Snap caps

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to use them but after forgetting a few times that they were in the gun until I opened it as I got it out of the slip on the first stand and they shot out with a loud click, I now don't bother.

I used to use them but after forgetting a few times that they were in the gun until I opened it as I got it out of the slip on the first stand and they shot out with a loud click, I now don't bother.
See post 18.

I may actually start doing this again, now that I have a v spring gun..

I have started using one to allow me to release the tension on the v springs when I put the guns away in broken down form (cabinet is not tall enough to put away fully assembled- Doh!) Just hold the cap over firing pin and pull the trigger. Safety on/off then release the other one. Other peeps do this with a coin.

Glad to help :)

DT

Last edited by a moderator:
I put in the snap caps fire both barrels, remove fore end, then remove barrels, result hammers dropped but not cocked. My Browning came out of the box like that, so must be ok.

Never used them and never will. Also never had any issues...

Use them as paperweights

Never used them and never will. Also never had any issues...

Use them as paperweights
I was waiting for Ed's opinion, I read in the K-80 manual that they recommend using them, wonder if it effects that 10 year warranty (like the 12 or 24 month service requirement depending on how much you shoot).

Personally I got some when I first started shooting but never use them, seen these threads yes and no a few times so guess as always it's up to the individual!!

Admin are awesome, but do they ever change what we write, if they have heard it all before?

Deershooter
We haven't got to the stage of automatically censoring what people say, as a general rule...

Newbies require guidance, but perhaps we should have  "Read this First" thread somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair I think the point being made is that new shooters requiring info always end up asking the same things....so a quick trawl of the site would give them the threads where this has been done to death before.

It saves a lot of time for all.

There is a lot of information and opinions already logged on here.

Using the 'search' position might help....if they are new to the site and were unaware of that facility.

:wink:

Last edited:
Here is one.....

&do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>

Here is another....after a two minute search.....

&do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with starting a new thread to get new opinions , I use a ten cent piece held lightly over the firing pin saves taking the trigger out and I always take my gun down after use. Still a long way to go for a 10 Nic! :)

Thinking about starting a new thread on shot string and choke, how they relate to each other... do they relate to each other?... Don't know if I will but I might... I'll think about it :)

Another then.

'&do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

The point of multiple threads on the same topic is that lots of shooters who could give good info get bored with answering the same question....and start to 'ignore' threads.

Matt specifically arranged a part on the forum for 'new shooters' so that they could look at questions that they might have....that have already been asked by others.

As this particular question results in lots of opinions....as everyone's opinion on the subject is different....then a little reading....will save them time.

......just saying

Not good to bore people off threads that are not really that informative anyway.....you might bore them off the forum if the same topic is a habitual reoccurrence .

Hopefully the OP can now get all the information needed by reading the links I have found for him....in a few minutes of searching.

Hope that helps.

Its shot on a string. You cellotape it on the end of the barrel the faster you swing the gun the more it staightens meening you swinging the gun faster.

Its to do with centrifrugral force acting on the ejecta through 18.6mm bore size and skeet choke.

You have to be carefull not to get this tangled up on the cage. Should be ok if standing in a hoop.

Latest posts

Back