Southern Counties decision notice

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would in order to secure the future of a ground and it's way over 200 miles for me. Not On This Occasion Of Course As I Get the Strong Impression From Guru That It's futile :)

Didn't know there was a ground at Nelson.

Oh sorry I was thinking Nelson I'm Lancs. Oops. I will get me coat :)

Is it still going to be a shooting ground HDAV?
Guess thats up to the new owner whoever they may be, been a shooting ground since the 50's so hopefully it will continue but the way the land is/was parcelled up not ideal IMO the parcel with the shoot on i don't think is big enough to support the shoot (fallout) so would potentially need multiple new owners to agree.  If one person bought the whole lot..... then they are either a serious farmer or a developer (commercial/residential) neither of which is good for shooters......

Guess thats up to the new owner whoever they may be, been a shooting ground since the 50's so hopefully it will continue but the way the land is/was parcelled up not ideal IMO the parcel with the shoot on i don't think is big enough to support the shoot (fallout) so would potentially need multiple new owners to agree.  If one person bought the whole lot..... then they are either a serious farmer or a developer (commercial/residential) neither of which is good for shooters......
Shame the local guns could not have come together to buy this.

I presume it was considered and passed on as it is not a viable business proposition?

Shame the local guns could not have come together to buy this.

I presume it was considered and passed on as it is not a viable business proposition?
Not sure, I wasn't invited to pitch in, the idea had occurred and i am sure to others, not a bad return based of annual revenue 5% based on estimate but it could have gone for a lot more, agri returns are typically 2-3%?

Not sure, I wasn't invited to pitch in, the idea had occurred and i am sure to others, not a bad return based of annual revenue 5% based on estimate but it could have gone for a lot more, agri returns are typically 2-3%?
It's a shame the 'local' smaller clubs are going this way, but understandable from a business perspective. I think we will continue to see consolidation in the smaller clubs, and to some extent with the larger clubs running reg shoots.

It's a shame the 'local' smaller clubs are going this way, but understandable from a business perspective. I think we will continue to see consolidation in the smaller clubs, and to some extent with the larger clubs running reg shoots.
Clay clubs don't make loads of money most struggle to make money, so a lot are run on a hobby basis, who is going to invest serious cash in a hobby? 

Even Football/Rugby clubs with thousands of supporters struggle.... With little or no govt backing, complaints and legal restrictions you would be mad too.......

Wouldn't you?

Back