Shooting re-evaluation?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to College  Farm today, blustery and it tried to rain but didn’t come to much.  Very enjoyable and enjoyed the sequences shooting the one up the hill 17/20 which I was very pleased with given the wind.  Looking good there as well.  
I’m back there on Wednesday for my first reg shoot in 3 months. Lovely place. 

Went to Roundwood for the day, tis a lovely setting and during lockdown lots of work in opening up more ground, maintenance of building and the like. Our merry gang was taken around by Chas Davies a chap that always has the right words to say, and has the patience of a saint. They do like to put on some BIG targets there, oh and some very quick ones too. The tower is recorded as being 153 feet high, the traps can be moved around remotely, and when that thing throws a driven , or as a treat just for me a L-R crosser that's rising from said trap that is a BIG bird that needless to say looks very small. Had a great time, shot well, actually shot very well for me so big smiley face in that regard, oh from 9.00 to 3.00pm I probably shot near 275 carts, all being 28g F3, and no adverse recoil issues felt. 

Happy day.

Having had three 100 target outings now and I've enjoyed each one.  I do note now that maybe I'm not quite so keen (read that as desperate to get to a ground in any weather) as I was, I'm supposed to be shooting tomorrow at Kibworth but note that the weather forecast isn't exactly fabulous - if it's wet I'll likely give it a miss.  

College Farm registered ESP today. Got lucky with a dry morning, it’s raining heavily at home now. 

Excellent course again, interesting and decent level of difficulty. Nick Portlock on 98 was VERY good though. I was a way behind that of course, especially after missing three fairly simple ones on first stand; I think I wasn’t getting my face on to the stock, which I’ll blame on being rusty.. 89 was OK considering. 

Back