SP1 vs 682 Gold E? Opinions on gun purchase decision..

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update: EJ Churchill are collecting the gun on Monday, who'll return it to Browning. 

Apparently under statutory right they (Browning) have one chance to repair it, otherwise it'll be a new gun. 

Not ideal timing when I'm booked on a 6th Dec instruction with Ben Husthwaite!

Gun now collected by Jon Ward of Churchills, and away to Browning it goes for Wednesday.

It's hopefully going to be sorted. The shop have been really good about it, picking it up, talk of replacement/refund/repair as appropriate.

I guess that's what happens when you go to a shop with prestige such as Churchills - I did have a laugh with Jon on his way out about holding fire on my Facebook review however  :laugh:

Ready for collection, so a decent turnaround (matter of a couple days) by both Browning and Churchill’s.

Apparently a new forend was fitted so with any luck it’ll be sorted! 

Well, bit of an update for those who followed this thread initially and anybody else interested. 

It all started out as a Silver Pigeon vs a 682 Gold E decision, ending up with the purchase of a new Browning 725 Sporter II.

Unfortunately it hasn't worked out with the 725 and this weekend it'll be going back to EJ Churchill. I have to say EJ (Jon) has been exceptional in terms of customer service so really can't recommend him enough. 

The issues I've experienced:

• A loose and clicking fore-end (as described earlier in this thread) repaired once by Browning but happening again
  • Rust spots developing on the action housing and the rib (after 4 months from now)
  • Pitting on the firing pins (if this was in isolation I wouldn't be put out)
Annoyingly I have been shooting OK with it (after all still less than 6 months into picking up a shotgun and scoring B class in reg) but it's just never "felt right".

Game plan is return to EJ this weekend, credit, and then being the search for a replacement.

Early contenders are the Miroku MK38 (trap) and the Beretta 692.

Will update this resurrected post with any developments.....

Latest posts

Back