Site Content

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:D It's a bit like simo pairs at clays...as sure as hell you try to shoot 'two for one'...you end up with NONE!!! 

The reason the visit count is so high is that there is some really good content on here, Matt the true measure should be new sign ups..
About 15 per week on average... 

But page views / visits / UU's / time spent are the real measure if you want to be selling advertising. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Well , as a recent sign up who now only reads the site when I'm on the bus and bored (which is rare) or very shamefully has nothing better to do on a Saturday night ...it's a bit like the guys at the club you used to shoot with but don't anymore because they make the same mistakes they always make and cant see it and will never change, you smile and be social but look elsewhere because it ends up bringing your own game down...

Infact I only clicked on this thread because I thought it might be about the slowdown and wondered if it was just me..

If you cant see how tedious it is to hear the 'Parrot sketch' for the umpty umpth time or who does or doesn't like autos or the fact that EVERY thread ends up being the same few digging each other over the same jokes (as harmless as they are) there is really no hope.

I'm sticking my neck out here , I hate Facebook BTW....and I would love this to be a resource for both the social and in my case competitive shooter but due to the above it's just not.... and I can already hear the replies of 'don't read it then' ....well, your right and I wont ....but neither will anyone else.....

I'm not suggesting that those that post and find the same joke funny ad infinitum are bad people and I'm really not trying to insult anyone but as the exact person your talking about who signed up a year ago ...posted initially and then f***ed off ...I'm telling you why,

Sorry ....I guess..

oh dear,,,,,you been watching the dismal rugby played by England ?

keep away from beachy head then, go shoot something .

Well , as a recent sign up who now only reads the site when I'm on the bus and bored (which is rare) or very shamefully has nothing better to do on a Saturday night ...it's a bit like the guys at the club you used to shoot with but don't anymore because they make the same mistakes they always make and cant see it and will never change, you smile and be social but look elsewhere because it ends up bringing your own game down...

Infact I only clicked on this thread because I thought it might be about the slowdown and wondered if it was just me..

If you cant see how tedious it is to hear the 'Parrot sketch' for the umpty umpth time or who does or doesn't like autos or the fact that EVERY thread ends up being the same few digging each other over the same jokes (as harmless as they are) there is really no hope.

I'm sticking my neck out here , I hate Facebook BTW....and I would love this to be a resource for both the social and in my case competitive shooter but due to the above it's just not.... and I can already hear the replies of 'don't read it then' ....well, your right and I wont ....but neither will anyone else.....

I'm not suggesting that those that post and find the same joke funny ad infinitum are bad people and I'm really not trying to insult anyone but as the exact person your talking about who signed up a year ago ...posted initially and then f***ed off ...I'm telling you why,

Sorry ....I guess..
As you will see from my post count, I really do very little on this site, for many reasons i've just not got into it.  Some of those reasons similar to the ones you outlined above, initially it seemed a wee bit cliquey with the same characters getting involved in every post, but in their defence if they didn't post then it would be considerably quieter than it is now.

What would you like the forum to be?

As a clay shooting resource how many times can the same old topics about choke sizes/type/make, cartridge make, shot size, wad type, gun fit, barrel length, etc be discussed and stay interesting?

It's funny how our individual perspectives work.  You and I both frequent another site and I would say that the cliquey factor is a lot stronger there and it is far harder to engage for me there.  In terms of a more serious nature to the forum, if people want that they need to engage in the first place and ask serious questions.   Let's not get too serious though don't see why you can't have a bit of a laugh.  

Don't know how that happened I seem to be masquerading as Santa.  The above is my response to GrrClark's post and Dskize's comments.

Any forum is kind of like a Bus.

You have the choice whether to jump on to enjoy the ride, you can talk to other passengers, read your book or just watch through the window. Your level of interaction with others travelling on the journey is your choice. Occasionally you sit next to the Nutter that only want to talk when you want to relax, and we all know how irritating that can be. You might find something of interest along the way, or maybe it's only the destination that excites you. Either way, we all travel for different reasons and have a different experience from the journey.

Alternatively, you could just stand there and watch the bus go past, either wishing you were on it and joining in, or grateful you missed it because you really didn't want to go where it's going. It's your choice to make.

Please don't be critical because others use it in a different way from you. If you don't like it, move along, there's plenty of diverse content to trawl through and every so often you find a little gem, or maybe even something that changes your life if you are lucky.

The whole thing is evolving all the time. It's a different forum to the one that I joined already, and it's different again from the way it was described to me by the friend that got me on to it. The people and the content are contantly rolling along and thankfully it still exists for us all to indulge in as we wish.(So far!)

Any forum is kind of like a Bus.

You have the choice whether to jump on to enjoy the ride, you can talk to other passengers, read your book or just watch through the window. Your level of interaction with others travelling on the journey is your choice. Occasionally you sit next to the Nutter that only want to talk when you want to relax, and we all know how irritating that can be. You might find something of interest along the way, or maybe it's only the destination that excites you. Either way, we all travel for different reasons and have a different experience from the journey.

Alternatively, you could just stand there and watch the bus go past, either wishing you were on it and joining in, or grateful you missed it because you really didn't want to go where it's going. It's your choice to make.

