Sporting Shoots; where- and how was it? (2018)

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AGL for me tomorrow and Court Farm on Monday.  Couple of local shoots in between, unless I feel all keen and drive to Owls Lodge on Saturday (unlikely).

Didn't shoot eriswell but I did highwayman's. I shot 79 just under my average. The battue on stand 4 or 5 needed a massive gap 
I hit the last one of the battues on 4. One one of the 3 I got wrong. The others were the crosser on stand 3, reckon I was just in front of the first one then kept giving it more, and the quick quartering crosser thing on stand 8 I think. 

I hit the last one of the battues on 4. One one of the 3 I got wrong. The others were the crosser on stand 3, reckon I was just in front of the first one then kept giving it more, and the quick quartering crosser thing on stand 8 I think. 
I never hit that one on stand 3. It was quite a distance but going very slowly. I gave it what I was certain was the right lead and missed so next time I did exactly the same thing with exactly the same result. So next time I gave it more- missed, and the last one I cut right back and missed again. Asked my mates who all hit it and one said it needed nothing 3ft and the other said big gap 8ft. So iam still none the wiser.

I never hit that one on stand 3. It was quite a distance but going very slowly. I gave it what I was certain was the right lead and missed so next time I did exactly the same thing with exactly the same result. So next time I gave it more- missed, and the last one I cut right back and missed again. Asked my mates who all hit it and one said it needed nothing 3ft and the other said big gap 8ft. So iam still none the wiser.
Looking at your posts you needed more choke  :lol:

Big weekend of shooting coming up. Thank god for payday....

Friday - Edgehill to shoot some skeet, ABT and DTL

Saturday - Lesson at Honesberie then meeting up with friends to shoot some more

Sunday - 'All Round' at Orston

Monday - Longridge

That's probably 500 shells, which is a lot for me. Appreciate that's just an average week for some on here  :lol:
What is Edgehill like Doug? I fancy trying it sometime.

Using a premium cartridge like jockers cylinder should break them 
I take it your taking the piss  :cool:  unless your using a beretta that would work

Last edited by a moderator:
What is Edgehill like Doug? I fancy trying it sometime.
It's a great little setup. Skeet targets seem to have a slightly different path than the ones I shot at Cosford the other week but I've not got the experience to know if they look 'right'!

They've got Sporting, Compak, DTL, ABT, UT and Skeet. 

Sporting stands have the timed released buttons. Trap sheds have voice release; it's just the skeet you need a button pusher/friend on. 30p a clay so really great to have so close to home! Give me a shout if you want to pop there some time for some practice  :)

It's a great little setup. Skeet targets seem to have a slightly different path than the ones I shot at Cosford the other week but I've not got the experience to know if they look 'right'!

They've got Sporting, Compak, DTL, ABT, UT and Skeet. 

Sporting stands have the timed released buttons. Trap sheds have voice release; it's just the skeet you need a button pusher/friend on. 30p a clay so really great to have so close to home! Give me a shout if you want to pop there some time for some practice  :)
Cheers Doug, will do. Looks like a nice little ground. 30p a clay makes it very attractive compared to some grounds...

Shot AGL today,1hr and 30min from me,thought I’d get there early and whizz around before it got busy.only took me 5hrs to get around 😩haven’t shot there for a long time as I’m too lazy to put in the road miles required.was a pretty steady shoot i would say,had a bad start missing some very silly ones,4away in first 4 stands,managed to get my head back on straight and finish on 92.most difficult bit for me today was not losing the will to live whilst waiting,still beats working tho.didnt look at scores but i imagine they’ll be high in general.

AGL. Oh wow, car park rammed to creative levels at 9.15am.  If I hadn’t travelled a fair way to get there, I would have turned around and gone home. We started shooting at 9.45 and finished at 2.15pm in the rain. A good course, but 300+ entries all trying to get round in the morning made for a tough time. My last two stands had about 25 shooters waiting. Maddening as there were several empty stands. 

I could have shot a lot better on two or three stands, (three times I missed a pair while hitting the rest) so way out the results with 87. 

At what point should a ground stop selling cards..? Tough one..

Shot AGL today,1hr and 30min from me,thought I’d get there early and whizz around before it got busy.only took me 5hrs to get around 😩haven’t shot there for a long time as I’m too lazy to put in the road miles required.was a pretty steady shoot i would say,had a bad start missing some very silly ones,4away in first 4 stands,managed to get my head back on straight and finish on 92.most difficult bit for me today was not losing the will to live whilst waiting,still beats working tho.didnt look at scores but i imagine they’ll be high in general.
99 from Billy Baughan, superb shooting.

"At what point should a ground stop selling cards..?" at the time they stipulate in the advertisement doesn't sound like they have a problem with repeat business as this seems to be a regular comment for AGl ,if it were your business can you honestly say you would?

Reactions: PKB
Back