stupid targets

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always refused to play football because the goal was only half the size it should be and they stand that awkward bloke in the way.

Ips have you had a go at compak,and i mean proper fitasc compak,its a good confidence booster as it tends to generate higher scores whilst still getting a good veriation of targets. 

Sporting is no longer designed to mimic game as such- it is a stand alone discipline in its own right.

This also allows people to see what a shotgun is capable of at ranges that they would not be confident taking live game at. You can consistently kill face/semi face on clays at an honest 70 yards with 8s, if they don't break they aren't stupid, just better than the shooters skill level.
OR NOT  !

Ips have you had a go at compak,and i mean proper fitasc compak,its a good confidence booster as it tends to generate higher scores whilst still getting a good veriation of targets. 
no I haven't Paul but I will put it on the "ips does..." List ?

Game shooters assume sporting means replica game shooting. It does not. What bird flies straight at you and lands almost near your feet. Sporting targets are very difficult for newcomers. My wife finds it devastatingly hard and gives up. (yes I say wife,we got married last month)

Game shooters assume sporting means replica game shooting. It does not. What bird flies straight at you and lands almost near your feet. Sporting targets are very difficult for newcomers. My wife finds it devastatingly hard and gives up. (yes I say wife,we got married last month)
Congratulations, mine is an occaisonal shooter, typically when it is warm, sunny and lunch promised afterwards 

Congratulations and tell her no giving up ?

Thanks guys but she really does find it hard even after having lessons. It is however better when the so called experts are held back from giving their free advice.

lessons for marriage.....whatever next ?

lessons for marriage.....whatever next ?
How about lessons for game shooting ?

I agree that there are plenty of very average game shots -  but I have seen some very good ones too....... 

Noted the comment from Will Hewland .Game shooting. A marvellous hiding place for the talentless. ?

"Clayshooting a marvellous pastime to keep incompetents from destroying a business " :D

no I haven't Paul but I will put it on the "ips does..." List ?
Ian, easy to have a go, one Sunday have a ride to Bobbin Mill at Scorton, have a go on their compak

will not be this Sunday though, will it :smile: as you will be going to the Country Fair at Scorton, unless your going Saturday that is, in which case come over to the scurry as I am working on the double marked retrieve in the morning

Ian, easy to have a go, one Sunday have a ride to Bobbin Mill at Scorton, have a go on their compak

will not be this Sunday though, will it :smile: as you will be going to the Country Fair at Scorton, unless your going Saturday that is, in which case come over to the scurry as I am working on the double marked retrieve in the morning
didn't know they had one at bobbin will check that out. ?

partridge day Cumbria on Saturday.

short legs and I plus our other halves will be at game fare on Sunday, are you on scurry on Sunday, oh and I have a feeling we may know each other unless your not who I think you are ?

didn't know they had one at bobbin will check that out. ?

partridge day Cumbria on Saturday.

short legs and I plus our other halves will be at game fare on Sunday, are you on scurry on Sunday, oh and I have a feeling we may know each other unless your not who I think you are ?
do not know for sure yet, could be there Sunday morning, will find out for sure tomorrow

ok let me know and we will say hello ?

shame, I cant do sat got partridge day ?

Latest posts

Back