Sporting Shoots; where- and how was it? (2018)

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eriswell and Highwaymans for us.   Started bright at Eriswell but breezy and cold.  Highwaymans the sky turned grey, tried to sleet and was windy and bitterly cold.  Cannot wait for warm weather.  Enjoyed the shoots, some tricky ones at both.  Should have gone in Ladies at Highwaymans -  would have come 1st instead of joint 4th in class oh well.
Some deceptive targets at highwayman's they looked like they needed a huge lead and only needed a moderate amount.

Some deceptive targets at highwayman's they looked like they needed a huge lead and only needed a moderate amount.
2 stands at Highwaymans cost me 10 Targets between them, one was the teal and r/l crosser missed all four teal and one crosser -and the other was the sim orange and black l/r where I couldn’t help but shoot in front missed 5 there.  The other 10 were just either sloppy attempts or wind got them just as you shot.

I just shot eriswell on Sunday. To cold to bother with highwaymans as well. Shot 85 so pretty happy shot 7 stands of 7 though so just a little sloppy. Enjoyed the round though 

College Farm today, in the cold and wind, with some rain at the end.. I thought it was pretty tough with no fill-in stands. I had a nightmare on the easiest looking stand on the course, hitting a perplexing 4/8. Very cross.. I finished on 89, with about 10 kills feeling like luck or a great relief, it was that sort of shoot. Argun Ismet did a 90 on my squad. I think HG will be 93/94. A great shoot, but tough on beginners. 

Plenty of long targets at College, most notably a 50-60 yard battue, thrown from the floor that was slightly quartering away and arcing well. Glad to only miss one of those.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hornet, blessed with sunshine & warmer than of late so no frozen hands, on at 10 in quite a merry gang of six. For me a roller coaster shoot as I managed to hit most of the long / big / challengeing targets only to switch off mentally on some stands and really should have done “better”

Was treated to seeing some top drawer shooting by Ade Johnson & Nick Portlock whose 93 will take some bettering I feel

For me, a C class muddlier I thought it was a very good shoot and the type of which Id gladly shoot again

Went to 4C this morning. Started off badly - probably not helped by a banging headache (not alcohol induced either). Managed to sort myself out for the 2nd half of the course dropping just 5 clays from the last 7 stands but the damage was already done earlier so ended on an 83. One of my better scores at 4C so can't grumble.

WestonWood with Bunter, we both hand an enjoyable morning out,  bar two stands that found me out / wanting one felt that Id shot far better than the 69 on the card, one is always prone to the odd / lots of mistakes, however overall one was 😊 bunny today. Again Bunter took family honours only just mind on a 71, too few scores on screen when we left so unaware of high gun scores, and lots of AAA superstars on parade.

Local Sunday Open competition at Willow Farm as there were no Reg shoots within 2hrs today.  Finished on 55 from 70.  Only messed up one stand, but dropped plenty of ones and two's elsewhere.

Weston Wood for me today,my sloppy form continues,threw away at least 4 or 5 clays by overleading,couldn’t find the concentration required to grind out the straights,so lots of stands with 2 away.steady enough course with something for everyone thrown in.still enjoyed myself tho in amongst beating myself up for stupid schoolboy errors!!big plus for me was my mate drove so managed a couple of cheeky beers before lunch!!🍻finished on 86.as usual a case of should of,would have and could have!!!all good fun tho👍

Weston Wood for me today,my sloppy form continues,threw away at least 4 or 5 clays by overleading,couldn’t find the concentration required to grind out the straights,so lots of stands with 2 away.steady enough course with something for everyone thrown in.still enjoyed myself tho in amongst beating myself up for stupid schoolboy errors!!big plus for me was my mate drove so managed a couple of cheeky beers before lunch!!🍻finished on 86.as usual a case of should of,would have and could have!!!all good fun tho👍
You AA boys racking in 85+ scores and thats sloppy? Chap Its much better than that 👏 you

Gutted Weston Wood is going,have been spoilt being only 30mins from there and the same from Westfield,going to have to dig my passport out soon😅

Also Weston, pretty busy, we walked round the ground twice to avoid big queues.

I thought there were very few easier stands, which made the two 97s on the board when I left impressive. RF and Matt Hance though..

I missed two on the sim pink aways stand, which was really the only place I was cross about. Finished on 90, well out of the money, but the place is full of AAA talent, so hey ho. I enjoyed it..

Orston today a good round with some nice long crossers and loopers. 90 was high when we left but I saw a couple of big names there so will probably be higher. I hit 86 which I was fairly pleased with. My first shoot after believing all the hype and investing in a hugely expensive pair of purple lens glasses.

IMG_20180218_205438.jpg

IMG_20180218_210056.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Weston Wood this morning, despite the number of people there I got round in fairly good time. 

Enjoyable shoot today, thought it was tougher than the one there a couple of weeks a go, finished on 80 - just have to stop over-leading stuff.

Orston today a good round with some nice long crossers and loopers. 90 was high when we left but I saw a couple of big names there so will probably be higher. I hit 86 which I was fairly pleased with. My first shoot after believing all the hype and investing in a hugely expensive pair of purple lens glasses.

View attachment 7066

View attachment 7069
They look great,that padded case that comes with them looks the size of a small sofa!!

I haven’t shot clays for 2 weeks now, will be 3 weeks by the time the premier league comes around on Saturday! 

Only time I pulled the trigger was on a bit of roost shooting last night 

036F99BA-E890-44A1-A276-99D2A2DEBB7A.jpeg

Latest posts

Back