South Worcester SG Friday 100

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No worries old farmer, sorry if I've dropped you in it with Becky, I hear she can be fearsome :) not only that but I wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of Mike Pepper, not that Ade J misses much either.

No problem - thanks for spotting my error before it caused problems.

Luckily Mike isn't on the internet - but he does seem to get all the news just as quick??

JC

JC, spoke with Mike Sunday at Longridge, where he won B Class, would add he's full of positives about your Friday shoots and encouraging anyone that could to make the effort to shoot the ground.

Bit too far north for a Friday for me I'm afraid not that I'd have the proverbial in winning anything though

It is a great shame we had to hold this series on Fridays as apparently some people still have to work that day. I'm afraid that the planning restrictions I have to work with precluded weekends so this looked like the best option as many people finish early on a Friday.

Last entries at 3.30 and you are only 40 - 45 minutes away - so if you suddenly feel unwell around Friday lunchtime we will be pleased to see you.

John

Good morning everyone.

Here is the latest list of qualifiers for the final of the Friday 100 at South Worcester on October 25th. With a list of names like this the final should be an exciting climax to the the series.

Only 4 chances left to qualify!!!

John

Wk 1 - April 5th            Clynt Warren

Wk 2 – April 12th          Adrian Johnson

Wk 3 – April 19th          Phill Smith

Wk 4 – April 26th          Steve Lovett

Wk 5 – May 3rd            Ed Solomon

Wk 6 – May 10th           Julian Morris

Wk 7 – May 17th           Chris Childerhouse

Wk 8 – May 24th           Steve Burnham

Wk 9 – May 31st           Nick Portlock

Wk 10 – June 7th          Mike Pepper

Wk 11 – June 14th        Martin Harris

Wk 12 – June 21st         Chris Biddlecome

Wk 13 – June 28th        Dan Martin

Wk 14 – July 5th           Joe Hale

Wk 15 – July 12th         Eric Pritchard

Wk 16 – July 19th         Huw Stephens

Wk 17 – July 26th         Dorian Evans

Wk 18 – Aug 2nd           Chris Morgan                        

Wk 19 – Aug 9th           Simon Billinghurst/Glyn Bullock

Wk 20 – Aug 16th         John Kendall

Wk 21 – Aug 23rd         Sean Pointing

Wk 22 – Aug 30th         Glen Spalding

Wk 23 – Sept 6th           Chris Bubb

Wk 24 – Sept 13th         Alan Payne

Wk 25 – Sept 20th         Steve Pinker

Wk 26 – Sept 27th

Wk 27 – Oct 4th

Wk 28 – Oct 11th

Wk 29 – Oct 19th

Wk 30 – Oct 25th          Final

Popped in today, what a lovely little ground very friendly warm welcome. A nice set of targets which could easily catch you out if you weren't paying attention. Shot a steady 90 which I'm very pleased with. just a right-left midi catching me out 4 times that annoyed me. Good ground looking forward to coming back

[SIZE=20pt]Final of the Friday 100 competition [/SIZE]

[SIZE=20pt]October 25th.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Hi Everyone,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]The final qualifier was held last Friday so here is the list for this Fridays Grand Final.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Becky will be making contact with you all during this week but some of you are difficult to get in touch with. If you haven’t heard from her in the next couple of days then give her a call or text on 07715707532.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]We will be shooting from 10.00am, with last entries at 1.30pm, to make sure we finish with enough light in the event of a shoot off.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]If anyone who didn’t qualify would like to come and shoot practice - to see how well they would have done against the qualifiers - then I am happy for you to shoot in the morning as long as numbers do not interfere with the competition. Spectators are welcome.[/SIZE]

​
 ​
[SIZE=24pt]Friday 100 Qualifiers[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Wk 1 - April 5th             Clynt Warren[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Wk 2 – April 12th          Adrian Johnson[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Wk 3 – April 19th          Phill Smith[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Wk 4 – April 26th          Steve Lovett[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Wk 5 – May 3rd             Ed Solomon[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Wk 6 – May 10th           Julian Morris[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Wk 7 – May 17th           Chris Childerhouse[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Wk 8 – May 24th           Steve Burnham[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Wk 9 – May 31st           Nick Portlock[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Wk 10 – June 7th          Mike Pepper[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Wk 11 – June 14th        Martin Harris[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Wk 12 – June 21st        Chris Biddlecome[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Wk 13 – June 28th        Dan Martin[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Wk 14 – July 5th           Joe Hale[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Wk 15 – July 12th         Eric Pritchard[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Wk 16 – July 19th          Huw Stephens[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Wk 17 – July 26th          Dorian Evans[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Wk 18 – Aug 2nd           Chris Morgan                         [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Wk 19 – Aug 9th            Simon Billinghurst/Glyn Bullock[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Wk 20 – Aug 16th          John Kendall[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Wk 21 – Aug 23rd          Sean Pointing[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Wk 22 – Aug 30th          Glen Spalding[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Wk 23 – Sept 6th           Chris Bubb[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Wk 24 – Sept 13th          Alan Payne[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Wk 25 – Sept 20th          Steve Pinker[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Wk 26 – Sept 27th          Ian Ricks[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Wk 27 – Oct 4th            Adam Curtis[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Wk 28 – Oct 11th          Bryan Parker[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Wk 29 – Oct 19th          Mike Bartlett[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Wk 30 – Oct 25th          Final[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Friday 100 Final at South Worcester[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]The morning was dark, windy and wet. Fortunately the forecasted rain did not materialise, so the day was bright, even sunny at times, but the blustery wind made the clays decidedly unpredictable. As we knew that the wind might be a problem Becky and I had designed a layout which, while retaining as much variety as possible, would be pretty robust in the wind. We purposely made the layout pretty tough, bearing in mind the calibre of the shooters who had qualified, without making the targets silly or a test of youthful eyesight.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]24 of the possible 29 qualifiers turned out for the final. Even with a testing layout and blustery conditions we still had a tie for first and third place. After a tense shoot off with Chris Biddlecome - Nick Portlock was the eventual high gun.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Many thanks to all those who came and supported this new shoot over the summer months. In particularly I would like to thank the finalists who all joined in the spirit of the day. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]If anyone would like a full list of results send me an e-mail to [email protected].[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]All the best[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]John[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Results[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]1st[/SIZE] Nick Portlock         83 + 4 (After shoot off)

[SIZE=medium]2nd[/SIZE] Chris Biddlecome  83 + 1 (after shoot off)

[SIZE=medium]3rd[/SIZE] Clynt Warren         82

[SIZE=medium]4th[/SIZE] Sean Pointing         82(not present for shoot off)

[SIZE=medium] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]If you would like to see more photos of the day click on this link….[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]http://s170.photobucket.com/user/old-farmer/media/midland%20gun%20co/Friday%20100%20comp/fridayfinal103c_zps9db0e94e.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations John & Becky on a brilliant run series and real good fun, really hope this continues next year

well shot nick. nice to see the krieghoff doing the business!!!!! well shot glos boys clean sweep eh. PS. NICK WHERE IS YOUR HAND ON THE PHOTO??????????????

Back