Sporting Shoots; where- and how was it? (2018)

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Donna.  Afraid not we will be in Wales as we are shooting the Perazzi and staying with my parents which I’m so glad about.
Hi Sian sorry to hear your sad news my condolences . I may see you at the Perazzi at mid wales I'm shooting it tomorrow have a safe trip over  :thumbsup:

Shot the perazzi today, the red course is fairly straight forward, however stand one does have a very ,very decent teal. The green course is a lot more technical , do not underestimate it, I did and the wheels fell off 😪

Westfield for me today. Still using my Perazzi, which feels great mostly, but again cost me on some close rabbits, just felt different there. I thought it was a really nice course; nothing extreme and nothing soppy, lots of variety. The only downside was 10 stands as short of refs. (Not surprised as I had to choose from 5 possible shoots on today). Finished on 89. As ever I felt 5 misses were very avoidable in theory. 

Westfield for me today. Still using my Perazzi, which feels great mostly, but again cost me on some close rabbits, just felt different there. I thought it was a really nice course; nothing extreme and nothing soppy, lots of variety. The only downside was 10 stands as short of refs. (Not surprised as I had to choose from 5 possible shoots on today). Finished on 89. As ever I felt 5 misses were very avoidable in theory. 
Nice to meet you today Will .... finished on a 91 ... felt I left a fair few out there today also 

IMG_6213.JPG

I went to Honesberie on Sunday. I would normally visit Grange as well but I had a lunch reservation so even doing the one was a rush. This showed a bit as I managed to miss two clays on Every. Single. Stand. 

Very sloppy! Ended on 78. Really enjoyable course and I think the course setter has really found the balance now 

Looking for something to shoot this week? 

The Pro One Challenge starts this Thursday 1st August at Barbury Shooting School

120 ESP Open

Payout to 6th in Class (AAA, AA, A, B & C)

Payout to 4th in Categories (VET, LDY, JNR)

Spaces available on all 4 days - book in now! 872302D5-28A4-42DA-9EE4-28D2C41FAD62.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking for something to shoot this week? 

The Pro One Challenge starts this Thursday 1st August at Barbury Shooting School

120 ESP Open

Payout to 6th in Class (AAA, AA, A, B & C)

Payout to 4th in Categories (VET, LDY, JNR)

Spaces available on all 4 days - book in now! View attachment 7800
Looking forward to this. Shooting it on Sunday morning with some of the team from Honesberie 👍

Good planning / luck meant able to get to two mid week shoots, Oxfordshire yesterday, now its a tight ground and 100 was always a squeeze, 10 stands of 10 gave little room for error, and certainly not the size of errors I made, it was though a most pleasant day out on a friendly ground with a very "cheap" £36 comp entry!

EJChurchill today, a crack of dawn work start / goodly finish meant able to be there for before 11, did not seem busy, more a gentle walk around the stands (went st1-9, 11-10-12) had a steady start, odd brain fart yes, quite a pleasing 7/8 off the platform an incoming white & near invisible going away blue, wheels & cart off on st5 a r-l pacy orange & ditto l-r green, say pacy as the were just a blur to these eyes, it was worse on st6 a rising orange r-l into the white cloud and a pink l-r doing same, just blurs to this old un, 3/18 across the two stands, a loss of 15 targets. Last 6 stands, which I thought had a decent challenge or three dropped just the odd one / two, finished with a 7 in front that did not at all look likely after st5 & 6 horror showing.Did see the gals in Sian & Jane looking spendid as always.

HG was 85 when I handed card in at 12.30, left after a coffee & chin wag it was showing a 97 and a 95, however it did look like many struggled today so maybe my old mince pies are, on all these coloured clays not quite the handicap I think they are.

Lovely to see you Rich.  Two days on the trot at EJC for me. Shot the Fitasc there yesterday which I enjoyed. Today the sporting I lost 10 clays on two stands, the first was at moaner where you had the r/l orange and left away going right pink.  I was going fine then a very pale orange appeared and after that I missed everything on that stand. My own fault but it pisses me off, premier ground and you get a sunbaked clay!  I also lost four unforgivably on a steady stand after moaner.   The one near the grouse butt I missed one.  The one up the scaffolding missed 1 stupid blue, stupid colour.  The rest were just here and there.  We started in the middle section, two straights then two lost in the bomb hole which again was me just not being steady with the crow.  78 I think, definitely should have done better.

EJC for me as well. Bumped into Sian and Jane as they were finishing and I was about to start. 5 and 6 did for me as well. Dropped 12 on those two stands. I could see them but I was struggling to push the lead out to what was needed for some reason. Started finding them towards the end of the stand, but too late to do much good. 

Otherwise mostly steady, but a couple of annoying dropped pairs and a few occasions of being on them and them losing my way. 73, but felt even ignoring stands 5 and 6 it is 5 or 6 clays light of where I should have been.

I did EJC too, well twice actually..

First go was using my Perazzi and I did a tatty 83. 97 HG was bonkers round there, it was no walk over.

Got home and my newly modified Blaser stock had been delivered, so I put it all back together, set the comb and went back to EJC. (It’s only 20 minutes). The first three stands I shot were 1, 2 and 4 where I dropped 9! Ouch, cold chill regarding my cunning new stock. Then I realised I was just going in front of everything, having the heavier Perazzi in my head and changed tack. Over the remaining 9 stands I dropped three clays, straighting the last 6 so was very happy. OK, I had shot it previously but was still glad, especially being 1 away on stand 6 in the Moaner and straight on stand 10 (left of East). 

Promising start for the modified stock. Hope it continues when it matters.

Moaner stand ?
The area is called the Moaner as it’s furthest place from Clubhouse and people moan if they have to go there.. Just round from Grouse butt.  It was a fast rising r-l orange crosser followed by a slower pink l-r rising today. 

The area is called the Moaner as it’s furthest place from Clubhouse and people moan if they have to go there.. Just round from Grouse butt.  It was a fast rising r-l orange crosser followed by a slower pink l-r rising today. 
I thought it was a name given to a sour faced ref or something. 

Latest posts

Back