Shot cloud

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clanchief

For those doubters out there, watch the BBC coverage of todays shooting, the slow mo shots show how spread out the shot cloud actually is.

chiefy

Brilliant camera work to catch that.......fantastic.

Of course loads on here will be having heart attacks at just how much shot misses the targets .

P.s. Pete Wilson..........Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooold!!

post-17-0-25082100-1343924446.jpg

Attachments

• PETER WILSON - OLYMPIC GOLD.jpg
    PETER WILSON - OLYMPIC GOLD.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 0
I certainly would be interested to know what cartridges were the preferred choice of the competitors. Obviously RF uses Express, but what? Peter Wilson?

I wonder how many used RC & Fiocchi?

What choke 1/2, 3/4, F, XF?

I certainly would be interested to know what cartridges were the preferred choice of the competitors. Obviously RF uses Express, but what? Peter Wilson?

In an interview with peter wilson on shootclay a while back,he said he uses RC but was having his own shell developed for himself which would not be on sale to anyone.

4 of the 6 finalist's were shooting Clever Mirage. Mix of Grand Italia and Pro Extra, Tom Young from North Ayrshire Shooting sent a pallet to London about 10 days ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
4 of the 6 finalist's were shooting Clever Mirage. Mix of Grand Italia and Pro Extra, Tom Young from North Ayrshire Shooting sent a pallet to London about 10 days ago.
And I bet Tam never gave them a discount :wink:

chiefy

A long shot string exists, but it may as well not. It passes the clay so fast, it may as well be in a clump, in terms of hit and miss factor.

Would have been interesting if the BBC had shown the close ups of the clays when the shooters missed, wouldn't have been the most exciting tv but would have been interesting to see just to see how close the shot actually was! Great camera work though (and even better shooting) and it certainly proves a lot of the shot patterns theory people keep talking about.

The first time I saw shot in the air was about 22yrs ago, standing behind someone shooting skeet, evening light, sky background. It was like a walking stick going through the air toward's the target. I've seen it many times since but never as clear as the first

Would have been interesting if the BBC had shown the close ups of the clays when the shooters missed,
I thought much the same until I noticed many of the slomo insertions appeared to be generic, as in identical break patterns. You can't really blame them as they wouldn't in their wildest dreams know there are people interested in the actual mechanics of these micro second flash point events.

Many appear to have been amazed at what a revelation these shots were to them, share your thoughts please. To me they looked exactly as you would expect. :mellow: One interesting thing was that even very tight chokes such as in use on the second birds cannot keep that tight a bunch, for me visual proof that 1/4 won't break everything so long as you point it right. :wink:

One other thing I noticed was that most appeared to have a more open choke for the bottom barrel (judging by the constrictions viewed via frontal shots) which makes sense of course, even the best in the world need every help they can get.

Latest posts

Back