Shooting re-evaluation?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m going to Widdington tomorrow.  Tony’s like a child the night before Xmas.    I’ve worked throughout lockdown and I feel confident that I can be safe and I won’t hold back if you aren’t.  I’ll let you know how I get on because I’m convinced  I’ve forgotten how to shoot.  Really wonder if my arms will feel weak.  .  

We went to Widdington and I can't tell you how great it was to be out in a field shooting a few clays.  During the few hours we were there I’d say 6 lots of 2 shooters out in total. We started at stand 1 and went around up the right hand side and then down the left.  A varied presentation nothing too tricky  although a tricky rabbit and not that I got every one I shot at today.   I was happy I hadn’t forgotten how to shoot 😂.  Hand gel on every stand.  You could order food to take away if you wanted because obviously club house out of use except to reach  toilets. Lovely to see the deer as well. Tony definitely benefited  from being in the countryside and doing something he loves, his spirits are raised.  he’s really not used to being stuck indoors and not working.  His industry have not come back yet so this bit of freedom is a welcome relief.  

I’m booked into College farm on 3rd for a round of 100, under latest conditions. Although at 24 cases in London area per day I’m starting to think we are being overly cautious now. I think regional analysis Is important.

I’m booked into College farm on 3rd for a round of 100, under latest conditions. Although at 24 cases in London area per day I’m starting to think we are being overly cautious now. I think regional analysis Is important.
I don't think so Will that 24 cases claim has been outed as completely false. The 24 cases is only the government confirmed number there are according to most epidemiologists many more unconfirmed cases in London which are not in the government figure. It is a tough situation loosening the restriction prematurely risks all that has gone before. What I would agree on is that sooner or later the country must return to what would be termed a near normal but in my opinion it would be a fool who would go out into the world with the same approach to life that they did before COVID .

I don't think so Will that 24 cases claim has been outed as completely false. The 24 cases is only the government confirmed number there are according to most epidemiologists many more unconfirmed cases in London which are not in the government figure. It is a tough situation loosening the restriction prematurely risks all that has gone before. What I would agree on is that sooner or later the country must return to what would be termed a near normal but in my opinion it would be a fool who would go out into the world with the same approach to life that they did before COVID .
Agreed it’s all a matter of degree. I’m not saying Instantly return to as before, but definitely a gradual step is needed even if it’s proven wrong, we have to try and get the world turning again. 

Well, I have a 'slot' at the local ground on Wednesday, apparently there are no slots at any supermarkets,  so some must have been panic buying again  ?  I am making the most of my good fortune and will abide by all the rules.  I SHALL be wearing a mask, nothing to do with the virus but I shall be shooting DTL.........................................................................with my AUTO    😷😷

I have slot booked on Friday. Spent the last 7 weeks redeployed to a hospital (normally work in the community), so really looking forward to a blast. I will enjoy it for what it is as I have learned that life is too short to get too uptight about stuff.....

Enjoy your shooting everyone.

I have slot booked on Friday. Spent the last 7 weeks redeployed to a hospital (normally work in the community), so really looking forward to a blast. I will enjoy it for what it is as I have learned that life is too short to get too uptight about stuff.....

Enjoy your shooting everyone.
Enjoy Nick you deserve a break after all you have experienced...... I'm looking forward to when I can get back out but still shielding until 16th June unless advised otherwise 

I’ll be leaving it for a couple of weeks, firstly the grounds will have time to test measures, secondly we will start to see the impact of restrictions lifting in stats ... I’m not convinced we are at anything other than the very start of this virus..

Edgehill nr Banbury is open - appointment only.  Shall give it a bash on Friday gloves and mask, duly equipped.

Went out and shot on Sunday. After re-evaluating I think I quite like it.  Out again next week,  just to make sure. 😎
Same here. Very quiet at the grounds as the "reserve ahead" is either not catching on or people are held back for other reasons. Blue skies, light breeze, flashes of orange and all in all a great feeling to be back out there. I imagine the coming days will be busier as they're bank holidays, so a putting my reservations in now. I don't think this bug had left at all. 

In another week and a half it looks like 'back to sort of normal' at the grounds in terms of the clubhouse then being back in business too (as in serving more than take-away coffee and water), getting rid of the reservation-requirement, and possibly being open to others than members again. No groups yetI think, but honestly I don't miss the bachelor party crowd.  

Owls lodge yesterday,no stress at all sensible social distancing hand sanitiser on every stand said hello to Tony, Sian was right😁

Bit of sensibly socially distanced chat on  the way round.

Podimore today,Don has a very different more structured approach 1 hour slot get there 10 mins before/be gone within 10 mins of shooting which looks like it will keep evrybody miles apart will see how it goes.

Greenfields at Sturry today.  Rolled up at 11 am, about 10 cars in car park, everything organised, hand sanitiser everywhere, notices everywhere, spoke to a few chaps socially distancing ourselves of course.  Couple of new stands.  All in all well run, no problems and glad to get the gun out.  Owls tomorrow  should be good.  

First trip out today for us too. Went up to West Kent earlier this afternoon. Hand sanitiser on every stand, claymate box santised before you pick them up, oneway system in place to pay. All well organised. Felt good to be out, was a bit rusty at first, hanging on to stuff a bit, but soon back into it. Think I ended up dropping one clay each on the last five stands.

Podimore yesterday and what a beautiful day it was absolutely scorchio.

You get your own sanitiser to go round with,alocated a 100 bird course you start on 1 while another starts on 6 chances of human contact zero.

Very much enjoyed!

Back