Sporting Shoots; where- and how was it? (2018)

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Court Farm for me yesterday.  Misread the second bird on 1 until the last pair (missing in front) and the first bird on 7 until the last pair (behind).  Usual dislike of sim pairs that are basically doing the same thing and dropped five on Stand 4.  Got a weird overhead on 11 on the last pair, which curled left and down for some reason when none of the others had, missed that pair.  Otherwise it was just odd misses here and there for an 80.

We did Court Farm too, it was a disaster for me, especially as my shooting partner Phil got highest score. I did badly on 1, fine on 2 - 3 - 4 but it went downhill somewhere along the way, just too many silly mistakes.

I thought the last stand was fiendish with a stalling bright green clay against the bright grey sky, somewhat of an eye test. Overall quite enjoyable.

We did Court Farm too, it was a disaster for me, especially as my shooting partner Phil got highest score. I did badly on 1, fine on 2 - 3 - 4 but it went downhill somewhere along the way, just too many silly mistakes.

I thought the last stand was fiendish with a stalling bright green clay against the bright grey sky, somewhat of an eye test. Overall quite enjoyable.
The green thing was an eyesight test.  No idea why they didn't just use black clays on that target, it would have been perfectly visible.  Enjoyed the stand with two battues.  They do satisfyingly turn to dust when you hit them full face.

Thoroughly enjoyed shooting the Pro One Challenge at Barbury this weekend. Extended BBQ on the Saturday lead to a fuzzy start on Sunday due to tiredness. 

This week sees the August instalment of the Ian Coley Summer Series, followed by a real plethora of shoots on Sunday. I think I'll be at Honesberie and then Westfield as its the count championships.

Also Court Farm, not usually my fave place as it redefines the term tricky, with so much edgey slowing stuff. Good place to try out a newly sorted stock, which I’m very pleased with.

Damaged a good card with dropping 4 on that stand in the corner. Only hit the orange crosser once, taking the beak off and then missed the white one on that pair as I was wondering if I’d hit the orange.. so 4/8 there. Missed a complete pair on stand 4? The sim rising pair. Finished on 89, in the money at least. 

Really poor day at Greenfields reg, managed almost 10 birds below my average !!😦 

Also Court Farm, not usually my fave place as it redefines the term tricky, with so much edgey slowing stuff. Good place to try out a newly sorted stock, which I’m very pleased with.

Damaged a good card with dropping 4 on that stand in the corner. Only hit the orange crosser once, taking the beak off and then missed the white one on that pair as I was wondering if I’d hit the orange.. so 4/8 there. Missed a complete pair on stand 4? The sim rising pair. Finished on 89, in the money at least. 
I thought I saw you Will but wasn't sure, perhaps you had a different skeet vest.

I missed the first white incomer on the corner stand then a pair due to trigger freeze which was annoying.  Well done for 89

This week sees the August instalment of the Ian Coley Summer Series, followed by a real plethora of shoots on Sunday. I think I'll be at Honesberie and then Westfield as its the count championships.
Shooting road trip planned in our new (to us) motorhome.  EJC Saturday, Honesberie and maybe Gatton Bottom on the way home on Sunday.

Barbury on Saturday which I thoroughly enjoyed and given the week I had it was a bit of light relief.  I shot well and bagged fourth in ladies.  Also bought myself the progressive cherry Pilla lense.   Sunday Fitasc at Southdown, shot okay but missed a few I knew I shouldn’t - missed them in the singles but got them in the pairs!   been struggling with my mount recently and shooting high.  Was on a squad with Kenny Bennett who has made a suggestion and we have moved the butt pad and lowered the adjustable stock and I went back out and shot a layout with him.   I seemed to do well although the lead is now different from right to left but I was getting them and so I shall see how it goes.  

Shooting road trip planned in our new (to us) motorhome.  EJC Saturday, Honesberie and maybe Gatton Bottom on the way home on Sunday.
That sounds like a great weekend!

EJC have the SxS as well as a normal registered don’t they? Does anyone know if they’ll be separate courses this time or is it likely to be a nightmare like last time?

That sounds like a great weekend!

EJC have the SxS as well as a normal registered don’t they? Does anyone know if they’ll be separate courses this time or is it likely to be a nightmare like last time?
They’ve had same course for SXS and Reg for years now. Personally I don’t think it’s been the best solution, but wasn’t aware of a nightmare last year, what happened Doug?

They’ve had same course for SXS and Reg for years now. Personally I don’t think it’s been the best solution, but wasn’t aware of a nightmare last year, what happened Doug?
Was this the one where it took 4-6 hours to shoot? I wasn’t there I should add! Trying to recall from memory.

Ill try to be there on Saturday anyway, it’s a rare treat being able to shoot a weekend registered there!

Was this the one where it took 4-6 hours to shoot? I wasn’t there I should add! Trying to recall from memory.

Ill try to be there on Saturday anyway, it’s a rare treat being able to shoot a weekend registered there!
I'm pretty sure I was at the last SXS one and it was fine. The one they got wrong was a few months ago when they overran a corporate event into the Thursday reg. This one being a Saturday has the potential for going either way, depending on how they have sold other activities. I plan to go.

I'm pretty sure I was at the last SXS one and it was fine. The one they got wrong was a few months ago when they overran a corporate event into the Thursday reg. This one being a Saturday has the potential for going either way, depending on how they have sold other activities. I plan to go.
I shall see you there hopefully 😃

Latest posts

Back