Target distance

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AW13

I was trying to work out the distance to a target today which I guessed was about 70 ish yards away. It seemed very far.

It was a teal popping up over trees behind a bank so i had no clear view of the ground to estimate distance.

But, there was a very discernible delay between bang and the clay breaking. I managed 3 from 5.

Is there any way to gauge distance in these circumstances?

Thanks

I was trying to work out the distance to a target today which I guessed was about 70 ish yards away. It seemed very far.

It was a teal popping up over trees behind a bank so i had no clear view of the ground to estimate distance.

But, there was a very discernible delay between bang and the clay breaking. I managed 3 from 5.

Is there any way to gauge distance in these circumstances?

Thanks
Very difficult to judge range as most people tend to over rather than under estimate. I try and visualise a cricket pitch  at 22 yards and go from there.  DTL Traphouse is 16 yards from centre peg etc. I shot at a pair of overhead going away sim targets yesterday. 4 pairs  I hit 1. Coming off the stand, I realised that due to their being midis, I had grossly over estimated the lead required. I went back, cut the lead in half and dusted 2 pairs  !

we debate this a lot over 100esp     could course setters measure and  show distance     or too much hassle ?    golfers get this  data  !

we debate this a lot over 100esp     could course setters measure and  show distance     or too much hassle ?    golfers get this  data  !
Why should they - All to make it easier?

Surely thats where some of the skill in shooting comes from - Learning how to judge distance, speed and angles, all part of the fun.

Golf is a totally different ball game!!!!!!!!!!

Why should they - All to make it easier?

Surely thats where some of the skill in shooting comes from - Learning how to judge distance, speed and angles, all part of the fun.

Golf is a totally different ball game!!!!!!!!!!
steady tiger , i was only using golf as a analogy   , i like easy , obviously you don't need any help  in building scores ?   do you shoot reg shoots ?   at my level i will take all the help available   👍

Latest posts

Back