris Fenwick
Firearms Enquiries Officer
Newbury Police Station
Mill Lane
Newbury
Berks
RG14 5QU

Tel: 01635 264642
Fax: 01635 264651
Mobile: 07970 114158
[email protected]
[email protected]

clear.gif
clear.gif
clear.gif

Just had a visit from the above FEO, all above board.

While chatting he commented that the number of FEO's in the Thames Valley has been reduced to 9 from 12, thus they have extra work to do, and it is taking about 3 months for renewal etc. 

Also he said as of the 1st of April this year they have no working practices any more??? Looks like everything will be done over the Phone.

All seems a bit strange as the cost to grant/renew has just gone up.

Quick update - Firearms Pass arrived Friday 17th so 15 working days approximately to amend, not bad.

All correspondence that used to be covered by the now retired Steve King will go to his In-Tray to be answered as and when by the rest of the Team. If you are from my area you also cannot leave messages on the local FEO numbers.

Thanks for everyones help :)  

Latest posts

Back