Sporting Shoots; where- and how was it? (2018)

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done Will. The scores weren't as high as I was expecting them to be when I got back to the clubhouse either. Only stands I dropped more than a single clay on were 13 (driven only hit one of each) 14 (missed 3 of the l-r off the tower) and the sim teal (hit all the first birds but not a single one on the drop). Was very pleased to straight the stand with the high r-l off the tower.
That sim teal seemed to fluctuate a fair bit. The trap gods were on my side as managed 3 pairs killed with one shot.

That sim teal seemed to fluctuate a fair bit. The trap gods were on my side as managed 3 pairs killed with one shot.
Jammy git! I watched Andy Seaman miss with first shot, then hit the pair with the second shot! This stand scuppered most shooters I was told. Certainly saw some good guys lose a few there.

Well shot Will !!

Agree with you a fantastic shooting ground, apart from 3/4 stands mainly poor targets.

Scores are up.  Well done Mr Hewland, you stayed ahead and took high gun.  I'm gobsmacked that I had joint third highest lady, with the same score as Amy Easeman (who is a far better shot than I). 

Scores are up.  Well done Mr Hewland, you stayed ahead and took high gun.  I'm gobsmacked that I had joint third highest lady, with the same score as Amy Easeman (who is a far better shot than I). 
Thanks and very well done yourself! 

Thanks and very well done yourself! 
I've just gone through a shockingly bad patch, had my gun fit checked and altered two weeks ago as a result and it just seemed to all come together today.  The physio I had yesterday on my dodgy neck / shoulder probably played a part as well, as I felt like I was moving much more freely.  Will certainly help me regain my confidence a bit.

Were are the scores up please 

I went to West London too, Ground looked lovely and enjoyed seeing the Red Devils  come over.  I shot 77, missed 5 driven and a number of very slow birds.  These did not suit me today, too much time to think, my weakness so must try harder.    The tower ones etc etc I did fine with.  So I’m going to say I found all your easy ones hard today.  I’m not going to do them down, they were good enough to put on a premier league for us and I think it may well be the last.  They can make so much more just opening up to lessons and game shooter who want to practise.  The only criticism would be the stand to the right of the pond where you had the wooden stake across the Shooting area.  First pair missed because my ample bosom was the same height and got caught on the bar.  The next three pairs I got as  I stood on tiptoe to avoid that and hit the rabbit and then adjusted for the second bird.   I spoke to  Amy, she had a bad day as she is quite capable of shooting most of those without concern usually.  I’m starting to wonder what it is we really want from course setters and I wouldn’t be one for the world.  

Forgot to say well done Will, whatever the difficulty or lack of it as people see to get 97 is outstanding in my book.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done you! Just looked at scores and you beat some top ladies. Keep it up.  👏 

If these were "easy" floppers some sure made hard work of them. 

Didn't think a fitting example would come so early ref my earlier thread 😊 but I rest mecase. 💅  

Super job Mr. Hewland 👏 , I would take a 97 on any layout (Skeet included) any day. 
I would certainly say there were 5 stands with slow close clays that did not feel like they “belonged” on a good Reg shoot. My attitude towards them was “be careful, you’ve got no pattern to play with, try and middle every one”. Having got through that stuff, there was almost a shock factor when trickier longer stuff appeared. I don’t know why some days I can cope with it all. Often, I can’t. 

Latest posts

Back