Please don't be critical because others use it in a different way from you. If you don't like it, move along, there's plenty of diverse content to trawl through and every so often you find a little gem, or maybe even something that changes your life if you are lucky.

The whole thing is evolving all the time. It's a different forum to the one that I joined already, and it's different again from the way it was described to me by the friend that got me on to it. The people and the content are contantly rolling along and thankfully it still exists for us all to indulge in as we wish.(So far!)
:)  Yep, no different really to a round of clays, you meet a lot of people some of whom are chatty, some a bit reserved, others make you wonder why they pay to be there looking at their sour faces. 

:)  Yep, no different really to a round of clays, you meet a lot of people some of whom are chatty, some a bit reserved, others make you wonder why they pay to be there looking at their sour faces. 
And no different than any other hobby site, or any group of hobbyists for that matter.  Ever been to an aquarium club meeting?  Model trains?  Watch collectors?  

Personally the people are the point of participating in any hobby.  If the people suck then how enjoyable is that and what's really the point?  Seriously.

I haven't checked in for a while and i hardly recognise the place, the new site is a pain to use as i view it on my mobile. When you could view content using tapatalk it made using a mobile a lot easier. I miss some of the ill tempered discussions they added a bit of spice. Some people are abrasive, some are tolerant, some are meek and some are forthright just like everyday life. Its just typing on a screen if this manages to upset your equilibrium in your own life then a forum is the least of your troubles. :baby:

5pXdnl.png

It's funny how our individual perspectives work.  You and I both frequent another site and I would say that the cliquey factor is a lot stronger there and it is far harder to engage for me there.  In terms of a more serious nature to the forum, if people want that they need to engage in the first place and ask serious questions.   Let's not get too serious though don't see why you can't have a bit of a laugh.
How very odd that you became Santa :)

I do understand where you are coming from in respect to the cliquey factor on the other site too.  For what it's worth I don't think this forum is particularly cliquey, I did at first, but soon worked out that it was just regular posters making an effort to chat and keep things moving.

Similar to Ian's comments if folks don't make an effort to join in then they are always outsiders and everything will always appear cliquey.

The other forum can be a bit more challenging yet it is much more heavily moderated.

Both sites are very different and both have their good and bad points and I am a bit surprised there is not more crossover between the two.

I think part of the reason I don't post so much on here is that a lot of the content seems to be more directed towards activities in the South and so I don't relate to it as much.  Not sure if that take on things is actually true, but it feels a bit that way.  Another thing that adds to that perception is because a lot of posters on here do a lot of the same competitions then they know each other beyond the confines of the forum, so being an outside voice seems a little bit more of a barrier.  That's not a criticism though.

I do read a lot of content from here, although not so much recently, and there are some really insightful posts.

I haven't checked in for a while and i hardly recognise the place, the new site is a pain to use as i view it on my mobile. When you could view content using tapatalk it made using a mobile a lot easier. I miss some of the ill tempered discussions they added a bit of spice. Some people are abrasive, some are tolerant, some are meek and some are forthright just like everyday life. Its just typing on a screen if this manages to upset your equilibrium in your own life then a forum is the least of your troubles. :baby:
Tapatalk has just been released for this version of the software - will be installed/available in the next week or so. 

My perception is that the pace of discussion has slowed down a lot, and become tamer, since "Pending Deletion" left.  I don't know if there's direct cause and effect there, but I miss her on here.

I've found this place to be invaluable as I've got into shooting. I've been shot down a couple of times, but haven't been put off.  On balance, the positives of the help, advice and encouragement I've received outweigh the negatives. In person, a few people here have been generous to a fault with their time helping me out - Nic is one of them - I would like to thinkthink that in time I could pass on that goodwill to others.  If not for this site I'd never have met them.

On the downside, I use this site mainly from my phone, and the current software has not been easy. Tapatalk is far from perfect, but a lot easier to use...

I like this site , hate Facebook (nosey Barstewards).

This site was started because of one man's obsession with his new found hobby, as his popularity grew he met many who I personally thought used his website to further their own businesses , thankfully they now seem to have moved on to rip someone else off. Leaving behind us few faithfuls, who will gladly and freely give our advice.

If my advice is not to your liking , just remember how much it cost you!

Meanwhile a very warm welcome,

If myself , Will , Hamid, Wyle and many more can help , feel free to ask , if you want to ask what is really a stupid question and you want a stupid answer please email James Johnston direct at Cows&Udders.com.

Or wait until milking is over and he will be along shortly.

I like this site , hate Facebook (nosey Barstewards).

This site was started because of one man's obsession with his new found hobby, as his popularity grew he met many who I personally thought used his website to further their own businesses , thankfully they now seem to have moved on to rip someone else off. Leaving behind us few faithfuls, who will gladly and freely give our advice.

If my advice is not to your liking , just remember how much it cost you!

Meanwhile a very warm welcome,

If myself , Will , Hamid, Wyle and many more can help , feel free to ask , if you want to ask what is really a stupid question and you want a stupid answer please email James Johnston direct at Cows&Udders.com.

Or wait until milking is over and he will be along shortly.

and, of course, I've found that free advice, even mine, is much too often worth just what it cost.

And And And  is that other site mentioned here also populated by foreigners?

Latest posts

Back