Walk Back on Fridays at South Worcester

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldfarmer

Last year at South Worcester we put on a walk back to see who could get back the furthest. I’m afraid that 110 yards was the furthest we could manage.

Over the next 4 Fridays, as well as the qualifiers for the Friday 100 competition, I will be putting on the walk back as a pool shoot.

It is great fun and quite a challenge.

There will be a limit of 28gm, 7½ shot (commercial cartridges only – no reloads) but you can use whatever chokes or calibres you like, plastic or fibre wad.

No limit to the number of goes.

12 shots at each entry, always starting at 50 yards and only moving back a peg after each hit.

The first 6 pegs will be 10 yards apart (50 – 100 yards) but after that they will be 2 yards apart.

After 4 weeks the person who has got back the furthest wins the money.

At the end of the first mini series we will probably run it again.

If we have a tie then there will be a shoot off at the end of the

4th shoot, if the participants are there, if they are not the money will be shared.

If Mr Digweed can do it then so can you!!! All you have to do is point the gun in the right direction!!!

John

sounds like BM3 time to me  :nyam:  hope to be there by 2pm John and could be bringing a few with a bit of luck......

It will be a near vertical , slightly incoming, belly on, standard teal (depending on the wind!!!) Stalling above the peg.

Should be easy then!!

Difficult to see a 100yrd crossing target let alone hit it!! I think the scorer would need some binoculars?

John

It will be a near vertical , slightly incoming, belly on, standard teal (depending on the wind!!!) Stalling above the peg.

Should be easy then!!

Difficult to see a 100yrd crossing target let alone hit it!! I think the scorer would need some binoculars?

John
Fair enough. I was just thinking that a face-on looper would work too..

this was a great target today, big high incomer, starting at 50m at it's peak !!! you get 12 shots only !! moving back 10m at a time, I missed a complete pair at 70m with 3/4-full and FOB JPM 71/2 .....killed the next with a  single shot leaving me 6 shots. broke it at 80-90 and 100m missed it at 102 ? three people got to the same on the day, good fun, amazing how far a good shell will kill at, add a bit of luck due to the open-ness of the pattern,good laugh good company enjoyed it .... 

Back