Sporting Shoots; where- and how was it? (2018)

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a great coaching session earlier, but made the mistake of putting 25 through the K80 Parcours at the end as a play on a range of targets. 

I absolutely loved the stupid thing. 

Loan? 

Had a great coaching session earlier, but made the mistake of putting 25 through the K80 Parcours at the end as a play on a range of targets. 

I absolutely loved the stupid thing. 

Loan? 
I made a similar mistake.  Went to a Kreighoff open day at Sporting Targets.  Balance is perfect for me and the trigger is the best of any gun I've shot.  Several years later, no regrets.

Off to EJC shortly.  First Reg for a couple of weeks as I've been avoiding them in heavy rain and high winds after a miserable day at Kibworth a month ago.

Ian Coley Summer series final yesterday. Weather was kind to us and the targets were great!

Going in to the final shoot I was in 3rd place for the series but managed to put a big enough score in to move up to joint 1st in B for the series. We decided to split rather than shoot off so both went away happy. 

Pleased to have won it in C and B class. A and AA is going to be a bit more of a challenge....

EJC monthly Registered Sporting today.  Terrible start on a report pair of driven targets, where I managed to drop 6 from 8.  My only other really poor stands was 4, where I misread the second bird not giving it quite enough on the first two pairs and also managed to drop two of the crossers on that as well.  Shot the second half of the course pretty well and clawed back to finish three above my current average. Straighting the last two stands helped.

Last edited by a moderator:
I too shot EJC and had a very good shoot both in terms of score but more importantly just feeling happy again and calm and my squad were great.   Started on stand 6 and shot 40 straight which I’ve never done.  Then of course came the driven losing 5.  The rest were simply lapses.   Finished on 87.  The stew was delicious although could have been a little hotter.

I too shot EJC and had a very good shoot both in terms of score but more importantly just feeling happy again and calm and my squad were great.   Started on stand 6 and shot 40 straight which I’ve never done.  Then of course came the driven losing 5.  The rest were simply lapses.   Finished on 87.  The stew was delicious although could have been a little hotter.
Well shot Sian, it was good to see you looking happy and enjoying your shooting.  You were leading A class when I left.

Ian Coley Summer series final yesterday. Weather was kind to us and the targets were great!

Going in to the final shoot I was in 3rd place for the series but managed to put a big enough score in to move up to joint 1st in B for the series. We decided to split rather than shoot off so both went away happy. 

Pleased to have won it in C and B class. A and AA is going to be a bit more of a challenge....
Very well done Doug, see that little dip you had a month back was just a small blip, yes some big sharks in A even bigger sharks with lots of sharp teeth in AA (oh plus those AAAs)

Again, not really a shoot but another coaching session at Sporting Targets. Day went very well, shooting a Blaser F16 1/2 & 3/4  chokes. I really like this gun. Started with a little single incoming, then R-L rabbit on report before moving on a chandelle,  over head driven on report. All went belly up on a L-R crosser off the tower at the end of the session. I kept missing over top, lead and swing spot on, then got under it corrected and started missing behind. About 10 shots and didn’t hit a single one. Never happened to me before. Usually I get it right within four o five at the most so a wee bit frustrating. Still I now have another goal to work on for my next session. 

Off to Coniston on Sunday with my son :)

Just got back from AGL. Feeling a bit beaten up to be honest. Wasn't shooting my best, but felt that it was set pretty tough. Two stands I had major problems with and didn't think there were many soft targets there today.

Honesberie for the national intercounties shoot. Didn't make the H/W team as AA and 86 average from 4000 targets doesn't seem good enough . Anyway moving on.  Tougher today than of late but still a very good shoot and enjoyed it. One gripe stand 13, an orange on grey sky impossible for me to pick up properly. Just put a black clay on. The second target here was black and clearly visible . It's not clever, just silly.  To be clear this was a very good shoot . MM 95 will take some beating. Happy with 84 . A few glum faces around. 

Jasper.

Owls for me, good shoot but I started bad and never really recovered.  Just one target I couldn’t see but I wasn’t the only one a green coming down a bank and only really visible just before it hit the deck.   Enjoyed the pool shoot as well.

honesberie and something else tomorrow.  Shooting for Greater London but don’t know why we are bothering.  We’ve got just six of us for the senior team, couldn’t make a ladies team or juniors or vets. 

honesberie and something else tomorrow.  Shooting for Greater London but don’t know why we are bothering.  We’ve got just six of us for the senior team, couldn’t make a ladies team or juniors or vets. 
That’s a shame Sian, I don’t think the county level stuff is advertised anywhere near enough to get the interest. It took me ages digging around to find out anything about the Essex team and it seems they only really shoot dtl and double rise.  Hope you manage to have a decent day out despite the lack of team members 

Honesberie today for Gloucestershire....I shot an 88 but should of been 4 or 5 more....still a great showing from the rest of Glos A team seniors!

99 was winning 

IMG_6772.PNG

That’s a shame Sian, I don’t think the county level stuff is advertised anywhere near enough to get the interest. It took me ages digging around to find out anything about the Essex team and it seems they only really shoot dtl and double rise.  Hope you manage to have a decent day out despite the lack of team members 
It is a shame.  Think more trap shooters in London or so it seems in Pull write ups.   I fancy a day in my pyjamas really but I’ve said I’ll shoot so I go.  Rain I think tomorrow ☹️

Thanks.Didn't see that out there . Superb.

Jasper 

Last edited by a moderator:
Honesberie for the national intercounties shoot. Didn't make the H/W team as AA and 86 average from 4000 targets doesn't seem good enough . Anyway moving on.  Tougher today than of late but still a very good shoot and enjoyed it. One gripe stand 13, an orange on grey sky impossible for me to pick up properly. Just put a black clay on. The second target here was black and clearly visible . It's not clever, just silly.  To be clear this was a very good shoot . MM 95 will take some beating. Happy with 84 . A few glum faces around. 

Jasper.
Im looking forward to shooting this tomorrow. Hoping the rain isn’t as bad as forecast 😫

Latest posts

Back