Shooting Spain

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You need PROPER footwear!!!! Like this

I brought these for shooting.

I would normally wax my legs but winters coming.

post-2976-0-18175000-1411578520.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good job ips is on his hols, otherwise we could have seen worse mate!

Remind me what this has to do with shooting in Spain....?

Last edited:
Remind me what this has to do with shooting in Spain....?
What, you mean they don't wear shoes in Spain Nic? Not even stilettos' or counterfeit DM's? Just wait until the Dorset boys get there next year! Ips and Rosso are now honorary Dorset boys.....so look out Spain here we come!!!

Oh.....I see Les.....

Well in that case you need one of these to keep them in order.....

Bought from Jarapalo....

post-17-0-95227000-1411588533.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 0
Ok Nic, I give up.....bugger all to do with shooting.....or Spain!! Maybe we need a shoe section...ips would love it! Mind you I think Rosso could be a touch "avant-garde" in his choice of shooting foot ware!

Well I thought my info was the most accurate and up to date to the OP's question.....so there.... :laugh:

Just returned from Spain , as already said Marbella club seems gone ..........But the really bad news was spoke to the owner / instructor from Jarapelo and he informs me that new laws / rules have been brought in , in Spain regarding shooting , he had the police turn up a couple of weeks ago, in the middle of him instructing a group of Italian guys and told to stop immediately otherwise he could be  arrested and the threat of a 3000 !!euro fine and the club being shut down. Apparently to have a shotgun in your possession you must have  your own licence he explained it to me by saying it was now the same as driving lessons you now must have a licence to drive before having lessons , he said it has basically stopped a very large part of his business stone cold and he was off today to see if it could be resolved 

Imagine how that would hurt shooting in this country let alone any other country , if they tried to bring in these Draconian style laws,.

No taking friends / family along to see if they would like shooting , No have a go days , no hen / stag parties ect ect.  

clubs and a lot of instructors would be sorely affected because as we know most would not go through all the rigmarole of getting a licence just to see if they fancy shooting , i just hope this isn't some sort of European directive !!

The guardia civil have been getting more awkward that is true. But again it depends where and what you do....and the relationship formed. You can shoot anywhere with your own papers. But don't even try if you have not papers.

No point comparing countries....it is impossible. EU directives are one thing....internal laws another.....and then there is the Guardia Civil...!! Not many know that there are 2 types of police in Spain.....they don't like each other (story too long to explain) and you need to do things 'their' way.....or no way....!! Even the Spanish do not argue with the police.

Spain is fantastic for shooting all types of clays and quarry .....but like other countries.....they have their own specific laws. They change them when they want to.....these are not democratic options.

(Hence I always say don't argue with the police at airports, it could be the difference between 30mins and 3hours).

:wink:

By the way Blaser F3........ You are welcome......

It has been my meager experience that arguing with the police anywhere about anything will fail to be productive.  Affirmed by 1st and 2nd hand info.  But, some people may be better at it.  And avoiding interaction with police armed with machineguns has always seemed well advised to me.

YMMV of course (and best of luck with it)

Just been talking to the shooters in Gib and they are unaware of this....think it has been a miss-understanding of translated meaning. They are up there this Thursday so will give a report back.

My Spanish lot have not heard of this yet.

So i will clarify after a skype to the Federation HQ in Madrid.

Latest posts

Back