Shouldn't there be a glut of cartridges?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
El Spavo, what you say about a temporary higher outlay is correct and not a problem if a big business, but lots of RFDs are far from big and will not want a temporary higher outlay to replace the stock. Hence why the price of the in stock cartridges will go up. Really is that simple.

Let’s just get back out and enjoy shooting again.
Yeah, agree that small dealers will feel it more, but it's still gonna be seen as profiteering no matter how you slice it as they're not likely to have ever been forced into running that particular type of business.

A lot of huffing and puffing going on here over something that is fundamental to the game... if you don't like price hikes don't do shooting. It is an expensive game and everybody who does it knows that before they fire a shot. If a shooter uses 200 cartridges a week his costs have gone up by £5 if he was paying £250 a thou ... hardly earth shattering.
Yes, people will do what they want, but doesn't mean it does p1ss those people off when it seems reasonably and comparatively unexplainable.

I like a lot of others I suspect, will just shoot less rather than give up completely if the price go's up too much.

But then again you can only push people so far, as it's a luxury rather than a necessity after all

Most are fully aware we're never going to even compete for much more than pride, so it's easily possible to price us into a position of not financing this market as much as some companies would like us to. Even way before this issue kicked in, I have had thoughts of whether I can justify spending my son's inheritance, as little as it will be, on an expensive hobby. Luckily, I have a wife who consistantly goads me into shooting as I don't have any other vices that I spend money on, bless her.

Easy come, easy go. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
where does this idea come from that  retailers only make £5 a thousand  on cartridge sales,which equates to between 2 and 2.5 %,look at your own business could you survive on such a tiny mark up?

I know they make very little on .22 target ammo.Small local gun shop to me unless your ordering 10,000 rounds don't ask.

He can only give a discount on that amount then because the importer will do free delivery on that quantity

Latest posts

Back