Sporting Shoots; where- and how was it? (2018)

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Southdown on Sunday for the England qualifier managed an 86 felt I left at least  5 out there

95 was HG
I shot Southdown on Sunday, I arrived about 11:30, did the pool shoot so didn't start the sporting until gone 12:00. It was OK at first but very busy down the far end of the lane. It was windy, there were queues and I put in my worst score for years. I'm dreaming of calm sunny days or even just calm days!

Last edited by a moderator:
I shot Southdown on Sunday, I arrived about 11:30, did the pool shoot so didn't start the sporting until gone 12:00. It was OK at first but very busy down the far end of the lane. It was windy, there were queues and I put in my worst score for years. I'm dreaming of calm sunny days or even just calm days!
At least you didn't vomit along the way 🤣

Very enjoyable afternoon at the Hornet (College Farm) FITASC registered today. Started well with a 24, then faded as the day went on, trying too hard I think, finished 85. Some great targets though. Very tired now, it does drain the brain.

“At least you didn't vomit along the way 🤣

Just as well all I didn’t take the dog down the lane today then !!

I hope you have now recovered. Was it something you ate?

Do they allow dogs at Southdown then ? 

I don’t know, I couldn’t think of anything I had eaten to cause it but I bumped into someone who had it the day before like a 24 hr thing ad it was the same for me the next day I felt fine.  Just a shame it spoiled my shoot.

Very enjoyable afternoon at the Hornet (College Farm) FITASC registered today. Started well with a 24, then faded as the day went on, trying too hard I think, finished 85. Some great targets though. Very tired now, it does drain the brain.
Wrong topic Will !!!......not FITASC here ...... 🤣

You reminded someone else of this the other day !

Wrong topic Will !!!......not FITASC here ...... 🤣

You reminded someone else of this the other day !
FITASC Sporting is sporting Phil.. Admittedly it’s a French variant, so I thought it best to have a bash now, before Brexit gets it taken off the table..

it didn't seem to put you off, I think it was you that I saw doing well on the sim blue looper.
you caught me in a good moment, I had some terrible stands, quite literally not finding clays I would normally be okay with.  I had shot 5 or 6 stands feeling extremely off before the exorcist moment and then it didn't get much better after that.  Really a shame as I liked the course.

EJ Churchill STR today. Always good. First layout was just lots of high loopers and crossers, nothing nasty, so 23 was not actually great there. The next three layouts were much tougher, with layout three being impressive at any level! Finished on 84, which won A class and was third overall. Admittedly not a huge entry..

And rounded off a busy shooting week with RBSS Handicap Challenge. As feared, I missed 7 clays where I had done well last time, but at least did better overall by curing some of the initially bad stands. Straighted the 20 sequence and did 18/20 in the Grouse to prop myself up for 85 plus 5 handicap. Very good course. 

70 at Horne, feel I lost a good 8-10 across the first 3 stands. I definitely need to “warm up” which is what I did last week at my local club before shooting the reg - and winning the class.

Think I’ll be a pool shoot chap from now on. 

Just arrived at Dartford for second shoot, never been here before so let’s see how I get on. 

70 at Horne, feel I lost a good 8-10 across the first 3 stands. I definitely need to “warm up” which is what I did last week at my local club before shooting the reg - and winning the class.

Think I’ll be a pool shoot chap from now on. 

Just arrived at Dartford for second shoot, never been here before so let’s see how I get on. 
Good to see you albeit briefly, at Horne. 87, but I wonder if that wasn’t their highest scoring shoot, I certainly struggled and felt a twit at least 7 times. A few long slow crossers beat me up, but that’s just me not being consistent on them today. Others were just fiddly targets, hard to nail down consistently. I was glad to straight stand 3 which was an awkward 5 sim pairs.

Just got home from Horne got a 65 with my new guerini so was happy with that 

took some time to get used to the extra weight compared to my ATA 

Just Dartford for me today. Enjoyed it, but seem to be having trouble with what should be straight forward mid pace crossers.  Mashed the big looper on Stand 2, but couldn't get on the relatively straight forward one on Stand 3. Need to work on switching techniques more. I'm better taking that sort of target earlier with more gun speed, but seem to get stuck in a rut trying to use a slower pull away as I would on the longer targets.

ETA finished on 72

Latest posts

Back